DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week
4 years ago#111
I'm not expecting balls-off-the-wall PC sales, but I'm expecting the US sales to atleast be over 500,000. Not sure if pessimistic or optimistic, but I'm expecting atleast decent sales.
"I like the way you die, boy" -Django
4 years ago#112
After seeing the sales from the rest of the world so far... I think my prediction was off. I said it would reach 1.2 million sales, but it looks like it will struggle just to break a million. There's literally no chance of it hitting the 2 million Capcom wanted.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
4 years ago#113
If it reaches 1 mil, is that succesful?
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
4 years ago#114
rockman11_z posted...

A million is definitely a success. It's the benchmark, if a game reached it then it was a success. Most of the time. Games with ridiculously high production costs have to sell a little more then that. But for a typical game with typical costs like DmC? A million is a profit.
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
4 years ago#115
rockman11_z posted...

Not quite. Capcom wants it to reach 2 million. Half of what they want is hardly a success. NT used a lot of expensive things to make this game, including the same mocap studio from Avatar. That's not cheap, Capcom needed this game to reach the 2 million they wanted.

If and when it doesn't, they will consider it a failure.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
4 years ago#116

Capcom wants 2 mil...so maybe not.

Seeing how this was done to attract a larger audience, nope.
Can I haz cheezburger?
4 years ago#117
Profit does not equal success. A game needs to do more than break even to be successful. A million units isn't that much. The projected sales were 2 million for the first week. That's not to say that's the breaking even point but that's the projected sales needed for a real success on the Capcom scale.
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
4 years ago#118
gamer6879403333 posted...
rockman11_z posted...

A million is definitely a success. It's the benchmark, if a game reached it then it was a success. Most of the time. Games with ridiculously high production costs have to sell a little more then that. But for a typical game with typical costs like DmC? A million is a profit.

Then DmC will have a good chance on being successful then.
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
4 years ago#119
I'm sure for Ninja Theory it's been the most important and impressive week they've ever experienced.

Uh, Bison tuesday.
i3 2130 @ 3.4 GHz | Taneem Xtreme 8gb @ 1600 MHz | GTX 460 (768mb) @ 855 MHz / 2000 MHz http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
4 years ago#120
Rising_shadow posted...
Profit does not equal success. A game needs to do more than break even to be successful. A million units isn't that much. The projected sales were 2 million for the first week. That's not to say that's the breaking even point but that's the projected sales needed for a real success on the Capcom scale.

What other factors that are needed to warrant success?
I'm just curious. Talk to me.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived