DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week

#131NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/23/2013 1:57:20 PM
gamer6879403333 posted...
Why people want this to fail, I have no idea. Some kind of fanboy righteous fury? Wanting it to fail because they personally don't like it and things they don't like deserve to be crushed? Thinking that Capcom will actually continue DMC5 if this fails (it will just make them drop DMC in any form altogether)? It failing in sales makes their constant pathetic whining look justified because "it failed to sell well so obviously our hate was justified after all"?

No matter the reason, I can't think of a single one that isn't petty or entitled or pathetic. Which really doesn't say anything good about the people hoping for it.

If people don't like a product, then they simply won't buy. Even if people are called whiners and unfair, they don't have a buy a product if they don't want to.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#132NostalgiaRulesPosted 1/23/2013 2:03:17 PM
Hades192 posted...
gamer6879403333 posted...
AFreeby posted...
Which is called expressing out opinion. The same things pros did as well, but it seems more people were upset with this reboot than happy about. You can't be upset with people for telling others how they feel about a game.

Pros didn't meta-bomb metacritic with positive reviews. Pros don't go to every Youtube video by the dozen to spread how awesome the game is. Pros didn't literally take over a Gamefaqs message board. You did more then express your opinions, antis, you went everywhere like a freaking Jehovah's Witness to spread the word about how terrible you thought the game was to anyone and everyone you could.

That's not expressing an opinion, that is campaigning.

It's quite impressive, "the smell of revolution is in the air!"
I think Capcom has brought this upon themselves; their customers reactions.

I purchased DmC, gave it a fair shake by completing HAH.

By purchasing this I know I'm shunned by the Anti community but I wholeheartedly agree with their cause and respect their tenacity.

Of course you won't be shunned. That would be silly.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#133sneakysnakePosted 1/23/2013 2:45:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#134sneakysnakePosted 1/23/2013 3:14:01 PM(edited)
hoagie727 posted...
All I know is I would rather have DMC 5 also but guess what.

We live in reality and it is obvious they did not want to make DMC 5.

If DmC is the only thing I can get I will take it.

People didn't just complain about this game. It was a massive smear campaign.

If you antis kill off the series completely you will be known as the worst fans for any game ever.

So you want us to become a charity and forked out $60 as pity condolence money to Capcom to keep DmC on life support? Sorry buddy, but this is a cutthroat competitive world, especially in the video game industry, where the best in quality reaps the profits and the garbage gets swept aside.
---
PSN: sneakysnake128
#135NeoTStylePosted 1/23/2013 3:19:16 PM
where the best in quality reaps the profits and the garbage gets swept aside.

Well... not always, sadly. (Can't help but look at Battlefield, CoD, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc...)

But in this case, at least the actual fans' outrage had some kind of impact on the game and the sales which hopefully results in a good DMC game again after this complete disaster.