DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week

#31xOmniCloudxPosted 1/23/2013 8:55:24 AM
If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't like it, I'm not buying it. If it doesn't sell well enough it wont justify continuations. That makes everyone a horrible person for not liking everything in the universe and not buying it....
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#32gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 8:57:44 AM(edited)
fifinambo posted...
The only action we took was not to buy the game. Were we supposed to buy a game we didn't like just so a series we all personally think is complete dreck can continue?

Stop whining.

No, you did far more then that. Antis spread around how terrible the game was like a freaking campaign. You spread your hate for it to Youtube, all over this board, all over... EVERYWHERE, meta-bombed it too. Like I said in another thread, you went out of your way to spread via word-of-mouth how awful it is, which scared everyone else off from the game.

You didn't just not buy it and move on, antis didn't buy it and then went on a crusade to make damn certain the game did badly.

Note that I don't actually mean anyone specifically in here. I mean antis as a whole. Saying that now before someone says "well I didn't do any of that personally" and thinks it's a good point.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#33deathpapaya(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 8:59:19 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
xOmniCloudx posted...
AFreeby posted...
If the series dies off after this, so be it. I love DMC, but I would rather see the series dead than to continue on in this fashion. DmC was a decent game, but a very poor DMC game, and the series only deserves two options at this point: A true DMC5 or death. I would prefer the former, but I can accept the latter.

This.

So because the series is dead to you, the series should die and make it so it's dead for everyone?

Yes. Let it RIP.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#34AFreebyPosted 1/23/2013 9:00:19 AM
fifinambo posted...
The only action we took was not to buy the game. Were we supposed to buy a game we didn't like just so a series we all personally think is complete dreck can continue?

Stop whining.

No, you did far more then that. Antis spread around how terrible the game was like a freaking campaign. You spread your hate for it to Youtube, all over this board, all over... EVERYWHERE, meta-bombed it too. Like I said in another thread, you went out of your way to spread via word-of-mouth how awful it is, which scared everyone else off from the game.

You didn't just not buy it and move on, antis didn't buy it and then went on a crusade to make damn certain the game did badly.

Which is called expressing out opinion. The same things pros did as well, but it seems more people were upset with this reboot than happy about. You can't be upset with people for telling others how they feel about a game.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#35gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 9:03:57 AM
AFreeby posted...
Which is called expressing out opinion. The same things pros did as well, but it seems more people were upset with this reboot than happy about. You can't be upset with people for telling others how they feel about a game.

Pros didn't meta-bomb metacritic with positive reviews. Pros don't go to every Youtube video by the dozen to spread how awesome the game is. Pros didn't literally take over a Gamefaqs message board. You did more then express your opinions, antis, you went everywhere like a freaking Jehovah's Witness to spread the word about how terrible you thought the game was to anyone and everyone you could.

That's not expressing an opinion, that is campaigning.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#36Rising_shadowPosted 1/23/2013 9:05:39 AM
You'll have to tell the RE6 haters how to effectively metabomb then because despite their equally abundant hate they failed to make RE6 into a financial disaster.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#37FireMage7777Posted 1/23/2013 9:05:54 AM
AFreeby posted...

Pros didn't meta-bomb metacritic with positive reviews. Pros don't go to every Youtube video by the dozen to spread how awesome the game is. Pros didn't literally take over a Gamefaqs message board. You did more then express your opinions, antis, you went everywhere like a freaking Jehovah's Witness to spread the word about how terrible you thought the game was to anyone and everyone you could.

That's not expressing an opinion, that is campaigning.

We can't help that you guys weren't organized...
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
Turtle pie is amazing
#38gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 9:08:11 AM
Rising_shadow posted...
You'll have to tell the RE6 haters how to effectively metabomb then because despite their equally abundant hate they failed to make RE6 into a financial disaster.

Resident Evil is far bigger then DMC has ever been. A dozen games and spin offs, a fanbase numbering in the millions, several (crappy) movies based on the series, online co-op games... DMC is a tiny little niche series in comparison. Not an applicable comparison.
---
#39Rising_shadowPosted 1/23/2013 9:11:09 AM
Niche? Nonsense. DMC created the modern hack and slash genre. God of War, a financial success, cribbed so shamelessly that I was surprised the reviewers didn't mention it. It's niche in the same way Dark Souls is, it's really not. It just appeals to a specific type of gamer who really aren't rare. Any game that sells millions cannot be called niche in the way you think it is.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#40magus334Posted 1/23/2013 9:15:04 AM
hoagie727 posted...
Yeah,

How would the anti's feel if the game bombs and Capcom chooses to not make any more DMC games.

The antis would be a major reason for that happening if it occurred.

You're absolutely right. Fanboys pretty much killed all of the franchises. Every DMC that was released was complained about. They say this one is to easy and that 3 was to hard etc. They begged for Vergil so they made a special edition made him playable and dumbed down the game to make it easier. Complained that 4 was back tracking. SO I think for a game to get this many complaints it should end. I'm pretty sure if they do a DMC 5 they will find something wrong with that and complain about it. Next complaint might be about Dante's Jacket or something