DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week

#41gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 10:17:09 AM
Rising_shadow posted...
Niche? Nonsense. DMC created the modern hack and slash genre. God of War, a financial success, cribbed so shamelessly that I was surprised the reviewers didn't mention it. It's niche in the same way Dark Souls is, it's really not. It just appeals to a specific type of gamer who really aren't rare. Any game that sells millions cannot be called niche in the way you think it is.

Yeah, niche. Ask someone in real life who you don't know if they're a gamer what Resident Evil is. 99% chance they'll at least have heard of it. Ask them about Devil May Cry is. Extraordinarily low chances they'll have even heard of it before. DMC doesn't have several live action movies under its belt, doesn't have dozens of games, doesn't have an online co-op game.

So yes, niche. Compared to Resident Evil at least.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#42AFreebyPosted 1/23/2013 10:20:36 AM
magus334 posted...
hoagie727 posted...
Yeah,

How would the anti's feel if the game bombs and Capcom chooses to not make any more DMC games.

The antis would be a major reason for that happening if it occurred.

You're absolutely right. Fanboys pretty much killed all of the franchises. Every DMC that was released was complained about. They say this one is to easy and that 3 was to hard etc. They begged for Vergil so they made a special edition made him playable and dumbed down the game to make it easier. Complained that 4 was back tracking. SO I think for a game to get this many complaints it should end. I'm pretty sure if they do a DMC 5 they will find something wrong with that and complain about it. Next complaint might be about Dante's Jacket or something

Every game ever made is complained about, because there is no perfect game and things can always be made better. That doesn't mean that we didn't enjoy the past games, we just pointed out the flaws in them. As I said, I would like to see the original series come back with DMC5, but if it dies now, it is better than continuing on as DmC.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#43Rising_shadowPosted 1/23/2013 10:21:42 AM
If you ask a serious non CoD casual gamer then odds are they'll know about both. The community of geeks I was in knew both series and most of those guys were little beyond casual or normal gamers. They were guys who liked Halo, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter. They were average gamers, not CoD casuals, and they still knew about both series.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#44Hades192Posted 1/23/2013 10:23:26 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
AFreeby posted...
Which is called expressing out opinion. The same things pros did as well, but it seems more people were upset with this reboot than happy about. You can't be upset with people for telling others how they feel about a game.

Pros didn't meta-bomb metacritic with positive reviews. Pros don't go to every Youtube video by the dozen to spread how awesome the game is. Pros didn't literally take over a Gamefaqs message board. You did more then express your opinions, antis, you went everywhere like a freaking Jehovah's Witness to spread the word about how terrible you thought the game was to anyone and everyone you could.

That's not expressing an opinion, that is campaigning.

It's quite impressive, "the smell of revolution is in the air!"
I think Capcom has brought this upon themselves; their customers reactions.

I purchased DmC, gave it a fair shake by completing HAH.

By purchasing this I know I'm shunned by the Anti community but I wholeheartedly agree with their cause and respect their tenacity.
#45gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 10:24:11 AM
AFreeby posted...
Every game ever made is complained about, because there is no perfect game and things can always be made better. That doesn't mean that we didn't enjoy the past games, we just pointed out the flaws in them. As I said, I would like to see the original series come back with DMC5, but if it dies now, it is better than continuing on as DmC.

There's that selfish though again, that if the series is dead to you that it should be dead for everyone. Now I see what exactly about antis rubbed me so wrongly. It's their selfishness. They're narcissistic and selfish as hell and think the whole world revolves around them. I wouldn't normally make such a strong statement, but this line of thought seems to be shared among them, and it paints a rather ugly pattern of antis. Now I see why they're so bad. It all makes sense now.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#46DuuuDe14Posted 1/23/2013 10:25:07 AM
You will not be shunned in my eyes Hades. Teh DuuuDe accepts you.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#47AFreebyPosted 1/23/2013 10:25:23 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
Rising_shadow posted...
Niche? Nonsense. DMC created the modern hack and slash genre. God of War, a financial success, cribbed so shamelessly that I was surprised the reviewers didn't mention it. It's niche in the same way Dark Souls is, it's really not. It just appeals to a specific type of gamer who really aren't rare. Any game that sells millions cannot be called niche in the way you think it is.

Yeah, niche. Ask someone in real life who you don't know if they're a gamer what Resident Evil is. 99% chance they'll at least have heard of it. Ask them about Devil May Cry is. Extraordinarily low chances they'll have even heard of it before. DMC doesn't have several live action movies under its belt, doesn't have dozens of games, doesn't have an online co-op game.

So yes, niche. Compared to Resident Evil at least.

You seem upset that the majority of fans didn't enjoy this game as much as you. I don't know why though, since this game has been causing controversy for over 2 years now. It was fairly obvious that this game would be affected by the negative views the majority of the fanbase held of it, though I didn't know it would affect it so greatly.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#48rice_noodlesPosted 1/23/2013 10:25:47 AM
Someone is high.
#49ChickenfrogmanPosted 1/23/2013 10:25:53 AM
I support the idea of I'd rather the series die then continue on as this mutant version of itself.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#50gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 10:26:16 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...
You will not be shunned in my eyes Hades. Teh DuuuDe accepts you.

Oh great, the antis mascot just showed up. Looks like this thread's days of being an actual discourse are over.
---