DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week

#61gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 10:38:28 AM
AFreeby posted...
I don't see how any of us accepting that the series could die now is any more selfish than you wanting the series to continue on even though you know the majority of the fanbase does not like this iteration of the series. As has been pointed out, most of us don't want DMC to die, but we don't want to see it continue on like this either. By wanting Capcom to keep on making DmC games, you are just as selfish as us.

Wrong. See, them continuing the series doesn't effect you at all, period. If the series continues, you can just go about like the series is dead to you and not be effected in the least. However, if the series ends like you want, every single person in the entire world who was a fan is directly effected in the worst way possible.

What I want doesn't effect you, what you want does effect me and other fans who like DmC. Your logic is awful.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#62AFreebyPosted 1/23/2013 10:40:21 AM
What I really want is DMC5, so it is no different than you wanting DmC2.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#63gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 10:42:55 AM
AFreeby posted...
What I really want is DMC5, so it is no different than you wanting DmC2.

Wanting DMC5 is not selfish, and I never said it was. What I said was selfish is the people who would rather the series die then continue in a form they dislike.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#64AFreebyPosted 1/23/2013 10:43:25 AM
Also if Capcom keeps on making DmC, me and all the other fans who do not like this version of DMC have to find other action games to play, which is the same thing you would have to do if they don't continue DmC. Either way, we are all looking for a new series to follow, unless they make DMC5.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#65Rising_shadowPosted 1/23/2013 10:43:27 AM
Wrong. See, them continuing the series doesn't effect you at all, period. If the series continues, you can just go about like the series is dead to you and not be effected in the least. However, if the series ends like you want, every single person in the entire world who was a fan is directly effected in the worst way possible.

Actually, yes, it does affect him. Number one, Capcom will still be financing this dreck in favour of other projects, number two, it means a real DMC5 will never be made and number three, they'll be saturating the market with average games and paying Tameem. Anything that finances that clown isn't worth it.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#66Dark_EpathyPosted 1/23/2013 10:51:05 AM
I don't personally understand the "legacy being tarnished." I could see that from a storytelling perspective (look at something like MGS or Kingdom Hearts, and even then most people will say the originals are still great titles), but DmC exists in a separate continuity from its parent.

If you mean in terms of gameplay, that exists on its own in each individual game. They're all different, with different systems and mechanics. Nothing is stopping anyone, aside from time and availability, from going back and playing DMC3 and reliving its experience.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#67gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 10:52:50 AM(edited)
Rising_shadow posted...
Actually, yes, it does affect him. Number one, Capcom will still be financing this dreck in favour of other projects, number two, it means a real DMC5 will never be made and number three, they'll be saturating the market with average games and paying Tameem. Anything that finances that clown isn't worth it.

Did I say that I would prefer DmC2 to be made over DMC5 (before this post, that is)? No. Did I say I would rather the series die then have a DMC5 (like you did with DmC2)? No. I said neither statement, because I'm not selfish enough to desire other gamers to be screwed because of my own desires like you guys do.

Now what do I want? I want both DmC2 and DMC5. Best of both worlds, everyone happy. As I said though, if only one of the series' continue, I'm not going to say that I would rather the series die then the game I wouldn't prefer comes out next. I would probably prefer DmC2, but if it's DMC5 next, you're not going to see me saying the series is better dead.
---
#68darkslayer001Posted 1/23/2013 10:53:25 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
AFreeby posted...
Which is called expressing out opinion. The same things pros did as well, but it seems more people were upset with this reboot than happy about. You can't be upset with people for telling others how they feel about a game.

Pros didn't meta-bomb metacritic with positive reviews. Pros don't go to every Youtube video by the dozen to spread how awesome the game is. Pros didn't literally take over a Gamefaqs message board. You did more then express your opinions, antis, you went everywhere like a freaking Jehovah's Witness to spread the word about how terrible you thought the game was to anyone and everyone you could.

That's not expressing an opinion, that is campaigning.

The prob with ur assumption is that pros did do that only the amount of Antis is the majority and thats wat happened. Dont assume pros didnt do anything, it is becuz they are in the minority when compared to antis. the only ones playing this game are pros and other makes up for the casuals. Both amount doesnt add up to DMC fanbase according to sales, which is yet to be decided. So if the majority decides that this game is butchering of the original and would rather end series than continue with DmC2, then thats their opinion and their clearly voiced it....
see wat happened to DMC2 when the complains happened...
#69darkdragon_9600Posted 1/23/2013 10:54:44 AM
If DMC5 is never made, and DmC keeps going I would be pretty happy.

Capcom would do the same to the DmC fanbase, their reactions would be the same and I would laugh my ass off.

Make it happen, Capcom.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#70darkslayer001Posted 1/23/2013 10:55:00 AM
magus334 posted...
hoagie727 posted...
Yeah,

How would the anti's feel if the game bombs and Capcom chooses to not make any more DMC games.

The antis would be a major reason for that happening if it occurred.

You're absolutely right. Fanboys pretty much killed all of the franchises. Every DMC that was released was complained about. They say this one is to easy and that 3 was to hard etc. They begged for Vergil so they made a special edition made him playable and dumbed down the game to make it easier. Complained that 4 was back tracking. SO I think for a game to get this many complaints it should end. I'm pretty sure if they do a DMC 5 they will find something wrong with that and complain about it. Next complaint might be about Dante's Jacket or something

ur arugment kinda sounds stupiid, are u saying gamers shouldnt complain?
what happened to DMC2 again?