DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week

#71gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 9:55:11 AM
darkslayer001 posted...
The prob with ur assumption is that pros did do that only the amount of Antis is the majority and thats wat happened. Dont assume pros didnt do anything, it is becuz they are in the minority when compared to antis. the only ones playing this game are pros and other makes up for the casuals. Both amount doesnt add up to DMC fanbase according to sales, which is yet to be decided. So if the majority decides that this game is butchering of the original and would rather end series than continue with DmC2, then thats their opinion and their clearly voiced it....
see wat happened to DMC2 when the complains happened...

I'm sorry to say seeing as you meant this post to me but... I can't bring myself to read this. The grammar is too horrible. I would have to torture myself to read that. I know grammar nazi's suck, but that's more then just a typo or 2.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#72AFreebyPosted 1/23/2013 9:58:40 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
The prob with ur assumption is that pros did do that only the amount of Antis is the majority and thats wat happened. Dont assume pros didnt do anything, it is becuz they are in the minority when compared to antis. the only ones playing this game are pros and other makes up for the casuals. Both amount doesnt add up to DMC fanbase according to sales, which is yet to be decided. So if the majority decides that this game is butchering of the original and would rather end series than continue with DmC2, then thats their opinion and their clearly voiced it....
see wat happened to DMC2 when the complains happened...

I'm sorry to say seeing as you meant this post to me but... I can't bring myself to read this. The grammar is too horrible. I would have to torture myself to read that. I know grammar nazi's suck, but that's more then just a typo or 2.

Which means you're just ignoring him, since he brought up decent points.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#73gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 10:00:47 AM
AFreeby posted...

If he wants heard, he needs to type like he isn't functionally "mentally disabled". Just a simple rule I have.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#74darkslayer001Posted 1/23/2013 10:05:27 AM(edited)
Dark_Epathy posted...
I don't personally understand the "legacy being tarnished." I could see that from a storytelling perspective (look at something like MGS or Kingdom Hearts, and even then most people will say the originals are still great titles), but DmC exists in a separate continuity from its parent.

If you mean in terms of gameplay, that exists on its own in each individual game. They're all different, with different systems and mechanics. Nothing is stopping anyone, aside from time and availability, from going back and playing DMC3 and reliving its experience.

well its not only about the legacy being tarnished, but each time when a fan sees DmC2 it reminds us of the whole DmC debacle. the insults, the PR, the disrespect for the community, and its pretty upsetting to see a butchered version of the series continue on in the place of DMC5.
One has to remember that DmC has pissed off the majority of the fan base to create a new one.
#75KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/23/2013 10:04:14 AM
AFreeby posted...

If he wants heard, he needs to type like he isn't functionally "mentally disabled". Just a simple rule I have.

Basically he said you were assuming that only anti's wrote false reviews on Metacritic, but some of the 10/10 reviews were just to "spite the haterz".

By this logic, it seems the anti's are the majority. Most user reviews are unbelievably low, if the pro's are the majority, they could just put up a bunch of 10/10 to balance the 0/10 the anti's post. This doesn't happen because the majority of people are against this game.

Since the majority are against it, the series (not overall DMC, just DmC) is not likely to continue.

That's what I got from his post, not my actual feelings, though I somewhat agree with him.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#76AFreebyPosted 1/23/2013 10:04:54 AM
AFreeby posted...

If he wants to be heard, he needs to type like he isn't functionally "mentally disabled". Just a simple rule I have.

Ok, grammar nazi.
---
#77hoagie727Posted 1/23/2013 10:06:22 AM
All I know is I would rather have DMC 5 also but guess what.

We live in reality and it is obvious they did not want to make DMC 5.

If DmC is the only thing I can get I will take it.

People didn't just complain about this game. It was a massive smear campaign.

If you antis kill off the series completely you will be known as the worst fans for any game ever.
#78AFreebyPosted 1/23/2013 10:07:41 AM
hoagie727 posted...
All I know is I would rather have DMC 5 also but guess what.

We live in reality and it is obvious they did not want to make DMC 5.

If DmC is the only thing I can get I will take it.

People didn't just complain about this game. It was a massive smear campaign.

If you antis kill off the series completely you will be known as the worst fans for any game ever.

I can live with that.
---
#79gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 10:10:15 AM(edited)
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Basically he said you were assuming that only anti's wrote false reviews on Metacritic, but some of the 10/10 reviews were just to "spite the haterz".

By this logic, it seems the anti's are the majority. Most user reviews are unbelievably low, if the pro's are the majority, they could just put up a bunch of 10/10 to balance the 0/10 the anti's post. This doesn't happen because the majority of people are against this game.

Since the majority are against it, the series (not overall DMC, just DmC) is not likely to continue.

That's what I got from his post, not my actual feelings, though I somewhat agree with him.

The vast majority of gamers don't actually go to message boards or video game websites. The majority are people who just see a game with the words Devil May Cry on it, buy it because they liked another DMC game, play it and have fun and go to work or school the next day and forget about it. A site like metacritic to those kinds of gamers is beneath their notice or attention. You are the majority in the "hardcore gaming" circle, but a small minority in the scheme of things. How things are on gaming websites rarely reflect the real world state of thing.

AFreeby posted...
Ok, grammar nazi.

The way it was before your crappy fixing was grammatically correct.
---
#80darkdragon_9600Posted 1/23/2013 10:10:55 AM(edited)
darkslayer001 posted...
The problem with your assumption is that pros did do that, only the amount of Antis is the majority and that's what happened.

Don't assume pros didnt do anything, they simply are the minority when compared to antis. The only ones playing this game are pros and casuals. Both don't add up to DMC fanbase according to sales so far, and we have yet to see the rest. So, if the majority decides that this game is butchering of the original and would rather see it ending than continue with DmC2, then that's their opinion and they clearly voiced it.

See what happened to DMC2 when the complaints happened.

Edited it, somewhat. Might have missed a thing or two.

Edit: Ninja'd. That's what happens when you have to try hard to understand the post, lol.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?