DmC sold 1/2 of DMC4 in Japan first week and 1/3 of DMC4 in UK first week

#81KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/23/2013 11:11:04 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Basically he said you were assuming that only anti's wrote false reviews on Metacritic, but some of the 10/10 reviews were just to "spite the haterz".

By this logic, it seems the anti's are the majority. Most user reviews are unbelievably low, if the pro's are the majority, they could just put up a bunch of 10/10 to balance the 0/10 the anti's post. This doesn't happen because the majority of people are against this game.

Since the majority are against it, the series (not overall DMC, just DmC) is not likely to continue.

That's what I got from his post, not my actual feelings, though I somewhat agree with him.

The vast majority of gamers don't actually go to message boards or video game websites. The majority are people who just see a game with the words Devil May Cry on it, buy it because they liked another DMC game, play it and have fun and go to work or school the next day and forget about it. A site like metacritic to those kinds of gamers is beneath their notice or attention. You are the majority in the "hardcore gaming" circle, but a small minority in the scheme of things. How things are on gaming websites rarely reflect the real world state of thing.

Dude, don't come crying to me. I just cleared up the post you were too lazy to read because "oh noes, grammer are 2 badz, i cant reed dis!"

I'm not here to argue in this little blame game topic.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#82fifinamboPosted 1/23/2013 11:12:06 AM
hoagie727 posted...
All I know is I would rather have DMC 5 also but guess what.

We live in reality and it is obvious they did not want to make DMC 5.

If DmC is the only thing I can get I will take it.

People didn't just complain about this game. It was a massive smear campaign.

If you antis kill off the series completely you will be known as the worst fans for any game ever.

This argument about antis killing off the franchise is dumb. If the franchise is discontinued that is completely on Capcom.

They know there was a very negative reaction to this game. Hell, even some of the marketing slogans were along the lines of, "the most talked about game". There should be absolutely no doubt as to what people didn't like about this reboot.

Blame Capcom, not us.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#83gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 11:12:57 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Dude, don't come crying to me. I just cleared up the post you were too lazy to read because "oh noes, grammer are 2 badz, i cant reed dis!"

I didn't "cry to you", it was my response to his point that you so kindly gave me the core point of without the bad grammar. Why is responding a bad thing?
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#84hoagie727Posted 1/23/2013 11:14:07 AM
I agree Capcom would get most blame as they should.

But saying you had no part in it whatsoever would be a joke.

If the company who puts out the game notices a massive outcry when they have already pretty much given up on it themselves, why would they continue making it?
#85KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/23/2013 11:14:39 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

I didn't "cry to you", it was my response to his point that you so kindly gave me the core point of without the bad grammar. Why is responding a bad thing?

Because I don't care, respond to him, not me.

Look right here ----->

See those? Those are the ****'s I don't give. You can have all of them if you leave me out of this conversation. Starting now.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#86AFreebyPosted 1/23/2013 11:15:11 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Basically he said you were assuming that only anti's wrote false reviews on Metacritic, but some of the 10/10 reviews were just to "spite the haterz".

By this logic, it seems the anti's are the majority. Most user reviews are unbelievably low, if the pro's are the majority, they could just put up a bunch of 10/10 to balance the 0/10 the anti's post. This doesn't happen because the majority of people are against this game.

Since the majority are against it, the series (not overall DMC, just DmC) is not likely to continue.

That's what I got from his post, not my actual feelings, though I somewhat agree with him.

The vast majority of gamers don't actually go to message boards or video game websites. The majority are people who just see a game with the words Devil May Cry on it, buy it because they liked another DMC game, play it and have fun and go to work or school the next day and forget about it. A site like metacritic to those kinds of gamers is beneath their notice or attention. You are the majority in the "hardcore gaming" circle, but a small minority in the scheme of things. How things are on gaming websites rarely reflect the real world state of thing.

AFreeby posted...
Ok, grammar nazi.

The way it was before your crappy fixing was grammatically correct.

If he wants heard? Yeah, that isn't even proper English. You are trying to shovel bull to the wrong person, buddy.

To your other point, by your assertion, we are a small minority. That means we shouldn't have been able to effect the sales of the game that much at all.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#87Dark_EpathyPosted 1/23/2013 11:15:36 AM
So, it's old wounds, eh?

Believe me, I shake my head every time I hear of yet another Big Boss prequel muddling up the Metal Gear Solid canon. I cringe when I see another Kingdom Hearts game get released on some obscure handheld, in the process bloating up the story and stringing along faithful fans who are right to be frustrated.

But I get over those things pretty quick. Maybe I'm just past being invested in video games, but now I just kick back and play a game I do like, even if the sequels it spawned aren't as good.

I just don't see the usefulness in choosing nothing over DmC2, if you had to make such a choice between those two things. Nothing implies literally nothing--no new games, no creation, no evolution. DmC at least has potential. A possible sequel could maybe surpass the previous games.

That's generous thinking, sure, but it's possible, as well. And, you know, maybe Devil May Cry has just had its day. So many people love to talk about Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising here. If there had never been any announcements about DMC since the fourth game, would it really be any different?
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#88darkslayer001Posted 1/23/2013 11:16:00 AM
darkslayer001 posted...
The prob with ur assumption is that pros did do that only the amount of Antis is the majority and thats wat happened. Dont assume pros didnt do anything, it is becuz they are in the minority when compared to antis. the only ones playing this game are pros and other makes up for the casuals. Both amount doesnt add up to DMC fanbase according to sales, which is yet to be decided. So if the majority decides that this game is butchering of the original and would rather end series than continue with DmC2, then thats their opinion and their clearly voiced it....
see wat happened to DMC2 when the complains happened...

I'm sorry to say seeing as you meant this post to me but... I can't bring myself to read this. The grammar is too horrible. I would have to torture myself to read that. I know grammar nazi's suck, but that's more then just a typo or 2.

My apologies for writing too quickly, but all i am saying is that Capcom/NT has pissed off around millions of fans, essentially gave them a bad name in the community thanks to the "hair" jokes and various other insults. It seems that Antis are the majority when compared to pros+casuals+new comers, if the sales are to be relied on. And they clearly voiced their opinion. This majority of fans feels that DmC2 will be a reminder of the once great franchise that is DMC and how it was scavenged for its ideas and essentially ruined it.
If you feel like ur being upset over DmC not continuing, imagine wat antis went through when they ruined the character and the gameplay that was build up in a decade. Believe it or not Dante is an iconic videogame character. And the ones that were selfish and arrogant are Capcom/NT due to their pure money grabbing mentality, essentially upsetting many fans.
#89gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 11:18:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#90gamer6879403333Posted 1/23/2013 11:20:53 AM
darkslayer001 posted...
My apologies for writing too quickly, but all i am saying is that Capcom/NT has pissed off around millions of fans, essentially gave them a bad name in the community thanks to the "hair" jokes and various other insults. It seems that Antis are the majority when compared to pros+casuals+new comers, if the sales are to be relied on. And they clearly voiced their opinion. This majority of fans feels that DmC2 will be a reminder of the once great franchise that is DMC and how it was scavenged for its ideas and essentially ruined it.
If you feel like ur being upset over DmC not continuing, imagine wat antis went through when they ruined the character and the gameplay that was build up in a decade. Believe it or not Dante is an iconic videogame character. And the ones that were selfish and arrogant are Capcom/NT due to their pure money grabbing mentality, essentially upsetting many fans.

I would be a little upset if DmC2 didn't continue, but I wouldn't freak the heck out. It would bother me, but I would move on. Something the antis seem incapable of doing. I wouldn't wish death on the series.

Also, as I said a few posts back, the antis aren't the majority if you count every type of gamer that buys DMC/DmC. They are only the majority in the "hardcore gamer" sphere.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.