If Ninja Theory had half a brain, easy, easy, way they could of sold tons

#11arrenPosted 1/26/2013 7:23:02 AM
ace248952 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...
They should have just not taken DMC and run it into a train.

Had they just called the game Limbo, kept the "brothers" aspect but made them not Dante and Vergil, gotten rid of the moronic plot for something better, the game would have been an easy 8.

Right now? With it being an atrocious DMC title? 6.

Jeez. I love how people call this game "atrocious" and "moronic". Have any of you played half of the games that get released these days? Bayonetta? God of War? Call of Duties? Far Cry 3? Previous DMC games? DmC is on par with those games (and in some cases, better) in regards to gameplay, story, and metagame.

DmC is a fairly compitent game, has a very grand and spectacular feel, and combat is elegant (yes, i am a long term of the devil may cry series).

Is it perfect? NO
Is it bad? NO
Is it fun? to me: YES
Worth a buy? YES

/blogfaqs

I'm encouraged to write a review and tape a video review of the game. It deserves much more respect than it recieves.

I have also played all the previous DMC and I really have to agree with this post. DmC may not be perfect, but it's not as bad as what a lot of fans makes it to be. I can agree with most people that the difficulty is too easy and that the style meter should decrease over time or if the same moves are used. Beside that I find the game quite enjoyable, the control is awkward in the beginning but you get used to it. The game also have a interesting story and a good character interaction.

I look forward to your review :)
#12ChancreScolexPosted 1/26/2013 8:11:11 AM
SigmaHaciel posted...
First of all, the Action genre is in dire need of subgenres.

God of War is NEVER going to match up to the crazy style of proper DMC.

Ever. That is a stylistic choice to NOT be like that. God of War's thing is brutality.

And Bayo left most of DMC in the dust. 3 is good competition, and only 4's combat is better.

Btw, you have a lot of fallacies. Even if FarCry3's story is nothing to talk about, DmC's story is not worth existing period.

Also, the plot IS moronic. I'm sorry that you are so infantile that you enjoy a plot where the would-be "King of Hell" is taking over humans using debt and TV and demon sperm beer.

And why even bring up CoD? That is a whole different franchise aimed at the same lowest common denominators that DmC is aimed at.

Damn, someone gets it.
#13Sony_7Posted 1/26/2013 8:17:52 AM
This post is so dumb that it offends both pros and antis alike.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#14ZkkPosted 1/26/2013 8:30:04 AM
I think it's sad that a change of costume is all they'd need to do to get your sixty bucks. Buy this bucket of horse manure, it's got a white wig and it's called Devil May Cry 5.

And that's not a comment on this game's quality.
#15DaGr1nChPosted 1/26/2013 8:35:49 AM
SigmaHaciel posted...
First of all, the Action genre is in dire need of subgenres.

God of War is NEVER going to match up to the crazy style of proper DMC.

Ever. That is a stylistic choice to NOT be like that. God of War's thing is brutality.

And Bayo left most of DMC in the dust. 3 is good competition, and only 4's combat is better.

Btw, you have a lot of fallacies. Even if FarCry3's story is nothing to talk about, DmC's story is not worth existing period.

Also, the plot IS moronic. I'm sorry that you are so infantile that you enjoy a plot where the would-be "King of Hell" is taking over humans using debt and TV and demon sperm beer.

And why even bring up CoD? That is a whole different franchise aimed at the same lowest common denominators that DmC is aimed at.

Douche alert...
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden