dmc japan sales number ps3

#1omerta07Posted 1/23/2013 5:54:37 PM
off to a reasonably well start all things considered ! link below :
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/23/this-week-in-sales-dmc-devil-may-cry/
#2Pesmerga255Posted 1/23/2013 5:55:39 PM
It sold half as many copies in its first week as DMC4.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3longstorm555Posted 1/23/2013 6:07:59 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
It sold half as many copies in its first week as DMC4.

are you seriously trying to use that as an argument?

that's like resident evil being rebooted and people saying the reboot didn't sell as many as re4 or whatnot.
#4Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 1/23/2013 6:20:40 PM
He's just trolling for a response as usual. The article gives reason for DMC4's sales.

DmC's JP launch sales are on par with Bayonetta's launch sales, which is about what I expected. Bayonetta is still the reigning queen of H&S though.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#5dwarfkickerPosted 1/23/2013 6:26:54 PM
DmC is lucky for the numbers it has. Look around. It had no real competition this month. Next month you have Dead Space 3 and Metal Gear Rising; both games will enjoy higher sales for obvious reasons:

-Dead Space is a 3rd person shooter, does horror better than RE, and has multiplayer
-Metal Gear is well....Metal Gear, like final fantasy it will sell on its name alone

Then when March hits PS3 users will have a new God of War, and love it or hate it that series for being Sony exclusive always puts up numbers.

I'm not hating on DmC here, this is simply reality.
---
Stupidity is a disease that is only cured with a bullet to the head...or an education
#6sillycatstevenPosted 1/23/2013 6:46:31 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't DmC the first big budget, highly anticipated game released this year? and this is after a gap in big budget games too?

so it should do much better...

also, i thought everyone knew that the reason DMC4 did so well was because DMC3 was such a good game. the bundle and first DMC on next gen aren't the main reason why DMC4 did so well. if anything, the bundling caused more PS3 sales than the other way round.
if only considering the effects the reception of DMC4 has on DmC sales, DmC should have sold more copies on release.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#7pyro_buntaPosted 1/23/2013 6:46:54 PM
dwarfkicker posted...
DmC is lucky for the numbers it has. Look around. It had no real competition this month. Next month you have Dead Space 3 and Metal Gear Rising; both games will enjoy higher sales for obvious reasons:

-Dead Space is a 3rd person shooter, does horror better than RE, and has multiplayer
-Metal Gear is well....Metal Gear, like final fantasy it will sell on its name alone

Then when March hits PS3 users will have a new God of War, and love it or hate it that series for being Sony exclusive always puts up numbers.

This.

You a-holes should really this read before claiming stuff and putting off or insulting antis.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#8omerta07(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:23:55 PM
pyro_bunta posted...
dwarfkicker posted...

This.

You a-holes should really this read before claiming stuff and putting off or insulting antis.

and youre calling people a-holes for what reason ?? and for the record clowns like YOU should definitely proof read what you type before posting with your 'really this read' . dmc sold well under the circumstances and thats what im going with for many reasons , deal with it
#9SolRagnaVorraPosted 1/23/2013 7:24:46 PM
Isn't Dead Space 3 just a spinoff of Lost Planet?

*runs away*
#10goldwPosted 1/23/2013 7:37:09 PM
He's just trolling for a response as usual. The article gives reason for DMC4's sales.

DmC's JP launch sales are on par with Bayonetta's launch sales, which is about what I expected. Bayonetta is still the reigning queen of H&S though.

Oh, and guess what didn't sell well at all?

You guessed it, Bayonetta!
---
Would you like some...yoghurt? - Fernando, the Manwhore