dmc japan sales number ps3

#31fifinamboPosted 1/23/2013 9:20:51 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
You guys obviously weren't around when DMC4 was released. Back then PS3 had NOTHING going on. If i bought a new game, i was struggling to find anything half-decent. Times are very different today. We got AAA-titles coming left and right, adding to already big library of games. That's why Capcoms predictions were way off. There's no excuse on how capcom couldn't see this.

so i honestly don't expect DmC to sell well. Kids are still playing their assasins creeds and black ops, while waiting for stuff like DS3 and GoW. I don't think even MGR can match typical sales of a metal gear game.

Metal Gear Rising is gonna sell like crap. Fitting, since they bastardized the series to some so-so developer.

The butthurt is strong with this one...
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#32Steve_TeddiePosted 1/23/2013 9:23:13 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
You guys obviously weren't around when DMC4 was released. Back then PS3 had NOTHING going on. If i bought a new game, i was struggling to find anything half-decent. Times are very different today. We got AAA-titles coming left and right, adding to already big library of games. That's why Capcoms predictions were way off. There's no excuse on how capcom couldn't see this.

so i honestly don't expect DmC to sell well. Kids are still playing their assasins creeds and black ops, while waiting for stuff like DS3 and GoW. I don't think even MGR can match typical sales of a metal gear game.

Metal Gear Rising is gonna sell like crap. Fitting, since they bastardized the series to some so-so developer.

People seriously talk with kindergarten stuff like "epic own" and "butthurt" now. It's really, really sad.

If you think Rising is gonna sell well, one, find me a PG game that has, and two, look at the economy and game sales that aren't Black Ops nowadays.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7RZm.gif http://i.minus.com/jdhz8Qk44JjS5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#33Orange00Posted 1/23/2013 9:26:15 PM
fifinambo, butthurt is pretty strong on this board in case you haven't noticed. Hell even my butt is starting to hurt with all this constant bashing of DmC, it's either that or the chili i ate yeasterday..
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#34KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/23/2013 9:31:17 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...

People seriously talk with kindergarten stuff like "epic own" and "butthurt" now. It's really, really sad.

If you think Rising is gonna sell well, one, find me a PG game that has, and two, look at the economy and game sales that aren't Black Ops nowadays.

Find me a MG game that didn't sell well. Rising will sell more than DmC in any case.

Plus, MGR doesn't bastardize the MG name. I can't believe people still say that.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#35Steve_TeddiePosted 1/23/2013 9:34:35 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...

Find me a MG game that didn't sell well. Rising will sell more than DmC in any case.

Plus, MGR doesn't bastardize the MG name. I can't believe people still say that.

I can find plenty of MG games that didn't sell well - I can even find MGS spin-offs/later re-releases that didn't sell well.

I am guess you're not a huge MGS fan, since you call it MG, not MGS. You underestimate three things:

Lack of any sort of promotion for MG:R
EVERYBODY (Except for very, very few people, of whom I am one) hates Raiden
Platinum Games have never made a game that sells, ever.

Throw in the economy, time of year it is releasing, the style of game it is, etc.

I'm getting it, but I know I'm probably gonna hate it. Really looking forward to Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7RZm.gif http://i.minus.com/jdhz8Qk44JjS5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#36Deadly_RavePosted 1/23/2013 9:37:50 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
http://kotaku.com/5976278/thank-you-capcom-for-making-january-better-year-after-year

What are you, 12?

Anyway, where's the best-selling. Still waiting.

What do you lack? Reading comprehension? I said SOME smart guy. But since you clearly avoided responding to the obvious examples and stooped to baseless assumptions, it's pretty obvious who the real child is here.
#37ResidentGear31Posted 1/23/2013 9:40:24 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...

Metal Gear Acid.
#38KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 1/23/2013 9:46:08 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
I can find plenty of MG games that didn't sell well - I can even find MGS spin-offs/later re-releases that didn't sell well.

I am guess you're not a huge MGS fan, since you call it MG, not MGS. You underestimate three things:

Lack of any sort of promotion for MG:R
EVERYBODY (Except for very, very few people, of whom I am one) hates Raiden
Platinum Games have never made a game that sells, ever.

Throw in the economy, time of year it is releasing, the style of game it is, etc.

I'm getting it, but I know I'm probably gonna hate it. Really looking forward to Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes.

Actually, I'm a huge MGS fan. The problem is, this game isn't MGS. It's MGR, a different game series that isn't about Tactical Espionage Action. The series is called Metal Gear, Solid being one of the series within the Metal Gear universe.

This game isn't trying to be Solid. It has everything needed in a MG game. If the game was called MGS:R, I'd be upset that they used the Solid name when it's not the same as Solid, but it doesn't.

The game is a canon spin off, it doesn't need to adhere to Solid's way of playing.

I called it MG because the series is MG, not MGS. MGS is just one of the different series within MG, like Megaman X is for Megaman.

I've been over this 100 times before, I hate repeating it. MGR isn't MGS, it's not trying to be.

Now, for your other points:

There wasn't much promotion at first, but now they're pulling out all the stops. If you hype something too early, the hype dies down and you lose sales. By waiting to reveal information, Koji and P* can ride the hype train for the few short weeks. Hype will be at it's highest point (the beginning) which will help sales.

I'll give you the type of game and the economy, but MGR is releasing in a pretty good spot. February is a good release month because people will be looking for new games. January is too soon, people have Christmas gifts to play. Now that they're done with those, they'll be looking for something new. In comes MGR with like zero competition in February, that'll help sales.

A lot of people hate Raiden, yeah, but a lot of people love him too. What's more, there's a Gray Fox skin. That alone will help sales. Don't believe me? Gray Fox has such a huge following, and Raiden's crazy over the top action suits him well. You pretty much get to fight as Gray Fox. Hell, one of my own reasons for buying it is for Gray Fox.

Platinum doesn't usually get huge sales, but Koji does. We have the big sales from Koji, and some extra from the P* fans. Those two together equal a pretty large amount of sales.

I'm also looking forward to GZ and the Phantom Pain (whatever it is).

Good day, sir.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#39Steve_TeddiePosted 1/23/2013 9:53:52 PM
You seem to neglect it was a MGS game before PG resurrected it.

If Kojima abandons a MGS game, it is not going to be good.

And MGS fans, in general, from what I have seen aren't hyping this. They are waiting for whatever the mainline MGS game(s) are - not this abomination. First, they drop the solid, because nobody but Kojima can keep up with/develop a good enough story in the MGS world.

Then, they rent it out to a second-rate developer (sorry, neither Vanquish nor Bayonetta grabbed me), one who does not deserve the MGS franchise.

And Gray Fox getting sales? No. I am glad that's why you're buying it - you are way too in the weeds for the average video game buyer to even know, let alone consider Mr. Jaeger in their purchasing decision.

I expect mediocre first week sales, and under 1.5 million lifetime, if that high. Multiplat helps, but Koji washed his hands of it, and wouldn't let them keep Solid on it. It's not gonna be a true MGS game, and I could already tell from the demo, the story is gonna be done terribly (gameplay is fine though - not MGS at all however).
---
#40syctheweilderPosted 1/23/2013 9:56:59 PM
If Platinum Games is a second rate developer, then that would have to make Ninja Theory a fourth rate developer; and that's being generous.

Also, what Rising was going to be is irrelavent; what it is going to be is not.