Is new Dante "cool"?

#21Dark_EpathyPosted 1/23/2013 9:57:16 PM
Both versions of the character are cool. With DmC Dante, I like his style--it's a darker, grungier contemporary style. But I'm fond of this game's rather dirty aesthetic in general.

I think "coolness" is a matter of presentation, though, more than anything else. It's how you carry yourself. Both Dantes are pretty chill and confident. That's enough to be cool, in my opinion.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#22mad_hax_manPosted 1/23/2013 11:15:54 PM
Not really.

As a character, it comes off as trying too hard. Its not enough that he's super strong and isn't afraid of demons (and all that jazz), but he's also a rebel! And he has lots of Sex! And He's also hated by fox news! Previous DMC's sold us on Old Dante purely off his fighting abilities and his personality. There wasn't this need to use sex, rebellion and (although it was removed early on) smoking to sell him.

It just comes of as shallow interpretation of whats cool
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#23sjwho2Posted 1/24/2013 2:26:00 AM
I think the problem here is that there are too many kids who haven't seen or understand what a "cool" character is.

I mean lets face it, he has casual sex, smokes, looks like a druggy. Thats the essential 12 year olds version of "cool", as someone who is "rebellious"

But lets be honest, he's a loser. He lives in a trailer, he can't actually come up with a comeback(F*CK YOU), and even virgil/kat seem surprised at how childish and stupid he is.
---------------------

For all points and purposes, he's lame. He performs zero badass stunts in the cutscenes, he isn't witty, he's rather weak looking/acting to begin with, his confidence is shotty at best, and he can't even defend kat from cops, let alone demons.

But hey, I'm not surprised. People like Justin Bieber and all this other crap nowadays.
#24cyan1001Posted 1/24/2013 2:29:56 AM
no hes a loser
#25paranormalistPosted 1/24/2013 2:46:42 AM
Sure he's cool, but way less fun to watch than the old Dante with his corny quips.
---
Because I care.
#26SillySkeletonPosted 1/24/2013 2:50:39 AM
He's pretty cool. Cooler than DMC3 Dante, who was a clown, but not as cool as DMC1 Dante, who was a total boss. (At least up until Mundus)
#27Retroxgamer0Posted 1/24/2013 7:04:53 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/kim_chami/15667349/5743/5743_original.gif

Not in a million years
#28BERZERKER17Posted 1/24/2013 7:19:20 AM
Frost_LASER posted...
He's as cool as the skecthy shaking people that go into the pharmacy and ask for needles

---
R.I.P TimeSplitters 4, R.I.P FreeRadical, 21st December 2008.
#29SSJ_JinPosted 1/24/2013 7:19:22 AM
KaptainK00l posted...
Asellus posted...
He's confident enough to talk **** to a demon many times his size, I think that earns some cool points on its own.

Dante not being impressed by towering hellfiends that look like they could simply step on him has been there since the beginning.

I never said it was anything new. >_>

That's what I was thinking everytime these guys cried about how original Dante did the same thing. Ok? No one said he didn't...

Yup, new Dante is cool.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#30TheRavenPosted 1/24/2013 7:19:52 AM
He is who he is. If you find it cool, great. If not, his character wouldn't really give a ****.