So Hypothetically...(DMC1&3 Spoilers)

#1StrykeBlaydePosted 1/23/2013 8:34:21 PM
Dante's power increases from 3 -> 1 -> 4 -> 2, correct?

At the beginning of DMC3, Vergil is simply stronger than Dante, due to Dante not even having Devil Trigger yet. The second battle, after Dante gets Nevan and Quicksilver(Vegil only gets Beowulf), they stalemate. Their third battle, Dante wins. Soon after, Vergil is beaten by Mundus and enslaved.

Here's what I'm wondering. The shift from 3 to 1 is an undetermined amount of time, from what I understand. While Dante could have only gotten stronger, he could have also never really been challenged. The later would mean he would essentially remain as strong as he was at the end of 3, or perhaps even grown a little weaker.

So in DMC1, Nelo Angelo soundly defeated Dante, and would have killed him if not for the amulet jogging his memories. Their second match has Dante winning, with their third having Dante winning yet again, even though Vergil powered up.

At the end of DMC3, Dante soundly defeated Vergil, yet Nelo Angelo soundly beat Dante in DMC1. Would this be Dante not being challenged enough and staying at end-of-3's power(or being even weaker), or Mundus(while having complete control over Vergil) giving Nelo Angelo a large amount of power to defeat Dante? Maybe once the amulet jogged his memories, Mundus didn't trust Nelo Angelo as much and took some of the power away(hence the second match having him beat).

Or rather, let's return to DMC3. Vergil spends a good chunk of the game not even fighting(we can assume he starts fighting after Ch.13), only really fighting Dante and 'fighting' Beowulf, while Dante was constantly getting stronger and stronger. Even so, he stalemates with Dante during their second fight, only to be beaten on their third. Is it safe to assume that Vergil has always been the stronger sibling, and would have remained so had he fought as much as Dante?
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Captain of TheoryFAQs
#2StrykeBlayde(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 10:29:40 PM
No one? ;3;
---
Captain of TheoryFAQs
#3Orange00Posted 1/23/2013 10:35:03 PM
Why are stuff like this measured with some random ppwer levels every time it's about games or anime?

maybe dante just had a weak moment when he lost to nelo angelo? It happens in real life.

how does it go anyway? If your power level is higher than your oppenents, it's an instant win?
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#4revanninjaPosted 1/23/2013 10:40:14 PM
Nope They are equal is minute things that change the outcome.
In DMC 3 Vergil won because he was both just resting on the top and had a DT while Dante had to fight to the top, The second time It was draw because of Arkaham its unknown who would have won, the final fight Dante and Vergil had both been fighting and now had a DT Dante won because he had the more clear desire then Vergil.

In DMC1 Nelo angelo is both stronger then Vergil but also weaker. He is physically stronger but less able to think. In the first fight it was a simiple block that gave Nelo the advantage and the necklace is what saved him, The second one was in Dante's favor but just barely. and the final fight ended in Dante's favor because on some level he was fighting Mundus control.

Vergil and Dante are neither Stronger or weaker then each other they are just a balance of each others powers.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#5Hades192Posted 1/23/2013 10:43:51 PM
Orange00 posted...
Why are stuff like this measured with some random ppwer levels every time it's about games or anime?

maybe dante just had a weak moment when he lost to nelo angelo? It happens in real life.

how does it go anyway? If your power level is higher than your oppenents, it's an instant win?

Negative; watch RockyIV!
#6Kurobuki12Posted 1/23/2013 10:54:41 PM
Rocky IV was some BS as an example though.
Dolph's real punch got Stallone reeling for a while.
---
"My Hyper Weapon!"
Gamertag:L0v3rM4n
#7Dr3adn0ugh7Posted 1/23/2013 11:33:36 PM
I thought Vergil's one unique cutscene in DMC3 special edition implied he was also fighting demons inside of the tower.

Arkham also went on about how he was actively trying to tire out Dante and Vergil. I think it is safe to assume that Vergil was also fighting and styling on enemies inside of the tower, as well as killing any worthless minion.
#8antking61Posted 1/24/2013 12:18:46 AM
Kurobuki12 posted...
Rocky IV was some BS

>:- (
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#9trueOgre_KillerPosted 1/24/2013 12:49:45 AM(edited)
TC, it's kind of hard to compare them that way. Nelo Angelo was a a demon/demonic shell that contained Vergil's soul. He wasn't Vergil literally.
---
Supernova is not an illusion.
#10StrykeBlayde(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:58:50 AM
trueOgre_Killer posted...
TC, it's kind of hard to compare them that way. Nelo Angelo was a a demon/demonic shell that contained Vergil's soul. He wasn't Vergil literally.

Looks like mind-controlled Vergil wearing Mundus' chosen armor and using Mundus' chosen sword. If it wasn't Vergil's literal body, he probably wouldn't have had his amulet.
---
Captain of TheoryFAQs