So let's say you're a new member of the Order, fighting the good fight.

#441EE4UPosted 4/4/2013 1:00:26 PM
Ah, in terms of upgrades/power ups I would propose a type of body enhancement being our first priority. I was thinking along the lines of a sigil that for a time if activated with demonic energy would give us an offense boost like we were possessed by a demon/angel and if activated with angelic energy would speed up our body's natural recovery along with boosting our immune system. I haven't been able to think up what neutral(ic?) energy activation does yet however... What sort of offensive magic could possible be more first priority material than that I wonder?
---
"Never give up, not till you wear the sky of the universe as your cape!"
-Atou A. Mahogany
#442Orange00Posted 4/4/2013 9:21:53 PM
last time against a possesed human(s), we were struggling with firearms only. Lucky we even survived that. So at some point we're gonna run into a demon, what then? somekind of offensive magic is a must, well also we know better to bring some grenades with us for the next time.

i was thinking of more traditional magic, like some fireballs or something lol, but since it was said that sigils cannot produce such results, it's gonna be a distant dream to get something like a devil arm. Your idea sounds a lot more reasonable and something sigils could actually do. Getting similar powers to a possesed human would at least even our odds against them.

so yea i agree with your proposal :)
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#443GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 1:51:52 AM
Well, now that you're fully re-geared, it's about time you-

Your stomach growls.

Oh, yeah. You need food to live. You forgot about that. You'd rub your stomach, but then again, you've got your body armor in the way. And you haven't had caffeine for over twenty four hours- that's a medical emergency if you've ever heard of one!

You roll your shoulder joints. Still feel sore, and probably will be for a few more days. Christ, between the frailty of this flesh and bone, and the need to keep it fueled all the time... what an inconvenience. Oh well- you're only human.

You walk your way up towards the mess hall. It's located on one of the higher floors, pretty close to the infirmary, actually. You push open the doubles doors, and find the mess hall oddly populated. This place is a lot like the barracks- people just eat when they want, no real schedule or anything.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2794/4361222634_b947213300_b.jpg

Though Vergil would prefer it called the dining hall, or something refined like that. But given that all the tables and stools and stuff in here were cannibalized out of prison and hospital facilities, it ain't exactly five-star.

But the chefs are another thing entirely. Vergil is... a man of taste, you guess. Literally. So he went out of his way to recruit master-level sushi chefs into the Order. Despite always talking about "making sacrifices", he sure as hell ain't when it comes to his palette. Hell, the demand for fresh ingredients is one of the highest costing parts of the Order, right below alchemical reagents and military ordnance.

You walk up the counter and nod to one of the chefs. They nod back, and one of them slides an old-fashioned stone sushi plate forward. You don't ask- you get what you get. Price of a master, you guess. But you can't complain. You grab a cup of Colombian triple espresso while you're at it. Vergil doesn't even drink coffee, but he'll be damned if anyone consumes the cheap stuff under his command.

Finding a quiet corner away from the other members of the Order, you set your stone tray down and have a seat.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6239/6224909335_128b72dbcc_b.jpg

You gaze down at the contents- what appears to be... well, rice and seaweed. The rest is incomprehensible to you. You think that other stuff is blowfish, and over on the side is... some mushroom-like fungus. Two eggs have been broken over it, giving the impression that your food is staring up at you with two giant blank yellow eyes. And there's a giant wasabi root just sitting in the middle of it.

... But s***, you don't care, because it tastes so f***ing good. You eat that Goddamn stuff like it's your last Goddamn meal. Chopsticks? Man f*** it, you use a fork because you ain't got time. That s*** goes in your mouth and will never be seen again.

You wipe your mouth on your sleeve, drop off the stone plate-thing on the counter, and briskly leave, drinking your coffee. You try not to make eye contact with any of the other Order members in the mess hall- you just... don't get along with them. They're all so bright-eyed and overoptimstic, it's like they've never read a Goddamn history book before.

... Then again, here you are, so you ain't one to judge, you think to yourself dryly.

Now full of calories and caffeine and possibly pufferfish poison, you set off to the training rooms. You technically shouldn't train on a full stomach, but one of the things Anthony drilled into your head is to train when you aren't at your full potential, because realistically, if you get ambushed, you won't be. Train to fight when you're tired, weak, dehydrated- because it'll happen.
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#444GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 1:55:24 AM(edited)
After descending a few flights of stairs, you slide open the doors to the training yard.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2776/4047713072_d052619ff0_o.jpg

Well... training yard isn't exactly the right term, but it's the one everyone agrees on. Dojo-rock garden-koi pond-Shinto shrine doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, human or otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwKDfySG0Zw

As you walk in, Dick is doing handstand push ups on a rock, blasting his ridiculous workout music. Not really a surprise. Part of his routine- 100 handstand push ups, 100 hanging sit ups, 100 chin ups. All while strapped with weights.

He then repeats this process ten times a day.

"Sup, bro," he says, slightly out of breath as he hops to his feet. Covered in sweat, his blue flame tattoos seem to glisten eerily. "Have a nice nap? Down for a scrap?"

"You bet your ass." You unclasp your holster and armor, dropping them off by the wayside.

Alright, time to kick some ass. What sparring method shall you and Dick take?

A. Hand to hand. Foot to foot. MANO O MANO
B. Combat knives [electrified and plastic]. In this business, people have an odd tendency to get stabbed.
C. Pistols [electrified vest + laser tag style]. A little gun kata goes a long way.
D. Push up contest. Because you can.
F. Riot shields and stun batons. Gladiator style.

Whichever option you choose, detail your plan of attack!
---
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Khalil Gibran
#445GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 1:53:36 AM
Sorry about the wait.
---
#446malicemizerfanPosted 4/5/2013 8:04:11 AM
my suggestion would be knives or pistols. we've got hand to hand covered, but you can never be too good with a knife or pistol when it comes down to a fight.

so... I'm saying B, then C if there is still time before whatever else we have to do.

Also, its a good story and well worth the wait.
---
Ah, beef jerky. Manliest of all snack foods!
#447GrrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 12:41:20 AM
If there's a combination I missed, let me know.
---
#448EE4UPosted 4/6/2013 2:09:56 AM
A

Focus on dodging and parrying until openings pop up to attack and whittle Dick down little by little. Some one with as big an ego as Dick is bound to show off and leave big openings in his defense, when he does that's our chance to attack the big target presented to us. This is a fight of endurance so don't do anything that would leave us open to a major blow just because we may get in one good hit. Dick may just decide to leave himself open for an attack to get us with an even better one and we wouldn't want that to happen.
---
"Never give up, not till you wear the sky of the universe as your cape!"
-Atou A. Mahogany
#449Ultrakill876xPosted 4/6/2013 9:06:50 AM
EE4U posted...
A

Focus on dodging and parrying until openings pop up to attack and whittle Dick down little by little. Some one with as big an ego as Dick is bound to show off and leave big openings in his defense, when he does that's our chance to attack the big target presented to us. This is a fight of endurance so don't do anything that would leave us open to a major blow just because we may get in one good hit. Dick may just decide to leave himself open for an attack to get us with an even better one and we wouldn't want that to happen.

If I may piggyback on EE4U's choice, I agree. Lets start with A, going along with what EE4U said, then transition into B, because while you are good at what you do, being able to switch from hand to hand or gun to gun to a different method of fighting on-the-spot is key, making sure your opponent is kept on their feet while you whittle away at their defenses until you find an opening. Afterwards, because your adrenaline is pumping, do choice D, while talking in an overly-airheaded muscle manner, just for teh lulz. Then I think you'll be good at this point
---
"I absolve you of all of your sins, now get the **** out"<-----------Machete
Xbox live GT: King Kickass99
#450malicemizerfanPosted 4/6/2013 12:00:32 PM
judging by his vigourous upper body workout and choice of melee weapon(weighted gloves), he is likely some kind of boxer, won't leave many openings for solid blows to the upper body but you can easily take them down with blows to the legs.

my suggested strategy for Path A(not the one I chose, as unarmed combat against that last demon went poorly, remember?) is to keep on the defensive, and focus on taking his legs out from under him when he pulls back(even when pushing the advantage, most boxing styles end up with a break where they fall back for a moment to reset their footing for maximum power), distract with high blows then hammer with a low kick or shin rake. finish with an axe kick when he goes down(since this is just training, just direct it off to the side, we don't want to kill him, right?)
---
Ah, beef jerky. Manliest of all snack foods!