connection between Dmc 3 to dmc 1 and 4

#1shiffty88Posted 1/23/2013 9:38:51 PM
well we all know Dmc 3's story takes place before dmc 1

what I want to know though, if Dante gets his sword (transformed) and devil powers in the first quarter of dmc3 then why is he has no memory and has not got his sword and devil powers at the start of the first game until a bit later on where the same sequence of him getting impaled by his sword?

and then again for the little bit we see him at the start of dmc4 he doesn't have any memory of having demon powers until he gets stabbed once again by his sword?

it's like his demon powers always need a jump start at the start of each game for them to be used but it never explains why he keeps looking then :S

I came remember dmc2 much but I think his demon powers where based on devil cores in that game
---
PSN : shiffty88
XBL / STEAM / ORIGIN : jamierawr88
#2BillysanPosted 1/23/2013 9:42:08 PM(edited)
Apparently Dante needs devil arms for his DT. His Rebellion either holds his own demonic power or some other demon which he uses to transform

DMC1 Dante starts with Force Edge which has it's power sealed.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#3revanninjaPosted 1/23/2013 9:41:56 PM
Okay......DMC4 he knew about his powers Nero didnt
DMC3 he didnt know about his powers
DMC1 he was using force edge to try to draw out Sparda's power when He got Alastor it let him use DT.
DMC2 he used an amulet.

Dante needs a trigger or object to get his DT either Rebellion or another Devil Arms.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#4QCTeamkillPosted 1/23/2013 9:46:31 PM
That's the magic of making prequels.

Hey if you try to put DmC right before DMC3 it kinda fits too.

DMC3 starts a year after (or 3?) the brothers last met Dante is already at war with Vergil.
#5shiffty88(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:47:44 PM
ah I see, so it's more based on the devil arms / amulets which gives him the devil powers then and actual ability with in him self. That makes sense then.

but isn't the sword Dante uses in dmc 4 the rebellion too, the same as in dmc3 or is it more of a he has to "apply" the power from the DA each time he switches from a different method? (Alistair, amulets)
---
#6BillysanPosted 1/23/2013 9:50:02 PM
QCTeamkill posted...

DMC3 starts a year after (or 3?) the brothers last met Dante is already at war with Vergil.

Different origins. Dante and Vergil are angel demons hybrids.

Sparda is a whimp.

Vergil isn't trying to take over the world Also DmC Vergil already goes to hell.

Mundus is dead and already meet the sons of Sparda.

Dante has a slow mo DT.

No Kat girlfriend.
---
#7BillysanPosted 1/23/2013 9:51:20 PM
shiffty88 posted...
ah I see, so it's more based on the devil arms / amulets which gives him the devil powers then and actual ability with in him self. That makes sense then.

but isn't the sword Dante uses in dmc 4 the rebellion too, the same as in dmc3 or is it more of a he has to "apply" the power from the DA each time he switches from a different method? (Alistair, amulets)

Dante starts with a DT in DMC4.
---
#8shiffty88(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 9:51:38 PM
QCTeamkill posted...

true but dmc3 special edition ending kind of explains why Vergil is wearing the black armor in dmc1

and if I remember correctly you end up killing him in the first one or vanquishing him as he doesn't appear in the 4th one (only in thought)
---
#9QCTeamkillPosted 1/23/2013 9:58:58 PM
Billysan posted...
QCTeamkill posted...

Different origins. Dante and Vergil are angel demons hybrids.

Sparda is a whimp.

Vergil isn't trying to take over the world Also DmC Vergil already goes to hell.

Mundus is dead and already meet the sons of Sparda.

Dante has a slow mo DT.

No Kat girlfriend.

She's not even his girlfriend, and with the Vergil chronicles trailer she's more likely into Vergil.

But yeah it's a reboot not a prequel (thus the 'kinda fits') and mundus is DMC1 so no relation to my earlier post.

All i saw is Vergil taking a portal. You're referring to Vergil's downfall when you say goes to hell? I haven't played it yet.
#10Dark_EpathyPosted 1/23/2013 9:59:53 PM
but isn't the sword Dante uses in dmc 4 the rebellion too

Like someone mentioned, Dante begins with a Devil Trigger in DMC4.

If you pay close attention to his "awakening" scene in DMC3, you'll notice the Rebellion's hilt change. From that point onward, he was able to Devil Trigger using it.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa