I just noticed, did they even actually SAY DMC4 takes place before 2?

#11m100t1sPosted 1/24/2013 6:16:37 AM
DahlVaughnni posted...
3 1 4 2

Don't question it, just obey.

lol have you played MGR demo?
#12Pesmerga255Posted 1/24/2013 6:17:30 AM
m100t1s posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...
3 1 4 2

I have. It's nothing like DMC/DmC. It has more similarities to Ninja Gaiden.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#13m100t1sPosted 1/24/2013 6:22:57 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
m100t1s posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...
3 1 4 2

I have. It's nothing like DMC/DmC. It has more similarities to Ninja Gaiden.

Yeah, Agree. I don't know why the hell people calls MGR the true DMC5?
If there's a game that needs to be called a true DMC5 it will be either Bayo 1 or 2.

Also, The game is pretty easy, Once you learn how to parry (Which won't take that long) And using Blade Mode on every enemy. You'll never die.

Also you can spam the same attacks on the boss without getting damaged . Also, the boss doesn't attack you at all once you start spamming attacks on him.
enemies AI is STUPID.

But still a fun game, I enjoyed cutting everything into slices of pizza and using Blade Mode.
#14Pesmerga255Posted 1/24/2013 6:26:33 AM
The other bosses look like they'll be a lot tougher to deal with. Take Monsoon for example, he seems to be completely immune to Blade Mode.

I'm just looking forward to using the Gray Fox outfit.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#15m100t1sPosted 1/24/2013 6:34:35 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
The other bosses look like they'll be a lot tougher to deal with. Take Monsoon for example, he seems to be completely immune to Blade Mode.

I'm just looking forward to using the Gray Fox outfit.

Yeah, That weird red boss looks pretty tough tbh.

I'll use MGS4 Raiden outfit once I get the game.
Raiden's outfit in the demo looks pretty lame, I hope MGS4 outfit unlocks after the first mission.
#16dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:38:03 AM
D_Revolution posted...
I remember at a convention, Rueben langdon (Dante's mocap and VA in 3 and 4) along with Johnny Bosch (Nero's VA and mocap) said that capcom told them to ignore DMC2 and think as if it never happened at all

That bothers me... Horrible or not, DMC2 was still canon, they should at least respect what happens and not just magically ignore the events as if Dante didn't get stuck in the Demon World...
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#17Ether101Posted 1/24/2013 6:52:32 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Ether101 posted...
DMC4 takes place a year after DMC1 and a couple of months after the last episode of the anime. When exactly would DMC2 fit in there?

When did they say that DMC4 takes place a year after DMC1 and months after TAS? And the events in DMC2 only took about one night IIRC, it wouldn't be unimaginable if it took place within those few months between the anime and DMC4

They made mention of it a couple of times.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#18SinisterSamuraiPosted 1/24/2013 7:04:33 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
D_Revolution posted...
I remember at a convention, Rueben langdon (Dante's mocap and VA in 3 and 4) along with Johnny Bosch (Nero's VA and mocap) said that capcom told them to ignore DMC2 and think as if it never happened at all

That bothers me... Horrible or not, DMC2 was still canon, they should at least respect what happens and not just magically ignore the events as if Dante didn't get stuck in the Demon World...

If DMC2 happens several years after DMC4, why would you want your DMC4 voice actors to look at it? "When delivering this line, I want you to recall all the emotions you will feel several years in the future." It's unnecessary data for them to build a character around. Not that character building is Devil May Cry's strong point.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#19_Uwye_Posted 1/24/2013 9:20:12 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Because for all we know it could have taken place after 2 and Capcom just expected us to know he escaped from the demon world...

DMC2 was retconned into being the last story in the timeline. Every new game in the OG universe will always take place before DMC2.

I guess thay found it a better solution than making it outright non-canon.
#20SilentS89Posted 1/24/2013 9:26:16 AM
I don't know why people act like DMC2 is some big stumbling block.

Nothing that important happens in it. It is just another job for Dante, it isn't like it killed off crucial characters or altered Dante in a significant way (aside from presentation).

I keep hearing people talk about how Dante rides into hell, well, Dante visits hell (relatively) often. I don't think that trip is any more special than any other trip.

DMC2 isn't really that damaging to the plot.