I just noticed, did they even actually SAY DMC4 takes place before 2?

#21dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:32:28 AM
SilentS89 posted...
I don't know why people act like DMC2 is some big stumbling block.

Nothing that important happens in it. It is just another job for Dante, it isn't like it killed off crucial characters or altered Dante in a significant way (aside from presentation).

I keep hearing people talk about how Dante rides into hell, well, Dante visits hell (relatively) often. I don't think that trip is any more special than any other trip.

DMC2 isn't really that damaging to the plot.

Because all the other times he went in, the way back was always explained. In DMC, when he goes to the demon world and back, it was because he had opened up a portal using the philosopher's stone. In DMC3, he had Force Edge with him, which was the key to the Demon World.

I think Capcom just doesn't want to end the cliffhanger that was the Ending of DMC2.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#22SSJ_JinPosted 1/24/2013 9:46:46 AM
DMC2 is canon, when you install DMC4 it goes through the DMC timeline and DMC2 is one of them.

And Capcom shouldn't worry so much about Dante's attitude in DMC2. If it were up to me I'd just say he had stomache pain the whole game from a bad pizza he ate. So then one of the gimmicks in DMC5 or whatever number is that he's trying to get pay back at the guy who delivered him it. So like you'll see him different times during the game and Dante wants to give him a piece of his mind or something.

Problem solved.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#23SilentS89Posted 1/24/2013 9:47:20 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
DMC2 is canon, when you install DMC4 it goes through the DMC timeline and DMC2 is one of them.

And Capcom shouldn't worry so much about Dante's attitude in DMC2. If it were up to me I'd just say he had stomache pain the whole game from a bad pizza he ate. So then one of the gimmicks in DMC5 or whatever number is that he's trying to get pay back at the guy who delivered him it. So like you'll see him different times during the game and Dante wants to give him a piece of his mind or something.

Problem solved.

I approve.
#24TentionPosted 1/24/2013 9:49:40 AM
I would like to see some sobering events leading UP to DMC2. then maybe we'd have a good explanation for why Dante was so stoic in that one. maybe **** got real, lives were lost...etc. I will say that Dante looked the most badass in 2.

either that, or ignore 2 completely : )
---
my game collection:
http://www.gamespot.com/users/Tention/games_table?mode=own
#25superbowl54Posted 1/24/2013 9:50:26 AM
m100t1s posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
m100t1s posted...
D_Revolution posted...
I remember at a convention, Rueben langdon (Dante's mocap and VA in 3 and 4) along with Johnny Bosch (Nero's VA and mocap) said that capcom told them to ignore DMC2 and think as if it never happened at all

Poor DMC2, I hope this don't happen to DmC.

It probably will if they go back to DMC at some point, which seems more likely than a DmC sequel at the moment.

It would be funny if Capcom told Dante and Nero's voice actors to ignore DmC Dante's persona while voice acting DMC5 characters.

would be even funnier if there's never a DMC5 and DmC just continues it's own series. The fanboys crying would be hilarious
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#26darkdragon_9600Posted 1/24/2013 9:52:30 AM
What if DmC is canon to the old universe and Dante was stoic because people didn't like his humor in 3 and 4?

Oohh, I feel like M. Night Shyamalalalalan!
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#27SilentS89Posted 1/24/2013 9:54:15 AM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
What if DmC is canon to the old universe and Dante was stoic because people didn't like his humor in 3 and 4?

Not sure how this
What if DmC is canon to the old universe
and this
Dante was stoic because people didn't like his humor in 3 and 4?
relate
#28darkdragon_9600Posted 1/24/2013 9:55:36 AM

Not sure how this
What if DmC is canon to the old universe
and this
Dante was stoic because people didn't like his humor in 3 and 4?
relate

Shyamalalalaness, bro. Didn't you learn anything from TamTam? NEEDS TO BE SOCIALLY RELEVANT!
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#29SinisterSamuraiPosted 1/25/2013 10:56:15 AM

Oohh, I feel like M. Night Shyamalalalalan!

What, you mean like DmC -> DMC 3 -> DMC?
And somewhere along the way he forgets that he's half angel and then he has to beat Mundus a second time in a decade?
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#30ShengaliPosted 1/27/2013 10:54:30 PM
Tention posted...
I would like to see some sobering events leading UP to DMC2. then maybe we'd have a good explanation for why Dante was so stoic in that one. maybe **** got real, lives were lost...etc. I will say that Dante looked the most badass in 2.

either that, or ignore 2 completely : )

Exactly.

I still like my idea, but I say it so often...

...You know what, threads move along so fast sometimes. Basically they do what you're saying and some of the events are: DB separates from Nero (don't care/haven't thought out if it would just be gone; it's own entity; or play into Vergil reincarnation); Kyrie dies - then DMC2. We find out DMC2 Dante is actually Nero in costume because real Dante is busy. His somber attitude is explained. His coin fetish has a chance to be explained. The dramatic change in the DT can be explained.

This would also make it possible, in future installments, to explore the DT system from DMC2. I didn't like the implementation, but I thought the idea had potential. Plus, it would further separate Nero's game/style/character from Dante's. Besides, Nero would need a new DT after being separated from the DB, that would be an excellent chance.

In fact, loosing the gauntlet can be part of Vergil reincarnation now that I'm thinking about it. Go back to the original concept for DMC4, which had Dante lost within a berserk super DT form, but it happens with Nero. His avatar already looks like Vergil's anyway. Dante can be trying to stop him and along the way they can give us glimpses into Nero's past, explaining exactly what happened (and how it relates to the berserk DT & Vergil's resurrection). Maybe even have Nero, in his berserk DT, be the one to kill Kyrie.

There, there's the story for DMC5. To follow that up with DMC2, show a secret ending (of course, unlocked during credits ala Vergil Vs Mundus in DMC3) where Nero's mind is so fractured/guilty/grieving after what he's done he loses his identity and thinks he's the one person he looks up to: Dante. However, he still has no confidence in himself so he has to flip a coin - two sided, because Dante always ends up doing the right thing.

Now we can have a DMC finally set chronologically after DMC2, as well as implement multiple characters with their own unique stories and play styles. But, you know, better than DMC2 did.