I am Going to Regret this I Know It (In Regards to the Story)

#1Ryu2388Posted 1/24/2013 10:58:23 AM
I will admit that I have not played the game yet, but I did watch a few of the cut-scenes on youtube. I watched a series of sequential cut-scenes that really showed off the vulgar dialogue and the whole idea of how the Devil (essentially he is the Devil) is using corporate greed to take over the world. After watching about ten minutes worth of scenes, I have come to the conclusion that I actually like what the game is trying to go for: showing the world in a light that is very close to our own.

Everyday there is something news related about how evil we are as humans and how this and that are staples of sin and filth. This game, to me, just pulled the rose tinted glasses off to give us a glimpse of how we actually are. We, as a whole in America, have become more lax with vulgarness, sex, and embracing taboo things (as seen in the movies we make and other forms of media). Well, that is how quite a few people view our society. Regardless though, you can see where the inspiration came from.

As far as Dante's character goes, I am torn. I feel that he is young, reckless, and brash; showing that he too is a part of the filth even though he is trying not to be. I do not want to watch any more, because I think that I may pick the game up at a later time, but, I do hear that he comes around and starts caring more about how he is as a person. As far as comparing him to the original Dante, I see a more amped up version of how he was portrayed: as a badass! This Dante fits better with the world he is in, where as the other one, while still badass, would be a little out of place. So he may not be the Dante we want, but he is the Dante that is needed for this story. Like I said though, ultimately, I cannot say much about it.
#2sworderPosted 1/24/2013 11:01:47 AM
this game has more bad lines than any game in the history of video games
#3hoagie727Posted 1/24/2013 11:02:14 AM
Spolers below...

Although there are several scenes where the dialog is horrible I agree that overall the story is above par compared to past DMC games.

For example I actually felt feelings when Kat was taken away and when Vergil murdered Mundus's baby and woman.

I never really cared about the past stories at all but I actually liked Kat and did not like Vergil by the end of the game which says something.
#4DJ_0000Posted 1/24/2013 11:02:51 AM
I like the story as well. Prepare to get a bunch of posts about how it sucks because it's not anime.
#5revanninjaPosted 1/24/2013 11:03:35 AM
sworder posted...
this game has more bad lines than any game in the history of video games

Have you played Legend of legia 2? or DMC2?

I love when people say its the worst because I can always pull out a worse one. Its not a 10/10 game but it is a 7-8/10 game
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#6sworderPosted 1/24/2013 11:05:06 AM
hoagie727 posted...
Vergil murdered Mundus's baby and woman.

So you feel bad about killing demons that, you know, tried to kill them?

This game is obviously promoting the wrong message.

revanninja posted...

I love when people say its the worst because I can always pull out a worse one. Its not a 10/10 game but it is a 7-8/10 game

I have not played Legend of Legia 2 but this game has more bad lines than DMC2 has lines in total.
#7ColonelChikenPosted 1/24/2013 11:05:43 AM
DJ_0000 posted...
I like the story as well. Prepare to get a bunch of posts about how it sucks because it's not anime.

Why are you starting s***?
#8revanninjaPosted 1/24/2013 11:08:32 AM
sworder posted...
hoagie727 posted...
Vergil murdered Mundus's baby and woman.

So you feel bad about killing demons that, you know, tried to kill them?

This game is obviously promoting the wrong message.

revanninja posted...

I have not played Legend of Legia 2 but this game has more bad lines than DMC2 has lines in total.

Not even close this one actually makes sense and has a plot DMC2 does not.
---
I have an answer to everything whether its a good answer is entirely irrelevant
#9hoagie727Posted 1/24/2013 11:09:17 AM
I didn't feel bad for the demons but I could tell by that act and by how cruel Vergil was being to Kat that he had other agendas and was hiding something.

I started to not like him because he was playing Dante and Kat and I knew it.

But characters did change throughout the game which I liked.

Dante turned from a total D-bag to half cool guy half d-bag.
Kat was the victim and I was concerned for her character at times.
Vergil went from cool guy trying to free humans to Mundus's replacement.
#10Ryu2388(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:12:45 AM
hoagie727 posted...
Spolers below...

Although there are several scenes where the dialog is horrible I agree that overall the story is above par compared to past DMC games.

For example I actually felt feelings when Kat was taken away and when Vergil murdered Mundus's baby and woman.

I never really cared about the past stories at all but I actually liked Kat and did not like Vergil by the end of the game which says something.

I would say that it is more of a story than the other games. I feel that DMC3 made the best attempt at a unique story. Now I do love the original series, but, the story lines were kind of lacking.

I just like how truthful the overall analogy is in this game.