The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

DmC tops charts in Japan too but AGAIN fails to top DMC4

#1AsimLeonheartPosted 1/24/2013 1:02:10 PM
DmC tops sales charts in Japan!! BUT many such articles do not want you to know the full truth. DmC Japanese sales are in and the title barely managed to sell 120,000 unit combined for both platforms as compared to 245,000 units for DMC4. It is worth noting that established bases for PS3 and XBOX360 are much larger in 2013 than 2008. Moreover, the hype, media reception and attention has been much higher as compared to DMC4. This means that the game is an even bigger flop than it initially seems. Here is one of the various links.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dmc/news/dmc_top_in_japan_but_sales_under_half_what_devil_may_cry_4_managed.html
#2Green_PuffPosted 1/24/2013 1:02:29 PM
Vamonos!
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#3Pesmerga255Posted 1/24/2013 1:04:19 PM
I wonder how well DmC would do if it was to come out in February or March when it actually has some competition.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#4AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:06:29 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
I wonder how well DmC would do if it was to come out in February or March when it actually has some competition.

Now, that would have been a massacre. LOL!
#5ShadowZero007Posted 1/24/2013 1:16:19 PM(edited)
Isn't Japan's gaming economy shrinking on consoles?
It seems to me like it's being played up by people making DmC to look like it's doing worse than it is. It did choose a good time for release with not a whole lot of competition, but it's still at the top of Japan's and the UK's charts.

Not to mention DMC4 being released at the advent (or at least closer) to the beginning of the lifespan of the PS3 and Xbox360 and served as a next gen taste of the genre and series. It was also riding off the hype of DMC3; which was far more well received than 4; a lot of people were off put by DMC4 though from how people kiss up to it now you'd have never guessed. Not to mention first time DMC went multiplatform (Which caused a minor outcry but that was pretty small and not very long lived.) DmC's somewhat long development time and early announcement also served to undermine it a bit.

And as I mentioned; the economy was perhaps a little healthier, and the gaming market in Japan wasn't as handheld centric at that point in time. All things considered I'd say DmC is actually doing pretty well, just not quite as stellar as Capcom probably hoped. Depending on word of mouth it might just reach that 2mil mark it was striving for.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#6Ibuki_LordPosted 1/24/2013 1:11:14 PM
Probably because people got burned buying DMC4 and where upset with the game overall. Reckon DmC would of done the same if it was the first DMC on next gen.

Similar thung with what happened with me and Darksiders 1 and 2, 1st was crap stayed away from the 2nd.
---
PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord
#7SpacePirateSealPosted 1/24/2013 1:13:07 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

This is what people are apparently choosing to ignore.
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#8darkdragon_9600Posted 1/24/2013 1:15:12 PM
Probably because people got burned buying DMC4 and where upset with the game overall. Reckon DmC would of done the same if it was the first DMC on next gen.

Similar thung with what happened with me and Darksiders 1 and 2, 1st was crap stayed away from the 2nd.

Bad logic. This is a reboot and a new studio, which should bring back interest. Not to mention it's supposed to attract new players and the user base is much bigger.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#9Ibuki_LordPosted 1/24/2013 1:18:52 PM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
<
Bad logic. This is a reboot and a new studio, which should bring back interest. Not to mention it's supposed to attract new players and the user base is much bigger.

Even worse logic, reboots rarely get people excited or wanting more of the game. Reboots bring a rather large amount of critics and negativity.
---
PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord
#10Hades192Posted 1/24/2013 1:19:48 PM
I bought DmC because I was bored with my collection and really wanted to judge the game for myself. I liked Heavenly Sword and took a chance knowing that it wouldn't completely satisfy my DMC craving and I got what I expected from DmC.

Once DMC4 was release is when I bought my first PS3. DMC4 was enough for me to purchase a $400 system. DMC4 was not at all a disappointment because it was the first attempt on a new system and the gameplay is still on point ; DMC4 and HD are my most played games.

I won't buy a next generation console until it gets a new DMC; DmC won't cut it.