every now and then, people post DmC > DMC4

#11docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:09:25 PM(edited)
well, i hope people are trolling about the comparison. DmC feels a bit dated and I think UE had something to do with it. Normally, you expect the next DMC game to be at least (maybe 2x) better than the one before it. It's still kind "weird" to compare them. You like DmC then you like DmC for what it is, but why compare it with DMC4?
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#12wstfldPosted 1/24/2013 3:11:43 PM
Maybe they're not weeabos and are okay with enjoying games not made in Japan.
---
Last Played: Civ 5 G&K (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD
#13WingZero0782Posted 1/24/2013 3:13:11 PM
wstfld posted...

This.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#14docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:15:26 PM
it's very sad if that's the case.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#15Pesmerga255Posted 1/24/2013 3:17:32 PM
wstfld posted...

I'm fine with games that aren't made in Japan, I just don't like bad games that are made by overrated, substandard developers like Ninja Theory.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#16Xtreme65Posted 1/24/2013 3:48:49 PM
For me DmC is better. Now hear me out. I just like playing DmC Dante more than Nero because he has more to play with and no matter how hard you may judge DmC, Dante in DmC has more moves than Nero. Now there is Dante in DMC4 but I really didnt like the Lucifer weapon where I enjoy all the weapons in DmC. So in comparison I used 5 weapons as DMC4 Dante and 8 weapons as DmC Dante. People than bring up the lack of styles in DmC but I only really used swordmaster and trickster and both functions of those styles are applied to DmC Dante. Not saying DMC4 is a bad game by any means but MY preferences are more aimed towards DmC. DMC4 had much better boss fights though.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#17SHMYazooPosted 1/24/2013 3:52:47 PM
Because people have opinions, whether you like it or not, that they'd like to share in the game's message board, the same way people feel the need to say "DMC4 > DmC" or "DMC4 > DMC3" and "DMC3 > DMC4" when DMC4 was released or "DMC2 > DMC1" (yes, people said that) and "DMC1 > DMC2" when DMC2 was released etc.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#18darkslayer001Posted 1/24/2013 3:54:52 PM
objectively speaking DMC4 is better than DmC, but people has different taste and opinion and i can see why many would like DmC over DMC4
#19antking61Posted 1/24/2013 3:56:25 PM
wstfld posted...

It's not about games not being made in Japan. It's about taking the Japanese flair from a Japanese game.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#20xxx000110000111Posted 1/24/2013 4:01:08 PM
I think people know that DMC3 and DMC1 (in that order) are better than DmC, but DMC4 has a lot of problems that brings the overall quality of the game down. It's probably going to be compared to DmC for a long time because both games are a lot closer to one another than DMC2 is to DmC. The fact that both games also came out this generation is probably another factor why this is brought up, especially for those who started the series with DMC4.