DMC4 was better than DMC2, but thats not saying much.

#1DantechanPosted 1/24/2013 4:19:22 PM
-DMC2 had better environments. DMC4 didn't have the hellish places like the other 3 games that came before it.
-DMC4 had lazy recycled areas.
-Dice roll stage was bad and frusterating. If you;re doing it on DMD and H&H, you better have good luck, or have godly skills,
-You fight 4 of the bosses 3 times. Depending on where you land on the dice roll stage, you might have to fight them even more.
-Final boss was pathetic.
-Nero had barely any weapons.
#2wwinterj25Posted 1/24/2013 4:20:54 PM
This may be true but DmC is worse than DMC 4 and by the look of things. That isn't saying much.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#3docman864Posted 1/24/2013 4:23:47 PM(edited)
Nero didn't really that many weapons. The bastard still a beast. Environments in DMC2 were pretty bland to be honest.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#4antking61Posted 1/24/2013 4:24:53 PM
<<<<<<DMC2 had better environments. DMC4 didn't have the hellish places like the other 3 games that came before it.>>>>>>
I dunno. I kinda like a lot of the environments in DMC4 like the castle.

<<<<<<-DMC4 had lazy recycled areas.>>>>>>
Agreed.

<<<<<<-Dice roll stage was bad and frusterating. If you;re doing it on DMD and H&H, you better have good luck, or have godly skills,>>>>>>
The dice thing wasn't hard to predict at all.

<<<<<<-You fight 4 of the bosses 3 times. Depending on where you land on the dice roll stage, you might have to fight them even more.>>>>>>
True but I liked the bosses and you had to do this in the original DMC as well.

<<<<<<-Final boss was pathetic.>>>>>>
Sanctus' final fight is 1 of my favorites in the entire series. I found him fun.

<<<<<<-Nero had barely any weapons.>>>>>>
Dante did.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#5Pesmerga255Posted 1/24/2013 4:28:47 PM
-DMC2 had better environments. DMC4 didn't have the hellish places like the other 3 games that came before it.

DMC2's environments were horribly designed and far too large for no reason.

DMC2 had lazy recycled Lucia missions.

-Dice roll stage was bad and frusterating. If you;re doing it on DMD and H&H, you better have good luck, or have godly skills,

DMC2's bloody palace is frustrating. I hope you have a spare 5+ hours just to go through it.

-You fight 4 of the bosses 3 times. Depending on where you land on the dice roll stage, you might have to fight them even more.

All of the bosses in 2 were terrible, including the last one. All you have to do is shoot at them and dodge occasionally even on DMD.

Addressed in my last comment.

Yet, he had more options in battle than DMC2 Dante and Lucia put together. More weapons =/= plays better.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#6darkdragon_9600Posted 1/24/2013 4:30:35 PM

- DMC2 had bland stages, 4 had more creativity when it comes to "real world" areas. Hellish doesn't make it better.
- DMC2 had them too, see after you rescue Lucia. Or Lucia's game
- Dice roll had an exploit that made it a joke.
- 2 times. If you couldn't exploit the Dice Roll, lol. DMC2 made you face that orangutan 298398239 times.
- Sanctus was a better boss than Vergil and DMC2s combined. The Saviour was a mini-boss at best.
- Dante had one sword with different ranges, and all his weapons and DTs combined + Lucia and still had less moves than Nero.

Not to mention Dante was playable too.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#7boinybunnyPosted 1/24/2013 4:32:47 PM
The dice level requires no luck whatsoever. If you stand next to it and hit it with your devil arm, it will always land on the number that is face up at the instant you hit it. The numbers also follow the same pattern each and every time. So if you want it to land on 6 - hit B (or circle) when the topside has a 6 on it - if you're slow, hit the button on the number before 6 (4 I think?)

Seriously - how can anybody who has played through DMC4 more than once not know that?
#8docman864Posted 1/24/2013 4:33:02 PM
I'm beginning to suspect that people don't really play their DMC games and just make up s**t that they did just like most DmC pros are claiming.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#9mgs4fan540Posted 1/24/2013 4:36:23 PM
boinybunny posted...
The dice level requires no luck whatsoever. If you stand next to it and hit it with your devil arm, it will always land on the number that is face up at the instant you hit it. The numbers also follow the same pattern each and every time. So if you want it to land on 6 - hit B (or circle) when the topside has a 6 on it - if you're slow, hit the button on the number before 6 (4 I think?)

Seriously - how can anybody who has played through DMC4 more than once not know that?

wait wait wait

So if the number on top is a 6, you can devil bringer punch it it becomes a 6 again?

What if you wanted a 4 or something? I'm confused
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#10darkslayer001Posted 1/24/2013 4:40:16 PM(edited)
Dantechan posted...

-taste but general consensus DMC2 sucked in every levels including design (except Dante)
-(2)only flaw i see with the game is being short and recycled mission for Dante
-There is a trick to Dice roll, it is actually a better form of bloody palace if u think about it with no time limit.
-again pt no.2
-Final boss was decent, surely not the best of series but sufficed, again taste
-Nero was a perfect character for new comers and had a complete moveset. again pt no.2