The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

ps3/pc 30fps/60fps comparison vid

#1MasterNejiXPosted 1/24/2013 6:46:06 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/7hwwq5/dmc--devil-may-cry-60fps-comparison

i hope you guys can spot the difference and enlighten me because im having a hard time doing so.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 1/24/2013 6:50:10 PM
I hate the player Gametrailers uses. Why doesn't it let me force it to HD?

The PC version is much, much smoother.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3MasterNejiX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:53:00 PM
idk maybe i have to feel it for myself. besides the ps3 player not being as good, the combat looked to be the same for me on both versions.
#4Aero_SlasherPosted 1/24/2013 6:54:09 PM
You're never going to see them in comparison vids like this properly. The best way is to try out a game that plays at 30FPS, then follow it with one that plays 60FPS. My go-to is SA1 and SA2 on Dreamcast.

Basically, 60FPS will appear a lot more fluid and natural. This is a big point in games that use frame specific extensions for combos, like fighting games or the older DMCs. To the average player, it's a trivial thing. To players that like to kick things up and play the game really hard, it helps master chaining combos or setting up defenses. Royal Guard thrives on nearly frame perfect blocking to get the most out of it.
#5Video_Game_CzarPosted 1/24/2013 6:54:13 PM
Don't these videos have a cut off for frames? It's hard to tell in a crappy video...In person tho, The difference can be spotted right away.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#6Psychochild27Posted 1/24/2013 7:07:38 PM(edited)
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Don't these videos have a cut off for frames? It's hard to tell in a crappy video...In person tho, The difference can be spotted right away.

The video was especially encoded to run at 60 frames for this comparison. Cutscenes do a very poor job of representing it (Especially due to both the really ****** quality which makes finer movements get a bit lost and the way they split the screen with cutscenes right down the middle when characters tend to animate on one side or the other more often than not makes those comparisons a bit useless), but it's night and day in the gameplay segments.
#7Black OutPosted 1/24/2013 7:45:00 PM
Aerial rave is still slower than previous DMCs.
---
The Official Manchester Black of the C&GN Board
"Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. . . "
#8OhhSnapPosted 1/24/2013 7:52:41 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I too cannot see a SIGNIFICANT difference between the two. There may be some SLIIIGHT difference but I can only really kinda tell from watching very... VERY closely and intently.

I don't think FPS is any big deal in any game really, I've seen all these comparison videos for other games and personally I could care less if it's slower or faster by like less than half a second.. Buuut, that's just me.

Why people make a huge deal out of ''FPS'' I will sadly never understand, not really against FPS complaints but hey, it aint affecting me, so it's not my problem. haha.
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
#9produnerPosted 1/24/2013 8:01:26 PM
That video wasn't even running on 60 fps to compare.
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_devil_may_cry_pc_gameplay_1-29276_en.html

Deluded people are deluded.
#10USFPosted 1/24/2013 8:10:25 PM
OhhSnap posted...
I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I too cannot see a SIGNIFICANT difference between the two. There may be some SLIIIGHT difference but I can only really kinda tell from watching very... VERY closely and intently.

I don't think FPS is any big deal in any game really, I've seen all these comparison videos for other games and personally I could care less if it's slower or faster by like less than half a second.. Buuut, that's just me.

Why people make a huge deal out of ''FPS'' I will sadly never understand, not really against FPS complaints but hey, it aint affecting me, so it's not my problem. haha.

Never played on a gaming PC huh? Running games at higher FPS is quite big. I don't understand how people can't see the difference, awful vision maybe. Watching the same game being played at 30 FPS and 60 FPS is marginal and so easy to see. It's even easier to see when you play it yourself.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 3, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.