Let's talk about DMC2. How could they **** up that bad?

#21Lt_QuattroPosted 1/25/2013 12:56:55 AM
thw best part...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Y8WhHG6O0

dmc2 lacked was 'story and gameplay'

but......this is how i see DMC2. a game that is nothing to do with dante's life story,
if you think about it dante is a 'Demon/Devil Hunter' his day to day job is hunting demons.

so this game dante is doing his daily job. keeping earth safe and was hired by lucia.
Dante Just cleaning out areas of demons and never getting payed. :P
thats why i don't think this game is bad.
---
PSN I.D : Desi-GuNDaM
#22_Uwye_Posted 1/25/2013 1:13:37 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
How is it possible they could make every single aspect worse than the first game? It doesn't make sense.

Capcom started the DMC2 project when the first game wasn't complete yet. They took an unrelated action game and told them to transform it into a DMC game. After a few months the director resigned or the higher ups decided to switch him because things weren't looking good (don't remember which one right now). Itsuno was brought on board to try to salvage the game but instead of restarting the whole thing or at least giving him more time he had barely one year to fix what he could.

And people wonder why they rebooted the series even though it makes no sense.

SHMYazoo posted...
Loshadt posted...
It was the foundation from which 3 and 4 were made. In my book that makes it just fine by me.

What did it do to influence DMC3 and 4? The twosome time and wall running?

-Real time weapon switching
-Proto "styles"
-Bloody palace
#23sarris98Posted 1/25/2013 1:29:58 AM
^Also it was the whole base upon which DMC3 and 4 were built upon,as it featured a base better suited for the 2D fighting game mechanics than DMC1's altered RE engine.And it is actually even stranger :

At first Capcom wanted them to make an action game and a new RE game.The action game was to be DMC and the RE to be RE4...guess what got made and what got left to be the disaster known as DMC2.Itsuno being on board was a blessing in disguise,as he knows how to bring the full potential out of something and make it stylishly awesome.
---
Look!A signature!*Runs away!*
<<Karma's a b****!>>Especially true on Gamefaqs! XD
#24EntropyZeroPosted 1/25/2013 1:30:29 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
Detha posted...
They nabbed a fighting game development team to make the sequel based on queries and surveys that asked what fans would like to be different from the original game.

Wide open spaces, better animation, guns more powerful

I don't remember the rest. But whatever the case, it's abhorrent. People say it's a "good game but not a good DMC game". That's a fallacy. No one would spend any time with the game at all if it weren't a DMC game.

Dante had the best outfit in it, Ebony and Ivory looked their coolest, and Desperation Devil Trigger was pretty cool. The animations were pretty good!

I hate that "It's a good game but not a good ______ (insert franchise here) game". If it's good, it's good, if it's not, it's not.

Its all about context.
Its like saying about someone, hey shes a good kid, but shes not a good funny kid.
---
Psn: Squigi Live: oOSquigiOo
"These tears, tears are a gift only humans have"
#25_Uwye_Posted 1/25/2013 1:36:09 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
Detha posted...
They nabbed a fighting game development team to make the sequel based on queries and surveys that asked what fans would like to be different from the original game.

Wide open spaces, better animation, guns more powerful

I don't remember the rest. But whatever the case, it's abhorrent. People say it's a "good game but not a good DMC game". That's a fallacy. No one would spend any time with the game at all if it weren't a DMC game.

Dante had the best outfit in it, Ebony and Ivory looked their coolest, and Desperation Devil Trigger was pretty cool. The animations were pretty good!

I hate that "It's a good game but not a good ______ (insert franchise here) game". If it's good, it's good, if it's not, it's not.

Why? It makes perfect sense.
#26DethaPosted 1/25/2013 1:37:29 AM
It would be like if a series switched genres. Resident Evil 4 is a good action game, but not a good survival horror game.
---
i3 2130 3.4, 8gb 1600, 460 855/2065 http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#27LilRoss2k3Posted 1/25/2013 9:32:28 AM
revanninja posted...
LilRoss2k3 posted...
didn't they switch directors? that's how.

Actually DMC2 was never meant to be a DMC it was orignally meant to be a different game I think it was a beta of Chaos Legion which is why they have a simalir color scheme.

It also had nothing to do with the orignal DMC team at all. They didnt even know about it till last minute.

oh yeah i remember that.
---
PSN ID-SouthShallRise-Check my YouTube for Tekken, SF, CoD, & more.
youtube.com/user/lilross2k6
#28Lioyd_the_heroPosted 1/25/2013 10:14:05 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
How is it possible they could make every single aspect worse than the first game? It doesn't make sense.

The same way they made Dante's chracter so boring in 4 after it was so good in 3
---
PSN howling_red
#29tehXdemiXaznPosted 1/25/2013 10:33:49 AM
SHMYazoo posted...

*looks at DMC *
---
... Nope, it's still the same.
#30Pesmerga255Posted 1/25/2013 10:41:40 AM
Detha posted...
It would be like if a series switched genres. Resident Evil 4 is a good action game, but not a good survival horror game.

That's true.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!