Let's get this out of the way (DmC Sales)

#81mixmariobrossPosted 1/25/2013 2:49:25 PM
Hopefully they make devil may cry 5 the next time, instead of wasting more time with this DmC garbage
---
JUS 0860-0299-0562 /mkwii 4725-8084-3178/SSBB 1590-6171-3928
#82Xtreme65Posted 1/25/2013 2:49:53 PM
They definitely failed to live up to 5 mill thats for sure. The fact that this game is number 1 in two countries though is still a positive statement no matter how you look at it. The game is actually doing surprisingly well compared to all the hate its recieving and more and more people who played the game actually say its pretty good so that may boost sales later.

And no its not the only game that came out recently, check out the newest GameInformer, their are several games that came out all around the same time.

DmC
Guardians of Middlearth
Ni No Kuni (which is apparently really popular on Gfaqs)
Skulls of the Shogun
Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal (downloadable)
Transformers: Prime
Little Inferno
Chasing Aurora
Rise of the Guardians
Planets Under Attack
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse
Crashmo
Tank Tank Tank

Now I don't know how many of these were released in the UK or Japan but if they were that means DmC trumped all of them.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#83Robot_SoopaPosted 1/25/2013 3:57:02 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
DmC
Guardians of Middlearth
Skulls of the Shogun
Little Inferno
Chasing Aurora
Rise of the Guardians
Planets Under Attack
Crashmo
Tank Tank Tank

Those are all licensed or downloadable no name games and Ni No Kuni is a niche title trying to recapture a genre that died a generation ago.

DmC should have STOMPED.
#84Bosniak10Posted 1/25/2013 3:57:02 PM
I love this game. It clear as daylight that its a AAA title and well deserving of the series. I already beat it and can't wait for part 2. All fanboys are going crazy rofl perhaps find something to do in life?? :D
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll! Do not feed!
#85SAO_SouthernerPosted 1/25/2013 4:02:09 PM
Xtreme65 posted...

Guardians of Middlearth
Skulls of the Shogun
Little Inferno
Chasing Aurora
Rise of the Guardians
Planets Under Attack
Crashmo
Tank Tank Tank

WOW THAT'S SOME REAL COMPETITION IT HAS THERE.

That fact that DmC didn't absolutely obliterate those games is a testament to the fact that that it's just not selling well.
---
Want to watch a fat redneck do stupid crap? I do it for free. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7zTheJ1EQw
#86StrelokPosted 1/25/2013 5:21:59 PM
So bearded moosie dear, my love?

You still say it's about how the game looks...
Still...

Despite us having said, pretty much since the very VERY beginning, that our reasons of dislike stem from an entirely different source.

Sir, you are as braindead as a reality show.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#87Psychochild27Posted 1/25/2013 5:24:50 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
DmC
Guardians of Middlearth
Skulls of the Shogun
Little Inferno
Chasing Aurora
Rise of the Guardians
Planets Under Attack
Crashmo
Tank Tank Tank

Those are all licensed or downloadable no name games and Ni No Kuni is a niche title trying to recapture a genre that died a generation ago.

DmC should have STOMPED.

Ni No Kuni is kicking DmC's ass all up and down Gamestop and Amazon in sales both before release in sheer preorders and is still holding steady (While DmC had dropped significantly to this point). I'm curious to see how it pans out.
#88vgman94Posted 1/25/2013 5:25:32 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
CrimzonHead posted...
*continues to play DmC*

*Plays a better game*

FC3 isn't better, dude.
#89vgman94Posted 1/25/2013 5:28:10 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
DmC
Guardians of Middlearth
Skulls of the Shogun
Little Inferno
Chasing Aurora
Rise of the Guardians
Planets Under Attack
Crashmo
Tank Tank Tank

DmC should have STOMPED.

Sorry for the double post, but I must say that, as one user said on another topic: "Good taste is a rarity these days", and what you're saying is proof of that.
#90Robot_SoopaPosted 1/25/2013 5:38:23 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
Ni No Kuni is kicking DmC's ass all up and down Gamestop and Amazon in sales both before release in sheer preorders and is still holding steady (While DmC had dropped significantly to this point). I'm curious to see how it pans out.

vgman94 posted...
Sorry for the double post, but I must say that, as one user said on another topic: "Good taste is a rarity these days", and what you're saying is proof of that.

I adore Ghibli and would love to play Ni No Kuni if I still had my PS3. It was one of the games I've looked forward to the most.

But it's simply not on the level of popularity as DmC is my point. DmC is a AAA big name release from a big name publisher. Ni No Kuni is pretty niche.