This game is excellent dont let the fanboys fool you

#121Pesmerga255Posted 1/25/2013 1:09:37 PM
DemiFist posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
DemiFist posted...
I like the new Another Drama scenarios, they feel like a good addition to the series, I have enjoyed Taiga Saejima and Tatsuo Shinada's the most.
Haruka's is ok, but I think they could have left it out and no one woulda complained. Also without a guide hers can be annoying due to beauty pageant style questioning.
There are also a lot more dialogue options now, so many segments in the core game are a lot harder to progress through due to them and its very easy to miss a lot.
I find it the hardest of the series to play without a guide, but it is still as solid as ever.

Is Shinada fun to play as?

Also, what sort of fighting style does he use?

He is my favorite due to him using a more grappler stle than anyone else.
He is pure brutality, lol.

I'm really looking forward to playing it when it comes out.

Have you ever played Kenzan! ?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#122rockman11_zPosted 1/25/2013 1:10:38 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
DemiFist posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
I'm working towards the platinum in 4. I keep on getting bored with Hostess maker whenever I play it though. I ****ing hate that minigame.

If the PS/PS2 had a trophy system, you'd see a lot more platinums than I have on the PS3.

Understandable.
In my opinion the PS2 is the greatest console of all time.
I miss many of its franchises.

I wish they'd make another Shadow Hearts game. That'll probably never happen.

I'm also not too far away from getting the platinum in DMC3. I'm 2 missions away from the end of DMD and the rest will be simple after that. I S/SS'd every mission on the vanilla PS2 version, I've been playing as Vergil in DMC3HD and he takes a bit of getting used to, especially against the bosses.

Yes, Pes. You hit the nail in the Shadow Hearts series. They should make a new one but its impossible right now.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#123Pesmerga255Posted 1/25/2013 1:12:09 PM
rockman11_z posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
DemiFist posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
I'm working towards the platinum in 4. I keep on getting bored with Hostess maker whenever I play it though. I ****ing hate that minigame.

If the PS/PS2 had a trophy system, you'd see a lot more platinums than I have on the PS3.

Understandable.
In my opinion the PS2 is the greatest console of all time.
I miss many of its franchises.

I wish they'd make another Shadow Hearts game. That'll probably never happen.

I'm also not too far away from getting the platinum in DMC3. I'm 2 missions away from the end of DMD and the rest will be simple after that. I S/SS'd every mission on the vanilla PS2 version, I've been playing as Vergil in DMC3HD and he takes a bit of getting used to, especially against the bosses.

Yes, Pes. You hit the nail in the Shadow Hearts series. They should make a new one but its impossible right now.

Yeah, I heard that the developer went under. It's a shame, Shadow Hearts is a great series.
---
#124DemiFistPosted 1/25/2013 1:12:24 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
DemiFist posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
DemiFist posted...
I like the new Another Drama scenarios, they feel like a good addition to the series, I have enjoyed Taiga Saejima and Tatsuo Shinada's the most.
Haruka's is ok, but I think they could have left it out and no one woulda complained. Also without a guide hers can be annoying due to beauty pageant style questioning.
There are also a lot more dialogue options now, so many segments in the core game are a lot harder to progress through due to them and its very easy to miss a lot.
I find it the hardest of the series to play without a guide, but it is still as solid as ever.

Is Shinada fun to play as?

Also, what sort of fighting style does he use?

He is my favorite due to him using a more grappler stle than anyone else.
He is pure brutality, lol.

I'm really looking forward to playing it when it comes out.

Have you ever played Kenzan! ?

Yes, absolutely loved Kenzan.
I can't believe in The U.S we got Dead Sould localized instead.
Same with the PsP series.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#125Pesmerga255Posted 1/25/2013 1:16:12 PM
Kenzan looks really interesting. I love the fact that you're actually playing as Musashi Miyamoto in it.

Dead Souls was decent, it was a lot less serious than the main games, but it does have playable Majima.

I haven't seen much of the PSP games, but the combat looks interesting in them.
---
#126DemiFistPosted 1/25/2013 1:19:59 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Kenzan looks really interesting. I love the fact that you're actually playing as Musashi Miyamoto in it.

Dead Souls was decent, it was a lot less serious than the main games, but it does have playable Majima.

I haven't seen much of the PSP games, but the combat looks interesting in them.

I actually find the protaganist in the PSP games to just be outright awesome and the cutscenes (done kinda like Peace Walker) are absolutely gorgeous.
The combat is more One on One than the core series, but it is still fun and manages to feel similar.
I cannot believe these games were not localized, it is almost a crime. I have put more time on them than any other PSP title.
---
#127DemiFistPosted 1/25/2013 1:21:00 PM
Majima was hilarious in Dead Souls, his ending cracked me up hard.
---
#128RayconPosted 1/25/2013 1:21:43 PM
To think this topic started with Pes arguing with somebody.

And look at it now.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#129Pesmerga255Posted 1/25/2013 1:23:55 PM
I might pick them up at some point. I have no trouble with understanding Japanese games for the most part. There are a couple of games that I just can't get used to in Japanese, like the Shin Megami Tensei games/spinoffs, It's mainly the passive skills that stop me with them. I have no trouble with the Tales games in Japanese though, I've been through Phantasia around 15 times or so.
---
#130Pesmerga255Posted 1/25/2013 1:24:20 PM
Raycon posted...
To think this topic started with Pes arguing with somebody.

And look at it now.

Yakuza brings everybody together. It's very hard to genuinely dislike the series.
---