Just started the game. Played all other dmcs. Chronicling journey into hell.

#31CrossRavenPosted 1/25/2013 5:18:48 PM
Enemies on Nephilim will not attack you from off screen making the difficulty pretty lacking.
---
"Give me a Y....Give me an R....Give me a Break" - Yuna, Rikku and Paine
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cross Raven
#32tehXdemiXazn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:05:04 PM
CrossRaven posted...
Enemies on Nephilim will not attack you from off screen making the difficulty pretty lacking.

So you mean they do it DMC4 style. Lol I abused that so much to beat the 100 armor fight in the bloody palace. But anyway. Virility time. That was actually somewhat challenging, fighting two fat fellows at once. Only it was mostly challenging because they have an odd hitbox during their charge. Couldn't always time the dodge. Icky. I appreciate the attempts they made to disturb the player visually.

More combat complaints. It finally occurred to me that most of the move list is level 2 versions of moves that do the exact same thing, with slightly more damage, or reach possibly. This is a terrible way to do an upgrade system. If you want to have scaling damage, have a single upgrade that ups all the weapon's abilities. They really missed the boat here. Maybe they spent all their creative talent on the game's world and not enough was left over to actually get a fully fleshed out move list. I would actually go as far as to say that this game would be much better with a patch or free dlc that expanded the move list (like that will happen).

Also finally figured out that they want to have two dodge buttons because you may or may not like hitting two triggers on the same side. I get it, but it's still a waste of space.

Closing complaint for this mission: GOD I MISS TAUNTS. LIKE WHAT THE HELL THIS GUY WOULD BE ALMOST MORE LIKELY TO RUB IT IN THE FACE OF HIS FOES WHAT THE BALLS.

Moving on.
---
... Nope, it's still the same.
#33syctheweilderPosted 1/25/2013 6:16:52 PM
Can't wait for the slurm queen.
#34tehXdemiXazn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:21:58 AM
Ok, so that cutscene with Succubus was just plain painful, even with my prior knowledge of how it would go. Who thought that was clever geez. Eryx is... well it's no gauntlet weapon from DMC. Looks like something and feels like something out of GOW, minus detachable chain extenders. Still enjoying the level design but combat has become somewhat rote. I'm ignoring all level 2 versions of moves because those aren't moves, they're just helpers. So, I'm basically only missing the gun moves and angel evade.

Also I'm curious if there's a better control scheme for controlling charge ricoshots while hitting people. I used a custom set-up for Nero back in DMC4, with shoot relegated to the left bumper. I guess I could just do that for either bumper, but not sure which would feel right, or if it's even worth doing mid combo. Moving onto Barbas' big tower.
---
#35Psychochild27Posted 1/26/2013 9:08:12 AM
tehXdemiXazn posted...

So you mean they do it DMC4 style. Lol I abused that so much to beat the 100 armor fight in the bloody palace.

DMC3 style, technically.

Closing complaint for this mission: GOD I MISS TAUNTS. LIKE WHAT THE HELL THIS GUY WOULD BE ALMOST MORE LIKELY TO RUB IT IN THE FACE OF HIS FOES WHAT THE BALLS.

Moving on.

Game taunts for you now. You'd think if they were so scared of violating their "Narrative" as the reason they gave, they'd resort to Dante doing in-character taunting animations and cut the audio clips (Or just give Dante all the ones they throw in his mouth and let the player trigger them). It gets a bit better when you get Kablooey since it adds no hit-stagger or damage until you detonate it, so you can apply its darts while you're sitting around waiting for enemies to do -anything-.
#36Forever ShadowedPosted 1/26/2013 8:44:21 PM
Go on...
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#37Qwesar23464Posted 1/27/2013 12:02:37 AM
Admittedly intrigued. Nice to see a (somewhat) neutral perspective on the game for a change.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#38DethaPosted 1/27/2013 12:04:57 AM
E&I rainstorm is powerful. Remember that when you get Aquila.
---
i3 2130 3.4, 8gb 1600, 460 855/2065 http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#39tehXdemiXazn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 1:09:02 AM
Had to take a break to play dmc 3 and 4. I... I just had to. Back to Barbas next.
---
#40tehXdemiXazn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 6:00:33 PM
Ok, the subway level where you obtain Phineas' eye wasn't bad. It was quick, had a few good moments, but not too short. The levels are feeling really short though in general for some reason.

After a few levels, Eryx is pretty useless. It does everything Arbiter does basically with shorter range. Also is it me, or does it not have Just Charges? Every other charge attack in the game has one, but I'm not seeing any for it. That's just retarded. Someone confirm for me please.

Otherwise, yeah, I just bought demon evade... that is the dumbest move for style ever. Moving onto Eyeless.
---