Seriously I don't understand why the majority of people bash this game....

#1Gray Fox DiePosted 1/25/2013 2:10:07 PM(edited)
Since the first trailer of this game, I was part of the people who wanted to boycott this game and I was very angry at Capcom for doing an unwanted reboot of my favourite franchise. I didn't like the new look of Dante, didn't like the enemies, didn't like anything about it.

I didn't check any other videos, didnt' played the demo and when it came out I didn't care at all about it. Then my friend came home and he had rented the game... He asked me if I wanted to play and I barely said No but in the end I said I could try it....

Well that night, I played NON-STOP until 2:00am and that was only because I wanted to go back home.

The graphics are Top Notch. The level design is Top Notch, the animations are Top Notch. The combat system and combos are Top Notch, you can do so much more than past DMC (by the way I ust replayed DMC 1-2-3 just to compare the games). The story is good and so much better than any other game from Capcom. I can't believe that people complain about Kat saying she is "forgettable". I guess they forgot the female characters in past game. Seriously, Trish is DMC1 does nothing from the whole game. I don't even remember the name of the girl in DMC2 and Lady in DMC3 is very cool but not more deep than Kat.

People complain about the lack of a lock-on but seriously, DMC is the only serie with it. There is no lock-on in other similar games such as God of War... It can be hard sometimes to aim to a specific airbone enemies but the lock-on would not ease that.... DMC3 has the same problem with airbone enemies... no big deal.

So I liked pretty much everything about this game from the beginning to the end. I'm about to finish Dante Must Die and while easier than other DMC, it's still a fun challenge .

I think DmC is one of my top 10 games of this generation.
#2sworderPosted 1/25/2013 2:01:52 PM
If you can do so much more in this game than in DMC4, it's clear you're a casual
#3Green_PuffPosted 1/25/2013 2:01:53 PM
I am like you and share your opinion.
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#4WingZero0782Posted 1/25/2013 2:03:19 PM
I agree TC.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#5SilentS89Posted 1/25/2013 2:04:13 PM
TC, your intent is unclear to me.

Do you want our reasons for bashing the game?

Or is this a topic where you tell us your personal experience with the game invalidates our opinions?

Is this a blogfaqs topic?
#6docman864Posted 1/25/2013 2:04:47 PM
level zero unleashed.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#7Green_PuffPosted 1/25/2013 2:04:50 PM
TC, your intent is unclear to me.

Do you want our reasons for bashing the game?

Or is this a topic where you tell us your personal experience with the game invalidates our opinions?

Is this a blogfaqs topic?

That almost all topics on this board.
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#8Roger_BaconPosted 1/25/2013 2:06:12 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
Since the first trailer of this game, I was part of the people who wanted to boycott this game and I was very angry at Capcom for doing an unwanted reboot of my favourite franchise. I didn't like the new look of Dante, didn't like the enemies, didn't like anything about it.

I didn't check any other videos, didnt' played the demo and when it came out I didn't care at all about it. Then my friend came home and he had rented the game... He asked me if I wanted to play and I barely said No but in the end I said I could try it....

Well that night, I played NON-STOP until 2:00am and that was only because I wanted to go back home.

The graphics are Top Notch. The level design is Top Notch, the animations are Top Notch. The combat system and combos are Top Notch, you can do so much more than past DMC (by the way I ust replayed DMC 1-2-3 just to compare the games). The story is good and so much better than any other game from Capcom. I can't believe that people complain about Kat saying she is "forgettable". I guess they forgot the female characters in past game. Seriously, Trish is DMC1 does nothing from the whole game. I don't even remember the name of the girl in DMC2 and Lady in DMC3 is very cool but not more deep than Kat.

People complain about the lack of a lock-on but seriously, DMC is the only serie with it. There is no lock-on in other similar games such as God of War... It can be hard something to aim to a specific airbone enemies but the lock-on would not ease that.... DMC3 has the same problem with airbone enemies... no big deal.

So I liked pretty much everything about this game from the beginning to the end. I'm about to finish Dante Must Die and while easier than other DMC, it's still a fun challenge .

I think DmC is one of my top 10 games of this generation.

Have you only played ten games this generation?
---
To defeat me,you must defeat my dragon punch
Psn - Darth_Richy
#9Gray Fox Die(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:06:48 PM
Will replay DMC4 very soon as it's the only one that I played since a long time but I dont' remember you could do crazy combo as in DmC. Dante in DMC4 is very cool but you always need to change his style. I prefer or should I say... appreciate how the weapon and combo system works in DmC.
#10hoagie727Posted 1/25/2013 2:07:06 PM
sworder posted...
If you can do so much more in this game than in DMC4, it's clear you're a casual

Yeah man!

This board is for elitist hardcore people who are disgusted by this.

Leave now!