Seriously I don't understand why the majority of people bash this game....

#21ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/25/2013 1:20:50 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
Since the first trailer of this game, I was part of the people who wanted to boycott this game and I was very angry at Capcom for doing an unwanted reboot of my favourite franchise. I didn't like the new look of Dante, didn't like the enemies, didn't like anything about it.

I didn't check any other videos, didnt' played the demo and when it came out I didn't care at all about it. Then my friend came home and he had rented the game... He asked me if I wanted to play and I barely said No but in the end I said I could try it....

Well that night, I played NON-STOP until 2:00am and that was only because I wanted to go back home.

The graphics are Top Notch. The level design is Top Notch, the animations are Top Notch. The combat system and combos are Top Notch, you can do so much more than past DMC (by the way I ust replayed DMC 1-2-3 just to compare the games). The story is good and so much better than any other game from Capcom. I can't believe that people complain about Kat saying she is "forgettable". I guess they forgot the female characters in past game. Seriously, Trish is DMC1 does nothing from the whole game. I don't even remember the name of the girl in DMC2 and Lady in DMC3 is very cool but not more deep than Kat.

People complain about the lack of a lock-on but seriously, DMC is the only serie with it. There is no lock-on in other similar games such as God of War... It can be hard sometimes to aim to a specific airbone enemies but the lock-on would not ease that.... DMC3 has the same problem with airbone enemies... no big deal.

So I liked pretty much everything about this game from the beginning to the end. I'm about to finish Dante Must Die and while easier than other DMC, it's still a fun challenge .

I think DmC is one of my top 10 games of this generation.

Can't tell if serious.
#22Gray Fox Die(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 1:21:59 PM
BTW I'm not saying that DmC is better or worse than past DMCs. Devil May Cry is my favourite franchise. DMC3 is probably one of the best game ever and I played it to death !

It's more that after playing DmC and seeing the quality of this game, I just don't understand why people complain so much about it. It is really a AAA game and is sooooo much fun to play.
#23ZeroX91Posted 1/25/2013 1:23:21 PM
docman864 posted...
level zero unleashed.

What's that suppose to mean? >:O
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibyOMDcyO3U
#24Roger_BaconPosted 1/25/2013 1:23:36 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
BTW I'm not saying that DmC is better or worse than past DMCs. Devil May Cry is my favourite franchise. DMC3 is probably one of the best game ever and I played it to death !

It's more that after playing DmC and seeing the quality of this game, I just don't understand why people complain so much about it. It is really a AAA game and is sooooo much fun to play.

AAA , now i know your taking the piss .
---
To defeat me,you must defeat my dragon punch
Psn - Darth_Richy
#25ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/25/2013 1:24:14 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...

Too obvious.
#26DemiFistPosted 1/25/2013 1:25:05 PM
Roger_Bacon posted...
DemiFist posted...
Roger_Bacon posted...
Gray Fox Die posted...
Since the first trailer of this game, I was part of the people who wanted to boycott this game and I was very angry at Capcom for doing an unwanted reboot of my favourite franchise. I didn't like the new look of Dante, didn't like the enemies, didn't like anything about it.

I didn't check any other videos, didnt' played the demo and when it came out I didn't care at all about it. Then my friend came home and he had rented the game... He asked me if I wanted to play and I barely said No but in the end I said I could try it....

Well that night, I played NON-STOP until 2:00am and that was only because I wanted to go back home.

The graphics are Top Notch. The level design is Top Notch, the animations are Top Notch. The combat system and combos are Top Notch, you can do so much more than past DMC (by the way I ust replayed DMC 1-2-3 just to compare the games). The story is good and so much better than any other game from Capcom. I can't believe that people complain about Kat saying she is "forgettable". I guess they forgot the female characters in past game. Seriously, Trish is DMC1 does nothing from the whole game. I don't even remember the name of the girl in DMC2 and Lady in DMC3 is very cool but not more deep than Kat.

People complain about the lack of a lock-on but seriously, DMC is the only serie with it. There is no lock-on in other similar games such as God of War... It can be hard something to aim to a specific airbone enemies but the lock-on would not ease that.... DMC3 has the same problem with airbone enemies... no big deal.

So I liked pretty much everything about this game from the beginning to the end. I'm about to finish Dante Must Die and while easier than other DMC, it's still a fun challenge .

I think DmC is one of my top 10 games of this generation.

Have you only played ten games this generation?

You know what?
I just realized you are on my PSN friends list, lol.
No wonder you tried to troll me about DmC's difficulty without being rude the other day.

I didnt try to troll anybody....that phrase/name/title seriously just gets thrown about too much,but hey...at least i wasnt rude lol

Nah, you weren't necessarily trolling, but you did seem like you were trying to get some kinda rise outta me because I like the game.
I just find it funny now that I realized who you are and that you are on my Friends list, I don't remember meeting you on here.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#27InfiniteDemisePosted 1/25/2013 1:26:08 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
Well yes, I would like honest opinions/reasons why people don't like this game. Not just... it sucks

Personally, it's just a better generic hack and slash #23472894382, it's got better combat than most western developed hack and slash games, but it's not even close to a DMC caliber game.

That and the writing and behavior of Tameem really killed any positives the game would've had.
---
" Its said that God made the universe and wants everyone to praise him.... Talk about an egomaniac "
#28sworderPosted 1/25/2013 1:27:02 PM
hoagie727 posted...
Yeah man!

This board is for elitist hardcore people who are disgusted by this.

Leave now!

This is not about being elitist or hardcore.

TC stated he did not understand why we hate the game. Then he stated he can perform more combos in DmC than in the previous games, when the combat depth in DMC4 is like 100x higher. So I gave him the reason why he didn't understand. He didn't put the time needed to learn the game. There's a learning curve.

You prefer a game that shows you everything it has to offer in 3 days of gameplay or a game that you can pick up a month later and still learn new stuff?
#29SilentS89Posted 1/25/2013 1:29:56 PM
"I grew up with Devil May Cry. Dante used to be a hero. He was somebody that we could look up to and aspire to match his coolness and morality. He was only half human but it was the best half of humanity. Dante was like Superman, super strong, super cool, and super moral.

Donte... isn't somebody I can look up to. Donte is a punk kid that I am supposed to relate to? Dante isn't supposed to be relatable, why is that suddenly important with Donte? Relatable isn't cool, relatable isn't stylish. Donte is rude and cruel. The old Dante would not have punched out an innocent human bouncer, or knocked away a guys soda. Or torture a demon with a cigarette. Or having a cursing contest with a demon. "But Donte had a bad childhood" Dante has literally been through hell, multiple times. He never let that compromise him.

Donte doesn't seem like somebody I should look up to. He is somebody I should scold."

"Daytona USA was originally released in Japanese arcades in 1993 60fps 20 years ago on inferior hardware.

People act like 60fps is some modern frill when it is 20+ years old.
Why do people act like it doesn't matter that they cut the fps in half?
Would you tolerate half the sound effects? Half the music? Half the colors?
Games 20 years ago had 60fps

20 years ago 60fps existed, know what didn't exist in 1993?

The Twitter Tameem uses to insult us.
Justin Bieber wasn't even born yet.
Harry Potter wasn't released til 1997
DVDs didn't exist in 1993, at least not on the market.
Facebook didn't exist.
Know what else 60fps predates? The existence of the Gamefaqs website.

There is no excuse for Ninja Theory's incompetence if games made 20 years ago have better technical features. You wouldn't accept half the colors, why accept half the framerate? How much of a failure do you have to be to make a game on superior hardware and end up with inferior features?"

"Aside from that the themes of the game are entirely different. The contrast is lost.

In the classic DMCs the world was a dark and dangerous place where even the lowest demon is a grave threat to a normal person. In this darkness Dante was a light. Dante was carefree and lighthearted in a world of darkness. The new Dante is as dark as the world around him. The contrast is lost. The classic Dante allowed Lady to shoot him in the head multiple times. The New Dante attacks humans unprovoked. Classic Dante would never put out a cigarette on a demons face.

Making Dante a dark character removes what made Dante different from characters of competing games. Dante was light hearted and fun loving in contrast to the revenge and tragedy driven Kratos and the ninja of revenge and duty Ryu Hayabusa. In the classic DMCs Dante wore a flamboyant Red coat in Gothic settings. In the new DmC Dante wears dingy modern attire in a dingy modern setting.

The classic DMC raised questions like how Dante choose to embrace his human heritage over his demonic heritage, despite the logic that it would make him weaker. Dante tells us that compassion is more important than power. The new DmC kills this theme dead by making Dante half angel instead of human. Angels and Demons are equal, there is no conflict in which heritage Dante should follow. Vergil was the other side of the coin, favoring his demonic heritage. The new Vergil is a thinly veiled commentary on class warfare.

The new DmC is about a demonic conspiracy with demonic puppetmasters pulling man's strings from behind the scenes. It is about modern social commentary. It is about mocking (American) Republican spokespersons. It is about the hidden world around us. The new DmC is too specific to the times we live in. The classic DMC is timeless. DMC was never about being faithful to modern times.

The themes of the game are so different it might as well be a different series entirely."
#30SilentS89Posted 1/25/2013 1:31:34 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
-Lack of a manual lock on. The soft lock is also an issue since it randomly targets enemies that you don't want it to over half the time and retargets halfway through killing an enemy half the time.

-The Style System is utterly broken by design. You only lose ranks by getting hit... meaning it is so easily exploitable and so easily broken that it isn't even funny on top of not being as rewarding as previous games.

-The Demon Dodge is hilariously broken.

-The guns are hilariously under powered and are essentially useless except for a few very specific situations.

-The difficulty is beyond easy. Even on Son of Sparda I breezed through in the demo and it takes something like 25 hits on Nephilem to kill you (and that's with the base health). The enemies rarely attack, their attacks are hilariously over choreographed, and the enemies are completely helpless the second you get them in the air (which is the main focus of the game... aerial combat).

-The basic gameplay itself is easily broken. The grapple is OP, Osiris has an easily used infinite aerial combo, Rebellion has an easily used infinite aerial combo when used with the whip, and the whip itself has an easily used infinite aerial combo.

-The gameplay itself is definitely slower than Dante's gameplay in Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4.

-The damage outputs for the Devil Arms is unbalanced across the board.

-The game definitely suffers from the 30 FPS (which isn't even locked on the PS3 demo).

-The controls are needlessly clunky.

-Over half the move set can't be cancelled out of.

-The color coded demons breaks the flow of gameplay by forcing me to spam attacks from a limited pool of attacks until it is dead.

Those are just the gameplay complaints I have (that come to mind right now).