Seriously I don't understand why the majority of people bash this game....

#31_Uwye_Posted 1/25/2013 2:32:25 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
The combat system and combos are Top Notch, you can do so much more than past DMC (by the way I ust replayed DMC 1-2-3 just to compare the games).

Newsflash, Capcom has released a game called DMC4 and you can do much more in it than in DmC.

The story is good and so much better than any other game from Capcom.

debatable. I find it pretentious, by the book and without memorable cutscenes.

People complain about the lack of a lock-on but seriously, DMC is the only serie with it. There is no lock-on in other similar games such as God of War...

Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Lollipop Chainsaw and Anarchy Reigns say hi.

Will replay DMC4 very soon as it's the only one that I played since a long time but I dont' remember you could do crazy combo as in DmC. Dante in DMC4 is very cool but you always need to change his style. I prefer or should I say... appreciate how the weapon and combo system works in DmC.

Maybe because you have to actually put some effort in that game instead of having an infinite air-time?

Well yes, I would like honest opinions/reasons why people don't like this game. Not just... it sucks

Geeee, it's not like they have been stated a bazillion of times.

Short version:
-needless reboot
-tone and art direction are way too different
-bosses absolutely suck compared to the old games
-gameplay, while excellent for western standards, is a definite downgrade compared to DMC3-4
-too easy, both in its mechanics and in terms of enemy AI
-mutliple questionable design choices (controls, color coded enemies)
#32Roger_BaconPosted 1/25/2013 2:37:36 PM
i agree 100% with what uwye said,specifically in points made in the short version
---
To defeat me,you must defeat my dragon punch
Psn - Darth_Richy
#33DaGr1nChPosted 1/25/2013 2:42:15 PM
I love the pompous elitist attitude these so called purists have when it comes to video games. Ohh this game is for casuals blah blah blah. Get off your high horses. I've been gaming longer then most of you have been alive and this sickening attitude is why people look at some of us in a negative light. WTF is a casual gamer anyway?
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden
#34Gray Fox Die(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:43:48 PM
SilentS89 posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
-Lack of a manual lock on. The soft lock is also an issue since it randomly targets enemies that you don't want it to over half the time and retargets halfway through killing an enemy half the time.

-The Style System is utterly broken by design. You only lose ranks by getting hit... meaning it is so easily exploitable and so easily broken that it isn't even funny on top of not being as rewarding as previous games.

-The Demon Dodge is hilariously broken.

-The guns are hilariously under powered and are essentially useless except for a few very specific situations.

-The difficulty is beyond easy. Even on Son of Sparda I breezed through in the demo and it takes something like 25 hits on Nephilem to kill you (and that's with the base health). The enemies rarely attack, their attacks are hilariously over choreographed, and the enemies are completely helpless the second you get them in the air (which is the main focus of the game... aerial combat).

-The basic gameplay itself is easily broken. The grapple is OP, Osiris has an easily used infinite aerial combo, Rebellion has an easily used infinite aerial combo when used with the whip, and the whip itself has an easily used infinite aerial combo.

-The gameplay itself is definitely slower than Dante's gameplay in Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4.

-The damage outputs for the Devil Arms is unbalanced across the board.

-The game definitely suffers from the 30 FPS (which isn't even locked on the PS3 demo).

-The controls are needlessly clunky.

-Over half the move set can't be cancelled out of.

-The color coded demons breaks the flow of gameplay by forcing me to spam attacks from a limited pool of attacks until it is dead.

Those are just the gameplay complaints I have (that come to mind right now).

Good, these are real reasons. And I see why I personally like the game. It is because none of those really bothers me. In the end, I'm having so much fun with the game. Thanks for your reply, there is so many immature people on these board.
#35_Uwye_Posted 1/25/2013 2:44:31 PM
DaGr1nCh posted...
I love the pompous elitist attitude these so called purists have when it comes to video games. Ohh this game is for casuals blah blah blah.

I don't know about you, but it really urines me off when a not-for-casuals series I love is bastardized to try to attract casuals.
#36bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 2:45:48 PM
SilentS89 posted...
TC, your intent is unclear to me.

Do you want our reasons for bashing the game?

Or is this a topic where you tell us your personal experience with the game invalidates our opinions?

Is this a blogfaqs topic?

the quoted poster seems to be implying the "antis" have been doing something different than attempting to invalidate the opinions of those who disagree...

...i'm just going to assume he got to this board yesterday.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
#37Roger_BaconPosted 1/25/2013 2:51:54 PM
DaGr1nCh posted...
I love the pompous elitist attitude these so called purists have when it comes to video games. Ohh this game is for casuals blah blah blah. Get off your high horses. I've been gaming longer then most of you have been alive and this sickening attitude is why people look at some of us in a negative light. WTF is a casual gamer anyway?

DMC was a hardcore game DmC is a casual game ...its as simple as it sounds , obviously hardcore fans are not happy about this

How old you are or how long you have been gaming is not relevent one bit to what has happend to this franchise.
---
To defeat me,you must defeat my dragon punch
Psn - Darth_Richy
#38ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/25/2013 2:53:59 PM
DaGr1nCh posted...

Whatever. The game is still mediocre.
#39WingZero0782Posted 1/25/2013 2:56:05 PM
Roger_Bacon posted...
DaGr1nCh posted...

DMC was a hardcore game DmC is a casual game ...its as simple as it sounds , obviously hardcore fans are not happy about this

How old you are or how long you have been gaming is not relevent one bit to what has happend to this franchise.

Well what is then?

I own/have played every DMC and enjoyed them all (2 to some extent) and love this game too.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#40Gray Fox Die(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:58:59 PM
From what I see, the answer to my question is that DmC is different than past Japanese DMCs and it is not as Hardcore as before.

I understand and agree to this point of view (as I was on the same side of the fence not even a week ago) but to be fair, DmC should be compared to all games....

DMC HD Collection is there for the rest of you who can't appreciate a good game when they play one.

Personally I will be waiting for a sequel to DmC and a sequel to DMC4. Both will be Day 1 purchases.