Seriously I don't understand why the majority of people bash this game....

#41bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 2:59:04 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
Roger_Bacon posted...
DaGr1nCh posted...
I love the pompous elitist attitude these so called purists have when it comes to video games. Ohh this game is for casuals blah blah blah. Get off your high horses. I've been gaming longer then most of you have been alive and this sickening attitude is why people look at some of us in a negative light. WTF is a casual gamer anyway?

DMC was a hardcore game DmC is a casual game ...its as simple as it sounds , obviously hardcore fans are not happy about this

How old you are or how long you have been gaming is not relevent one bit to what has happend to this franchise.

Well what is then?

I own/have played every DMC and enjoyed them all (2 to some extent) and love this game too.

Devil May Cry is one of my top 3 game franchises (the other 2 being Dead Space and Bioshock). that said, i even liked 2 and playing as that angel broad. i'd be lying if i said i could remember the game, but i know i beat it and i wouldn't have done that if i didn't enjoy it to some degree.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
#42WingZero0782Posted 1/25/2013 2:59:25 PM
I take this game for what it is, a westernised reboot, just like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

I love both games and I hope DmC gets a sequel.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#43WingZero0782Posted 1/25/2013 3:03:29 PM
bearded_moose posted...
WingZero0782 posted...
Roger_Bacon posted...
DaGr1nCh posted...
I love the pompous elitist attitude these so called purists have when it comes to video games. Ohh this game is for casuals blah blah blah. Get off your high horses. I've been gaming longer then most of you have been alive and this sickening attitude is why people look at some of us in a negative light. WTF is a casual gamer anyway?

DMC was a hardcore game DmC is a casual game ...its as simple as it sounds , obviously hardcore fans are not happy about this

How old you are or how long you have been gaming is not relevent one bit to what has happend to this franchise.

Well what is then?

I own/have played every DMC and enjoyed them all (2 to some extent) and love this game too.

Devil May Cry is one of my top 3 game franchises (the other 2 being Dead Space and Bioshock). that said, i even liked 2 and playing as that angel broad. i'd be lying if i said i could remember the game, but i know i beat it and i wouldn't have done that if i didn't enjoy it to some degree.

Lucia.

The Hack 'n' Slash genre is one of my favourites and I've played quite a lot of them, it's up there as one of the best along with the God of War and Ninja Gaiden series.
---
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#44InfiniteDemisePosted 1/25/2013 3:03:32 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
I take this game for what it is, a westernised reboot, just like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Odd, I loved Lords of Shadows and can't wait for the sequel, but DmC still rubs me the wrong way. Guess it's cause the standard for a 3D action Castlevania game was low compared to what DMC had already established.
---
" Its said that God made the universe and wants everyone to praise him.... Talk about an egomaniac "
#45SilentS89Posted 1/25/2013 3:04:19 PM
WingZero0782 posted...
Ninja Gaiden series.

<3
#46WingZero0782Posted 1/25/2013 3:05:12 PM
InfiniteDemise posted...
WingZero0782 posted...

Odd, I loved Lords of Shadows and can't wait for the sequel, but DmC still rubs me the wrong way. Guess it's cause the standard for a 3D action Castlevania game was low compared to what DMC had already established.

Yeah, CV hasn't really had a good track record when it comes to the 3D ones, though saying that DMC is kinda like a 3D CV series.
---
#47bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 3:12:01 PM
bearded_moose posted...
SilentS89 posted...
TC, your intent is unclear to me.

Do you want our reasons for bashing the game?

Or is this a topic where you tell us your personal experience with the game invalidates our opinions?

Is this a blogfaqs topic?

the quoted poster seems to be implying the "antis" have been doing something different than attempting to invalidate the opinions of those who disagree...

...i'm just going to assume he got to this board yesterday.

quoting myself because i'd honestly like to know what Silent thinks has been going on on these boards...
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
#48SilentS89Posted 1/25/2013 3:15:31 PM
bearded_moose posted...
bearded_moose posted...
SilentS89 posted...
TC, your intent is unclear to me.

Do you want our reasons for bashing the game?

Or is this a topic where you tell us your personal experience with the game invalidates our opinions?

Is this a blogfaqs topic?

the quoted poster seems to be implying the "antis" have been doing something different than attempting to invalidate the opinions of those who disagree...

...i'm just going to assume he got to this board yesterday.

quoting myself because i'd honestly like to know what Silent thinks has been going on on these boards...

Well, I can't speak for the other antis, but I am just trying to better the Devil May Cry franchise. Trying to spread info to others on why I feel DmC is not the proper direction for the franchise.

Do I go on your ignore list now?
#49Malus_X6Posted 1/25/2013 3:17:14 PM
i agree 100% with what uwye said,specifically in points made in the short version

Shouldn't you get back to making the sexy pictures? :P
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#50HellsControllerPosted 1/25/2013 3:17:28 PM
Now I know why Tam is quiet on twitter. He just keeps making these topics here over and over.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.