Seriously I don't understand why the majority of people bash this game....

#51Malus_X6Posted 1/25/2013 3:18:10 PM
InfiniteDemise posted...
WingZero0782 posted...
I take this game for what it is, a westernised reboot, just like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

I love both games and I hope DmC gets a sequel.

Odd, I loved Lords of Shadows and can't wait for the sequel, but DmC still rubs me the wrong way. Guess it's cause the standard for a 3D action Castlevania game was low compared to what DMC had already established.

Yeah, CV hasn't really had a good track record when it comes to the 3D ones, though saying that DMC is kinda like a 3D CV series.

Oh come on! CV 64 and CV: Legacy of Darkness? Those weren't good?
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#52WingZero0782Posted 1/25/2013 3:21:31 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
InfiniteDemise posted...
WingZero0782 posted...
I take this game for what it is, a westernised reboot, just like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

I love both games and I hope DmC gets a sequel.

Odd, I loved Lords of Shadows and can't wait for the sequel, but DmC still rubs me the wrong way. Guess it's cause the standard for a 3D action Castlevania game was low compared to what DMC had already established.

Yeah, CV hasn't really had a good track record when it comes to the 3D ones, though saying that DMC is kinda like a 3D CV series.

Oh come on! CV 64 and CV: Legacy of Darkness? Those weren't good?

Not played them, I do like LOI & CoD though.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#53bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 3:23:49 PM
@silent
if you belonged on my ignore list, you'd be there already. the people on my ignore list are those that CANNOT let a thread exist that supports the game without interjecting and taking over (or at least trying).

anyone with anything intelligent to say can deserves to be listened to. i do hope you'll at least concede the fact that neither side of this is without blame. EVERYONE is trying to invalidate everyone's opinions. the reason i see for the supporters to be so up at arms is explained in my first paragraph. never before have i seen a board so fully under the control of detractors.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
#54sneakysnakePosted 1/25/2013 3:24:23 PM
DaGr1nCh posted...
I love the pompous elitist attitude these so called purists have when it comes to video games. Ohh this game is for casuals blah blah blah. Get off your high horses. I've been gaming longer then most of you have been alive and this sickening attitude is why people look at some of us in a negative light. WTF is a casual gamer anyway?

They usually want instant gratification for little time spent on any game. Some people want to work a little harder, experience more tension before getting their reward unlike casuals.
---
PSN: sneakysnake128
#55Malus_X6Posted 1/25/2013 3:27:13 PM
Buy yourself a Nintendo 64, get the Expansion Pak, and play one of the two, dammit!
---
#56WingZero0782Posted 1/25/2013 3:28:13 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Buy yourself a Nintendo 64, get the Expansion Pak, and play one of the two, dammit!

I'll pass thanks.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#57Malus_X6Posted 1/25/2013 3:36:18 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

I'll pass thanks.

You make me sad.

Come, Patsy. *rides off*
---
#58ZeroX91Posted 1/25/2013 3:38:47 PM
LoI>64 and Curse of Darkness.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibyOMDcyO3U
#59DaGr1nChPosted 1/25/2013 3:50:49 PM
Roger_Bacon posted...
DaGr1nCh posted...
I love the pompous elitist attitude these so called purists have when it comes to video games. Ohh this game is for casuals blah blah blah. Get off your high horses. I've been gaming longer then most of you have been alive and this sickening attitude is why people look at some of us in a negative light. WTF is a casual gamer anyway?

DMC was a hardcore game DmC is a casual game ...its as simple as it sounds , obviously hardcore fans are not happy about this

How old you are or how long you have been gaming is not relevent one bit to what has happend to this franchise.

And what has happened to the franchise? DMC1 was amazing for what it did to the hack and slash genre. It basically re-invented it. the combat in the game however is extremely limited in what you can do but I can't fault it because it's 11 years old. DMC2 was trash. We all know what happened with that game. The only reason why I finished it was because it was a DMC game. The game was incredibly easy and combat was garbage as well. Yea he could run up walls but it was useless.

DMC3 was a god send. It's in my top 3 greatest hack and slash games of all time. Combat is top notch and not many if any games can compete with it. DMC4 is good with the same combat system 3 had with weaker weapons IMO. So exactly what has been done with this series as a whole as far as gameplay goes. You've got 2 games to really compare this to as far as gameplay mechanics go because the other 2 really aren't that great in that department. I'd also wager that 99% of those pissing and moaning about the "casualized" gameplay can't even pull off half the insanity that you see in the many videos people post on these boards to prove their point. Sure they can talk about frame data and JC'ing all day but doing it is another story entirely and I'd bet my paycheck they can't do it. It's nothing more then grand standing to prove a point that doesnt need to be proven. We all know DMC3 and 4 are more complex. Move the hell on.

I'm not 100% behind the direction the game has taken in the reboot but I also see it for what it is without blind hatred toward it. Its a solid game with way above average combat and excellent aesthetics. While you may not like the way the game looks don't say it looks terrible because at that point you're just being contrarian just to be one of the "cool" kids.
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden
#60USFPosted 1/25/2013 3:52:35 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
The combat system and combos are Top Notch, you can do so much more than past DMC (by the way I ust replayed DMC 1-2-3 just to compare the games).

I think DmC is one of my top 10 games of this generation.

That's the kind of **** that makes you lose credibility. While everything else could be subjective, in your case you seem to like the awful writing and characters and many others don't, when you say stuff like what's bold in your quote THAT is when people realize you're clueless.

Top 10 this gen for you? Congrats, makes me wonder how many great games you've actually played though.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 3, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.