Seriously I don't understand why the majority of people bash this game....

#61bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 2:55:43 PM
USF posted...
Gray Fox Die posted...
The combat system and combos are Top Notch, you can do so much more than past DMC (by the way I ust replayed DMC 1-2-3 just to compare the games).

I think DmC is one of my top 10 games of this generation.

That's the kind of **** that makes you lose credibility. While everything else could be subjective, in your case you seem to like the awful writing and characters and many others don't, when you say stuff like what's bold in your quote THAT is when people realize you're clueless.

Top 10 this gen for you? Congrats, makes me wonder how many great games you've actually played though.

example of a post that offers nothing. the only purpose is to invalidate the previously quoted poster.

USF, that's his opinion... why the hell can you not respect that without attacking him?
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
#62USFPosted 1/25/2013 2:58:08 PM(edited)
bearded_moose posted...
USF posted...
Gray Fox Die posted...
The combat system and combos are Top Notch, you can do so much more than past DMC (by the way I ust replayed DMC 1-2-3 just to compare the games).

That's the kind of **** that makes you lose credibility. While everything else could be subjective, in your case you seem to like the awful writing and characters and many others don't, when you say stuff like what's bold in your quote THAT is when people realize you're clueless.

Top 10 this gen for you? Congrats, makes me wonder how many great games you've actually played though.

example of a post that offers nothing. the only purpose is to invalidate the previously quoted poster.

USF, that's his opinion... why the hell can you not respect that without attacking him?

The game being in his top 10? Sure that's an opinion, don't really care about that good for him. The combat argument is not even debatable.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 3, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#63bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 3:04:37 PM
USF posted...
bearded_moose posted...
USF posted...
Gray Fox Die posted...

The game being in his top 10? Sure that's an opinion, don't really care about that good for him. The combat argument is not even debatable.

you say you don't care, but posting your own opinion isn't enough... you feel the need to demean him and invalidate him.

i ask again, why are you (apparently) incapable of allowing someone -a person who had nothing to say to you personally- to have their own opinion?
---
#64PhaseSlaethePosted 1/25/2013 3:07:14 PM
USF isn't disallowing the existence of an opinion.

Calling it wrong is not calling it something that shouldn't exist.
#65sworderPosted 1/25/2013 3:07:20 PM
bearded_moose posted...

No.

When an opinion contradicts something that has concrete evidence to the contrary (DMC having more combos and depth than DmC), it stops being an opinion and starts being an incorrect statement.
#66bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 3:09:19 PM
sworder posted...
bearded_moose posted...

No.

When an opinion contradicts something that has concrete evidence to the contrary (DMC having more combos and depth than DmC), it stops being an opinion and starts being an incorrect statement.

please define "depth" as Gray foxdie understands it.

i hope you see where i'm going with this.
---
#67DaGr1nChPosted 1/25/2013 3:11:23 PM
bearded_moose posted...
sworder posted...
bearded_moose posted...

No.

*grabs popcorn*
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden
#68bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 3:13:01 PM
oh boy, time for an in-thread poll:

favorite popcorn flavor... GO GO GO!!!

mines classic white cheddar.
---
#69sworderPosted 1/25/2013 3:14:40 PM
bearded_moose posted...

Would him defining depth incorrectly negate the fact that his statement is wrong?
#70bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 3:21:23 PM
no, it would mean that in his experience (could be argued that he's not a high-level player) it is how he described it.

it's not just opinion, but also perspective that allows us to express ourselves.

and i still question how necessary it is/was to enter a topic with the express purpose of invalidating someone.

(yes, i'm aware that i'm attempting to be the boards conscience, as i am duly aware that it's an already lost cause, but if i don't TRY, then i'll be disappointed in myself.)
---