Seriously I don't understand why the majority of people bash this game....

#71DaGr1nChPosted 1/25/2013 3:22:21 PM
bearded_moose posted...
oh boy, time for an in-thread poll:

favorite popcorn flavor... GO GO GO!!!

mines classic white cheddar.

I'm in Baltimore and we've got this old bay seasoned popcorn.
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden
#72sworderPosted 1/25/2013 3:25:04 PM
bearded_moose posted...
no, it would mean that in his experience (could be argued that he's not a high-level player) it is how he described it.

it's not just opinion, but also perspective that allows us to express ourselves.

and i still question how necessary it is/was to enter a topic with the express purpose of invalidating someone.

(yes, i'm aware that i'm attempting to be the boards conscience, as i am duly aware that it's an already lost cause, but if i don't TRY, then i'll be disappointed in myself.)

It always bothers people when others try to pass their opinions as fact, even tho it was probably accidental this time

Had TC said something like "It is easier for me to do more combos in this game than in the past DMC" then no one would have had a problem with it.
#73PhaseSlaethePosted 1/25/2013 3:25:36 PM
DaGr1nCh posted...
bearded_moose posted...
oh boy, time for an in-thread poll:

favorite popcorn flavor... GO GO GO!!!

mines classic white cheddar.

I'm in Baltimore and we've got this old bay seasoned popcorn.

...Dude. Sweet.
#74DaGr1nChPosted 1/25/2013 3:26:41 PM
bearded_moose posted...
no, it would mean that in his experience (could be argued that he's not a high-level player) it is how he described it.

it's not just opinion, but also perspective that allows us to express ourselves.

and i still question how necessary it is/was to enter a topic with the express purpose of invalidating someone.

(yes, i'm aware that i'm attempting to be the boards conscience, as i am duly aware that it's an already lost cause, but if i don't TRY, then i'll be disappointed in myself.)

This directly goes back to a point I've been making for the last 2 weeks. People post these combo mad videos and I guarantee that 99% of the people on this board can't pull of half the techniques in them. As I said before its all grandstanding to try to prove a point that doesn't need to be proven.
---
"It's only after you've lost everything that you are truly free to do anything." - Tyler Durden
#75bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 3:30:50 PM
sworder posted...
bearded_moose posted...

It always bothers people when others try to pass their opinions as fact, even tho it was probably accidental this time

Had TC said something like "It is easier for me to do more combos in this game than in the past DMC" then no one would have had a problem with it.

why the problem with it anyways? is the need for confrontation so ingrained into us as a species that we are compelled to engage in the first conflict that presents itself??? or is it something i'm failing to consider?

i know when someone says "this game is great" that they're expressing an opinion even though they didn't phrase it as such. most people can make this distinction. why isn't that enough?
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
#76sworderPosted 1/25/2013 3:31:51 PM
bearded_moose posted...
why the problem with it anyways? is the need for confrontation so ingrained into us as a species that we are compelled to engage in the first conflict that presents itself??? or is it something i'm failing to consider?

i know when someone says "this game is great" that they're expressing an opinion even though they didn't phrase it as such. most people can make this distinction. why isn't that enough?

This is the DmC board and everything must always be an argument about something!
#77DaGr1nChPosted 1/25/2013 3:32:29 PM
bearded_moose posted...
sworder posted...
bearded_moose posted...

LOL, lets go.
---
#78bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 3:35:06 PM
sworder posted...
bearded_moose posted...

This is the internet and everything must always be an argument about something!

"fix'd" for comedic purposes.

i just want to thank you Sworder (and everyone else who has participated in this thread). i really needed to get that all off my chest. it's been bothering me that this board has been so rife with conflict, and i needed to express that.

also,@ Gr1nch: what is "old bay seasoned" popcorn?!
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
#79DaGr1nChPosted 1/25/2013 3:40:55 PM
bearded_moose posted...
sworder posted...
bearded_moose posted...

This is the internet and everything must always be an argument about something!

"fix'd" for comedic purposes.

i just want to thank you Sworder (and everyone else who has participated in this thread). i really needed to get that all off my chest. it's been bothering me that this board has been so rife with conflict, and i needed to express that.

also,@ Gr1nch: what is "old bay seasoned" popcorn?!

Maryland is known for its crabs and there's a seasoning that is used on alot of the seafood that is actually made here called Old Bay Seasoning. Utz makes a what is essentially called crab flavored popcorn. Its just Popcorn with Old Bay Seasoning on it. it's friggin delicious.
---
#80Psychochild27Posted 1/25/2013 3:43:24 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
Well... call me casual but I did finish DMC1, DMC3 and DmC at Dante Must Die. If that's casual for you....

Not to understate your accomplishment, but all that means is that you beat the hardest difficulty in the game, it doesn't necessarily means you've mastered or even really explored the combat system to a significant degree in DMC3's (And especially DMC4's) case.

Will replay DMC4 very soon as it's the only one that I played since a long time but I dont' remember you could do crazy combo as in DmC. Dante in DMC4 is very cool but you always need to change his style.

You can get a lot of mileage out of Royal Guard, Swordmaster and Darkslayer alone. Not much worse than switching between two weapons on the D-pad.