Seriously I don't understand why the majority of people bash this game....

#81Agito_KingPosted 1/25/2013 4:43:52 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
From what I see, the answer to my question is that DmC is different than past Japanese DMCs and it is not as Hardcore as before.

I understand and agree to this point of view (as I was on the same side of the fence not even a week ago) but to be fair, DmC should be compared to all games....

DMC HD Collection is there for the rest of you who can't appreciate a good game when they play one.

Personally I will be waiting for a sequel to DmC and a sequel to DMC4. Both will be Day 1 purchases.

I stopped reading this post at this point... For someone who questions why is there hate to a game, then ignores it basically to go on to call ones who answered back then goes to talk about fairness... Isn't really fair. From my point antis do compare the game fairly. If the game is Devil May Cry, it should be compared to what it is, a Devil May Cry name. If people sit back and go through all posts/ comments of the neutrals however that's where you get true unbiased thoughts on the game.

You can't really get that from antis who are hurt and betrayed and for the very tiny barely even mention-able amount whom are complete a-holes that send unnecessary threats etc etc. Nor can fairness be achieved from noncompassionate/ understanding pros whom are the ones who have the true superiority complex that belittle those who dedicated many hours perfecting their skills, or just simply loved the older DMCs whom I know people actually were heavily influenced by the old theme and looked up to Dante. Both sides are too opposing that they kinda have a hard time meeting halfway, which is ok just don't bring up fairness when you're going to brush aside ideas that you asked for.

As others have mentioned time over time, there are those who do call this game out for what it is. Yes as a western action game, it is a superb AAA fun game. I don't think anyone who is truly fair will deny that. What this game isn't however, a great game... It's fun but honestly by the standards set from the name it bears, it definitely falls short. Setting casuals, and hardcore now, the older DMC games were all very very much playable. Starting out you always had the ability to do flashy combos and everything in your arsenal from it's most basic form you could get through the whole game on the basic easy, normal, and hard mode fairly easy. There are those of the fans of the original that played DMC from all ages. This forum is proof on several of the age topics, there are players since they were 12-30s. The games were always enjoyable and accessible. Those who claimed the older games were too hard definitely should not have been playing a game based around it's style and challenge.

Now there are people who you can refer to as hard core. These people finished all the basic modes but they desired more. What the older DMCs allowed for was more, and no I'm not talking about just difficulty alone ala SOS or DMD but depth. Now correct me if I am wrong but no matter how you view "DmC" the depth was openly removed even stated by its creator to be even more easier than its predecessors. So now as a pro sit back and understand you're taking a series that many have dedicated a lot into and personally enjoyed and making it less than what it used to be.

As I mentioned before DMC was created on the foundation of style and difficulty. That noted I also mentioned the game also offered for those who wanted style but difficulty was second at hand. The originals did everything just fine and rewarded accordingly based on your dedication for the game. What DmC did however was nerf that foundation of reward. Now I'm not going to say it still isn't there... it is but as the devs stated it's very simplified to apparently give more people a taste of satisfaction from the old games... In doing this however it sacrificed that line of dedication many older players desired.
#82Agito_KingPosted 1/25/2013 4:43:58 PM
There is indeed still a learning curve and some sense of depth that still draws along the lines of reward but it is leaned more on the simpler side. In a sense it's kind of offensive. How should one feel if life there are two people whom both work in the same position and earns 6 figure pays yet one simply got the pay while one worked very hard for their position. Obviously you'd feel that it's not fair for another to simply get a position given to them while you worked hard for it. In essence that is the true problem with DmC as it's a slap in the face to the older fans. This triggered me to raise a question as to how little effort do people want things for in life these days. Sure the older series were hard but If you dedicated and stuck by it, the reward was a very satisfying experience, And if you were just in it for the fun, granted you didn't get rewarded as much but the option was still there to just play and enjoy the game for what it is without punishing yourself. You get what you worked for basically/ Why break what isn't broken in favor for just one side when we as the consumer used to have options? Those who disagree watch these two videos and see the difference in high level play.

this takes longer to be able to master and do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e23c_HDPo7Y

as opposed to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55xnoNkHxFc&list=UU0Ch4LvWjg0JEOLFD6j0wdw&index=1

Now however I am going to defend this game as a neutral. This game is fun. Plain and simple. Yes it does aim to please others a bit more by allowing them to do more with less effort and cutting quite a bit of options for those who do put effort in as there's little change even if you do dedicate to this game, the rewards aren't as satisfying. But does this entitle people the ability to not enjoy it? Of course not, anyone who plays this game has the ability to have fun with it as a normal game. It's not delivering the freedom of a DMC but it is a great polished hack and slash game that is very fun in it's own right even at a lowered level. Even if you dislike it you don't have to make others not enjoy it to be able to justify your life. Back to the two guys with the same job. This is not a situation where someone cheated their way up the ladder to get where you are.

This situation is where the guy simply was just given what you worked hard for, yes it is unfair but you kinda can't hate the guy either for accepting a good position that was handed to him. That's how life is in this situation and others are simply given what you worked hard for which is unfair yea but what can you do really by hating the guy who just took what was given to him, it's not really his fault. Closing comments from me a random dude who wanted to maybe make peace who has 0 effect on your lives, there are definitely mixed ideas on this game. There are people who probably played the classic DMC to it's maxed who love this game. There are people who played classic DMC as a casual who hate this game because maybe they do want to get up to hardcore but the line of hardcore and casual here is now thin. Yea the old DMC games do exist so people can just go back to playing them but that's a double edged sword as you guys can easily go and play a different more lighter hack and slash game without even touching or changing DMC into DmC because as I've stated before anyone could've played the older games, it's just back then if you didn't work for it, you wouldn't be rewarded.

But things are things, so I just take this game for what it is... Both a slap in the face as I loved the older series but a new door for people who want a different take that I acknowledge as fun but won't ever get for myself.
#83Malus_X6Posted 1/25/2013 4:44:11 PM
Maryland is known for its crabs and there's a seasoning that is used on alot of the seafood that is actually made here called Old Bay Seasoning. Utz makes a what is essentially called crab flavored popcorn. Its just Popcorn with Old Bay Seasoning on it. it's friggin delicious.

Heh... You said "crabs."
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#84chufaPosted 1/25/2013 4:45:09 PM
OP: Because Dante's hair is not white.
---
How to start a fight in the internet:
1. Express an opinion. 2. Wait.
#85Agito_KingPosted 1/25/2013 4:49:10 PM
sorry for wall of text
#86Malus_X6Posted 1/25/2013 4:51:32 PM(edited)

*sighs*

It's crap like this that makes me seriously ponder why backhanding someone in an instance like this is considered "unacceptable."
---
#87bearded_moosePosted 1/25/2013 4:53:02 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

*sighs*

It's crap like this that makes me seriously ponder why backhanding someone in and instance like this is considered "unacceptable."

just ignore him. the great thing about people who do stuff like that is they're easy to spot and easier to ignore.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
#88The_Undying_84Posted 1/25/2013 5:02:09 PM
It's pretty comically easy and the story/dialogue/characters are vomit inducing.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#89Malus_X6Posted 1/25/2013 5:03:09 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

*sighs*

It's crap like this that makes me seriously ponder why backhanding someone in and instance like this is considered "unacceptable."

just ignore him. the great thing about people who do stuff like that is they're easy to spot and easier to ignore.

True, but the urge to backhand isn't so easy to ignore, much less suppress.
---
#90gamer6879403333Posted 1/25/2013 5:03:33 PM
bearded_moose posted...
(yes, i'm aware that i'm attempting to be the boards conscience, as i am duly aware that it's an already lost cause, but if i don't TRY, then i'll be disappointed in myself.)

I've been trying that for a week now, but it truly is impossible. But like you, I just can't help trying. Of course, I'm even crazier then you in that I try to talk sense to guys like Pes, someone you gave up with and just ignored... Which was probably the smart choice. But I'll probably keep making the dumb choice and keep trying with the hopeless ones anyway.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.