The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

All the negativity towards this game as helped convince me to ...

#1PiousmanPosted 1/25/2013 3:49:26 PM
go and purchase it!

I am not a big fan of the previous Devil May Cry games. I played the demo for DMC1 (way back in the day). I think the demo came with a Resident Evil game or something. I even ended up watching a friend play through most of the entire first game. It was cool, but I never got into it after that.
I think I played the demo for DMC4 when a friend of mine was trying to convince me to get it. I remember thinking that the demo game-play felt very stilted and awkward. It didn't appeal to me. (Please don't jump all over me - just giving my honest opinion.)

On the up side though, I am a big fan of Ninja Theory's last two titles - Heavenly Sword and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. They have a real talent for storytelling and having fantastic characters.

When I heard that Ninja Theory was doing a reboot treatment of the series I was actually pretty disappointed because I figured that they would be wasting their talent on this franchise rather than another original story or a sequel to one of their prior games.

I am going to interpret all the "hardcore franchise fans" dislike for the reboot as a good sign. It probably means that I will enjoy Ninja Theory's interpretation of the franchise much more than I would have if were cut from the same cloth as the prior entries.

In conclusion, I would like to thank the professional critics for their objective reviews that bolstered my interest in getting the game and the (incredibly vocal) disappointment of the franchise buffs for cementing the deal.

Play on.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 1/25/2013 3:54:16 PM
Good for you.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3PhaseSlaethePosted 1/25/2013 3:55:26 PM
An NT fanboy getting an NT game.

I just wrapped up the blogpost.
#4LordKaizerPosted 1/25/2013 3:57:03 PM(edited)
*sits on my royal chair next to dante's chair*
oh look, this topic again. we haven't seen this before. Am I right, guys?
#5Le_DerpstickPosted 1/25/2013 3:56:17 PM
So you're a born troll whose very existence is to troll, and you just wanted to troll the board by letting them know, knowing they'll be trolled?

Wow, TC, that sounds kinda like something an ass would do. Could always just tell your friends that. *cgh*
---
Mai waifu: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3729/maiwaifu.png
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/25/2013 3:56:26 PM
Piousman posted...
When I heard that Ninja Theory was doing a reboot treatment of the series I was actually pretty disappointed because I figured that they would be wasting their talent on this franchise rather than another original story or a sequel to one of their prior games.

What is wrong with people? Seriously.
#7D_RevolutionPosted 1/25/2013 3:57:14 PM
Not trying to sway your judgement on the game, but the story in those past 2 games were by different/experienced writers, this game's story was written in house.
---
Media Student, so I do not have too much time for vidya games anymore.
PSN: SOUL-Revolution
#8Psychochild27Posted 1/25/2013 3:57:20 PM
LordKaizer posted...
oh look, this topic again. we haven't seen this before. Am I right, guys?

... I sure as Hell haven't seen anyone claim to be a huge fan of Ninja Theory. This is a first.
#9PhaseSlaethePosted 1/25/2013 3:57:32 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Piousman posted...

What is wrong with people? Seriously.

Ahem?

On the up side though, I am a big fan of Ninja Theory's last two titles - Heavenly Sword and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. They have a real talent for storytelling and having fantastic characters.
#10LordKaizerPosted 1/25/2013 3:58:02 PM
Le_Derpstick posted...
So you're a born troll whose very existence is to troll, and you just wanted to troll the board by letting them know, knowing they'll be trolled?

Wow, TC, that sounds kinda like something an ass would do. Could always just tell your friends that. *cgh*

trolls have friends?