All the negativity towards this game as helped convince me to ...

#21LordKaizerPosted 1/25/2013 5:18:52 PM
Strelok posted...
Ninja Theory

Talent

Choose one.

why not choose something else?
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#22vgman94Posted 1/25/2013 5:20:26 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
An NT fanboy getting an NT game.

I just wrapped up the blogpost.

You do know that not everyone who likes this is a fan of NT? In fact, people may buy this game due to the negative attitude and become fans of NT due to this game. Because honestly, there's not many games that NT released to create many fans. There are plenty of reasons to like this game and complaining about some extremely hypertechnical problems with moves affected by framerate (which like 1 in 300 people would notice, and which are extremely split-second and miniscule in effect)) is not a good reason to dislike it.
#23Malus_X6Posted 1/25/2013 5:24:13 PM
Strelok posted...
Ninja Theory

Talent

Choose one.

why not choose something else?

I will choose free will.

God, I hate that song.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#24KyonFumoPosted 1/25/2013 5:29:56 PM
Piousman posted...
I would like to thank the professional critics for their objective reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oa3GlQP3Fo
---
No one cares about your computer specs.
PSN: flashfumoLIVE - Currently playing Devil May Cry 4.
#25Piousman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:47:01 PM
D_Revolution posted...
Not trying to sway your judgement on the game, but the story in those past 2 games were by different/experienced writers, this game's story was written in house.

Thank you for this information. I was aware that they had some high caliber help with the writing and production of Enslaved (which was my favorite Ninja Theory game so far), but I did not know that the Devil May Cry story was written entirely in house.

For those who may have misinterpreted my statement that working on a DMC game is a waste of Ninja Theory's talent, I think expanding my thoughts might help clear up any miss-understanding. It is not that I think that the DMC franchise is a waste of time for them to work on, it is because I feel that doing a major franchise like DMC brings along a lot of baggage and oversight from the prior publisher and the longtime fans.

This baggage often puts some significant limits on a developer's ability to create innovative and engaging stories, settings, and characters. I particularly liked the prior Ninja Theory games for their engaging stories, settings, and characters. It was this limit to their ability to be innovative that worried me when I initially heard the news that they were doing this title.

I also do not want you to read this and think that I am implying that the stories, settings, and characters of the prior DMC games were bad. I am sure they were great or they would not have been as popular as they were/are.

The biggest criticism I am seeing by the stalwart franchise fans is that the new game is not as intricate in the sense of the combat system. Which is totally fine with me and actually makes me think I will like it more than if it were as complex as the prior games.

I realize that there is a large fan-base for the ultra intricate combat system super high difficulty hack and slash action games. I, however, am not one a member of that group. I appreciate a moderately complex combat system (like prior Ninja Theory games had) but I give more importance to great story, setting, and characters.
#26SasukefirePosted 1/25/2013 6:00:25 PM
I am not a big fan of the previous Devil May Cry games. I played the demo for DMC1 (way back in the day). I think the demo came with a Resident Evil game or something. I even ended up watching a friend play through most of the entire first game. It was cool, but I never got into it after that.
I think I played the demo for DMC4 when a friend of mine was trying to convince me to get it. I remember thinking that the demo game-play felt very stilted and awkward. It didn't appeal to me. (Please don't jump all over me - just giving my honest opinion.)

Get the hell out.
---
Yu Narukami: Calm down.
#27Piousman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:01:15 PM
sworder posted...
ITT: lying

From your post I can tell the negativity had nothing to do with it.

And your reasoning is ... ?
#28KaptainK00lPosted 1/25/2013 6:54:45 PM
Piousman posted...
sworder posted...
ITT: lying

From your post I can tell the negativity had nothing to do with it.

And your reasoning is ... ?

Their reasoning is probably flawless, without a doubt ;0
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#29Malus_X6Posted 1/25/2013 9:52:15 PM
I think TC made a bit of a bonehead move though. If you see a game getting its ass handed to itself but you wanna know why, rent the damn thing. Buying because of the negativity... What if you actually DIDN'T like it? Well, no way you'll get your money back since you opened it. Trading it in would yield precisely dick.

Sure, you like it NOW, but what if another game comes around, gets loads of negativity, and you buy it, only to dislike it as much as everyone else? Bet you'll wish you rented or borrowed it then, huh?
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#30FishermanFriendPosted 1/25/2013 9:58:23 PM
I was in the same boat as you OP. If there has been one thing I've learned in all my time on the internet is that when large groups of people whine incessantly about something their opinion can be immediately dismissed.

If someone complains and makes such a huge deal out of something so insignificant it usually means they're unintelligent people, and if a bunch of unintelligent people are saying a game is terrible, it can only mean one thing.

The game is actually amazing. And turns out it is!