What do you mean hardcore

#1sundet84Posted 1/25/2013 3:20:04 PM
I see many DMC elits says that Dmc is easy and DMC was more hardcore?. But what do you mean when you say hardcore. Sure DmC is a little easyer then DMC 1-3. But it was no wear near the diffeculty of Ng, DS ore the old hard games from Nintendo. heck even super mario 3 has some levels that are harder then DMC 3-4. So the question is what dose hardcore mean fore you.
#2Lioyd_the_heroPosted 1/25/2013 3:21:59 PM
sundet84 posted...
I see many DMC elits says that Dmc is easy and DMC was more hardcore?. But what do you mean when you say hardcore. Sure DmC is a little easyer then DMC 1-3. But it was no wear near the diffeculty of Ng, DS ore the old hard games from Nintendo. heck even super mario 3 has some levels that are harder then DMC 3-4. So the question is what dose hardcore mean fore you.

They are just too blinded by fake nostalgia to admit this is good simply because it changed a few things.

Don't mind them, they have no arguements or valid reasons beyond "OMG ITS NOT ORIGINAL DANTE!!"

Honestly they just like to make noise and feel important.
---
PSN howling_red
#3PhaseSlaethePosted 1/25/2013 3:23:53 PM
It isn't base difficulty alone.

The combat system was entirely watered down in DmC from DMC proper.

Or otherwise known as casualized.
#4wwinterj25Posted 1/25/2013 3:24:47 PM
Hardcore to me means harder. I'm on my Son of Sparda playtrough of DmC and on the last boss however I'd say Devil May Cry 3 was harder than this and that was on normal.
In other words I assume this games Dante Must Die mode is the same as normal mode on DMC 3 so DMC 3 is more hardcore.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#5sundet84(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 3:25:56 PM
Lioyd_the_hero posted...
sundet84 posted...

They are just too blinded by fake nostalgia to admit this is good simply because it changed a few things.

Don't mind them, they have no arguements or valid reasons beyond "OMG ITS NOT ORIGINAL DANTE!!"

Honestly they just like to make noise and feel important.

Yeah i know. But it would bee fun to hear peoples definition of hardcore. I don`t think the anwsers will be the same.
#6sfvfkofPosted 1/25/2013 3:34:54 PM
To me it means, difficulty of the game AND unlocking the depth to it.

So not only being great at defeating tough bosses/areas but being able to do it in a way that takes advantage to all the nuances of the combat engine/system all while looking, of course, SSStylish.
#7sundet84(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 3:39:15 PM
sfvfkof posted...

So not only being great at defeating tough bosses/areas but being able to do it in a way that takes advantage to all the nuances of the combat engine/system all while looking, of course, SSStylish.

those are pretty high demands in a game. Both hig difficulty, Smart AI and complex combat controls
#8tehheadPosted 1/25/2013 3:56:46 PM
i sure has my ass whopped back in DMC3....
in DMC4 to certain extent

and enemy design in this game seem to be very based on rag dolls (training bags you hit as much as you can)
#9LordKaizerPosted 1/25/2013 4:12:50 PM
sundet84 posted...
sfvfkof posted...

those are pretty high demands in a game. Both hig difficulty, Smart AI and complex combat controls

DMC 4 didn't have these problems and still holds up by today's standards (not to mention LDK mode).
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#10sundet84(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 4:17:57 PM
LordKaizer posted...
sundet84 posted...
sfvfkof posted...

DMC 4 didn't have these problems and still holds up by today's standards (not to mention LDK mode).

I don`t know how the pc version was but on the ps3. DMC 4 was easier then DMC 1-3