Well, well, well... look who's at number #1 at Steam's (PC) Top Sellers...

#11Vault_ZeroPosted 1/25/2013 4:52:07 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
Vault_Zero posted...
OMG, looks like it is outselling all those bundles of old games and unknown indie games. Well done DmC. Well done.

I guess you're not familiar with the popularity of bundles and the big Steam discounts that make lots of people, even those that don't care for PC gaming, buy stuff at their store.

Oh well, it's not like I didn't foretell what some people here would say in my first post.

I know it, but I prefer GOG for it's DRM free.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#12SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 4:54:38 PM
laskal posted...
I never get into this arguments over sales but... this time I will.. Is there any competition? What other new games are there?

It's the only AAA title release for the PC at Steam this month, I believe. The biggest competitors for games on Steam are always the Midweek Madness games (BIG game bundles or recent titles with 50%+ discount) and Weekend Sales, though.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#13SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:27:41 PM(edited)
Vault_Zero posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Vault_Zero posted...
OMG, looks like it is outselling all those bundles of old games and unknown indie games. Well done DmC. Well done.

I guess you're not familiar with the popularity of bundles and the big Steam discounts that make lots of people, even those that don't care for PC gaming, buy stuff at their store.

Oh well, it's not like I didn't foretell what some people here would say in my first post.

I like GOG, but their game library is not as good as Steam's so far. It's lovely that they don't have DRM, though.

Edit: They're... auto-correct, love it...
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#14KaptainK00lPosted 1/25/2013 4:58:02 PM
I was gonna say that they were coming, but they're already here.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#15Vault_ZeroPosted 1/25/2013 4:58:38 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
Vault_Zero posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Vault_Zero posted...

I like GOG, but they're game library is not as good as Steam's so far. It's lovely that they don't have DRM, though.

Give it some time. As you know, GOG is not as old as steam. I bid Steam farewell a while ago with the sole exception of Valve products. No other choice really. I do hate the 'Always Online' requirements.

I meant no offence before btw. I don't think the game is selling good regardless. Not sure what it matters. I said farewell to Capcom a long time ago.
---
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
#16AiddonPosted 1/25/2013 4:59:52 PM
congrats, it's #1 in a month where there is NO substantial competition. Not exactly hard to be an opponent when said opponent is ASLEEP
#17Psychochild27Posted 1/25/2013 5:00:04 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
laskal posted...
I never get into this arguments over sales but... this time I will.. Is there any competition? What other new games are there?

It's the only AAA title release for the PC at Steam this month, I believe. The biggest competitors for games on Steam are always the Midweek Madness games (BIG game bundles or recent titles with 50%+ discount) and Weekend Sales, though.

I wonder how much Ni No Kuni ended up cutting into the PS3 sales in the US, as it appeared to be unreasonably popular on Gamestop (#5 now, was #1 in preorders all week of DmC's release while DmC's sitting at #25) and Amazon (#7 for all platforms, DmC's not even on the Top 100 list anymore)
#18Xtreme65Posted 1/25/2013 5:00:54 PM
Actually the fact it sells better than most of the cheap stuff up there is kind of a testament.

People download older games from steam ALL the time because of the great deals.

Sure there isn't any new releases worthy of note on PC but this still says that people are interested in the game. Seriously stop coming up with excuses with why its number 1. The fact is it IS number 1 which means people ARE buying it more than any other product out there. Just because it has to compete with old games doesn't mean anything, some old games are still selling like crazy.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#19Mystickay86Posted 1/25/2013 5:02:00 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
Actually the fact it sells better than most of the cheap stuff up there is kind of a testament.

People download older games from steam ALL the time because of the great deals.

Sure there isn't any new releases worthy of note on PC but this still says that people are interested in the game. Seriously stop coming up with excuses with why its number 1. The fact is it IS number 1 which means people ARE buying it more than any other product out there. Just because it has to compete with old games doesn't mean anything, some old games are still selling like crazy.

^This, but you know those Anti's will downplay any chance given, though the posters in this topic argument flatout sucks.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#20StrelokPosted 1/25/2013 5:18:14 PM
I'm betting that if Dragonborn was released at the same time Dragonborn would have been 1.

Also, most of those bundles and cheap games?
Holiday sale 9with WAY better deals!) is barely a month ago.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg