Well, well, well... look who's at number #1 at Steam's (PC) Top Sellers...

#21vgman94Posted 1/25/2013 4:24:12 PM
ReliusClover posted...
Good taste is a rarity these days. Your point?

True, the hatred of DmC is proof of that. But it's not like it hasn't happened before. From old classics like Crash Bandicoot's final games, to Legend of Spyro, to Sonic, to Silent Hill: Book of Memories, RE6, this game.... I'm shocked MGR hasn't gotten as many complaints (although it is a double standard to like MGR's change, but despise DmC's. Both look drastically different from their predecessors).

And in case that opening line makes you think I'm naive, I will just clarify that I was being sarcastic. I know your line was meant to bash DmC (again).
#22Malus_X6Posted 1/25/2013 4:25:40 PM
I'm betting that if Dragonborn was released at the same time Dragonborn would have been 1.

Also, most of those bundles and cheap games?
Holiday sale 9with WAY better deals!) is barely a month ago.

Hell, just wait when the PS3 gets all three next month. I estimate metric asstons of people will buy them up, especially since they'll be half price.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#23Pesmerga255Posted 1/25/2013 4:25:59 PM
although it is a double standard to like MGR's change, but despise DmC's. Both look drastically different from their predecessors

Not really. MGR is a spinoff, DmC is a reboot. Two completely different situations.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#24SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 4:34:18 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
although it is a double standard to like MGR's change, but despise DmC's. Both look drastically different from their predecessors

Not really. MGR is a spinoff, DmC is a reboot. Two completely different situations.

MGR does get its fair share of hate from the fan base though, specially because they're skeptical about how the story will play out, since Kojima studios representatives already said the story of this game is Canon. The Metal Gear fanbase, though, specially those who aren't familiar with the Hack N' Slash genre, are more willing to try the new game than the DMC fan base is willing to try DmC.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#25ShengaliPosted 1/25/2013 4:35:04 PM
That's actually really nice that it's doing well.

And I'm being serious here. If I had a PC that could do it, I'd definitely lean towards getting the PC version as opposed to the others - from everything we've seen and heard there should be no argument that it's the superior version. Heck, it even runs at 60fps and the graphics (especially limbo) look wwwwaaayyyyy better than they do on either console. Good job Steam!

That being said, I still can't wait to actually get some concrete US numbers. Although it's doing well on Steam, I don't think the numbers are going to be enough to overshadow the low sales in UK & Japan.

@vgman94:
You apparently missed the $hit$torm that was the MGR boards when the game was first announced. Oh yes, there was plenty of hatred and hell to be found there. However, pretty much all of that died off when they announced the next MGS game and people finally came to grips with MGR being a separate entity. Again: Capcom has stated the future of DMC rides upon the sales of DmC - for good or bad. Do we know what those sales mean? No, but it's understandable that people are more upset about this than a game which doesn't affect the main series.

TAKE THE HINT CAPCOM!! ANNOUNCE DMC5!!!!!!!!
#26GhidoranPosted 1/25/2013 4:35:26 PM
Since when do you need to be always online to play Steam? You know there's an offline mode? Suggesting that Steam is DRM is laughable, like you guys have never gone against real DRM before...*cough* EA and Securom *cough*
---
Movie, comic and game reviews from yours truly:
http://mcgreviews.blogspot.com
#27ZeroX91Posted 1/25/2013 4:35:48 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...
There is also nothing else to really get right now.

Seriously. It's up against Arma, Chivalry and The Cave. I'd be shocked if it wasn't #1.

Hey! Chivalry is AWESOME!!!
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibyOMDcyO3U
#28Capitan_KidPosted 1/25/2013 4:44:34 PM
Lol at antis trying to downplay DmCs greatness. Number 1 again! It just keeps topping charts.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#29SHMYazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 4:45:22 PM
Ghidoran posted...
Since when do you need to be always online to play Steam? You know there's an offline mode? Suggesting that Steam is DRM is laughable, like you guys have never gone against real DRM before...*cough* EA and Securom *cough*

Oh, I believe none of us think it's worse than Ubisoft's DRM or Games for Windows Live, but it has a few problems like late updates (Steam needs to approve the content, so sometimes they release the update weeks after its release) and needing to be online first to change to offline mode (a problem that happens since Steam started to exist).
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#30LoshadtPosted 1/25/2013 4:48:35 PM
It's competing with literally NOTHING right now on the first day of its release.

the fact that it's the number one seller right now is not shocking in the least.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.