Well, well, well... look who's at number #1 at Steam's (PC) Top Sellers...

#61Abiz_Posted 1/25/2013 9:22:55 PM
You do realize you're comparing DmC to Dark Souls right?
I don't even have Dark Souls (yet) and all I've really heard is good things about it.

Plus it was like 5 dollar during the xmas sale. Even though it was a terrible port we love our games dirt cheap. Once DmC hits that price you will see it's player jump like DS did.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#62cyanide_suicidePosted 1/25/2013 9:33:02 PM
Abiz_ posted...
You do realize you're comparing DmC to Dark Souls right?
I don't even have Dark Souls (yet) and all I've really heard is good things about it.

Plus it was like 5 dollar during the xmas sale. Even though it was a terrible port we love our games dirt cheap. Once DmC hits that price you will see it's player jump like DS did.

The difference is Dark Souls is one of the best games to come out in years. DmC is essentially DMC2 2.
#63Abiz_Posted 1/25/2013 9:34:33 PM(edited)
The difference is Dark Souls is one of the best games to come out in years..

For Console yes. For pc it's not good. They ****** up bad.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#64LoshadtPosted 1/25/2013 9:36:19 PM
For Console yes. For pc it's not good. They ****** up bad.

On a technical level it is bad, but gameplay-wise Dark Souls is one of the best games released in the past 5 years.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#65C810Posted 1/25/2013 11:34:12 PM
Shengali posted...
You apparently missed the $hit$torm that was the MGR boards when the game was first announced. Oh yes, there was plenty of hatred and hell to be found there. However, pretty much all of that died off when they announced the next MGS game and people finally came to grips with MGR being a separate entity. Again: Capcom has stated the future of DMC rides upon the sales of DmC - for good or bad. Do we know what those sales mean? No, but it's understandable that people are more upset about this than a game which doesn't affect the main series.

TAKE THE HINT CAPCOM!! ANNOUNCE DMC5!!!!!!!!

I'd say this is probably pretty accurate. If DmC was a spin off or its sales didn't decide if DMC 5 will be made, I think people wouldn't be so up in arms. With MGR, more can be forgiven. Since Ground Zeroes has already been announced, MGR is a spin off series that doesn't affect MGS (at least gameplay wise, story wise, who knows), and MGS 5 has been teased (read: Phantom Pain). Also, DmC's story comes across as edgy and over the top. MGR is probably going to be over the top too, but in a more Kojima-esque convoluted fashion.

I'm not looking to start a war, but I'm just saying why MGR can be more forgiven then DmC.
---
"Modern Biology is Chemistry, modern Chemistry is Physics, and modern Physics is...crazy." - Mark Peyron
#66yahya_no_1Posted 1/25/2013 11:41:22 PM
TC what are you talking about?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/68710573.jpg/

Did you take that 5 sec about the lunch date?
---
PSN:yahyano1
#67SilentS89Posted 1/25/2013 11:48:53 PM
yahya_no_1 posted...

Woah, wait a sec, is Dragonborn DLC out for PC now?
#68Psychochild27Posted 1/25/2013 11:53:19 PM(edited)
SilentS89 posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...

No, it's available February 5th which makes its sudden appearance on Steam even more baffling - was it just uploaded for pre-order today?

Edit: Yep. Just popped up on Steam today. Huh. I wonder if Ninja Theory had a chance to tweet its PC success on Steam before Dragonborn went NOPE.
#69yahya_no_1Posted 1/25/2013 11:53:12 PM(edited)
^That's a pre-order, it says Feb 5 under it

Wait just noticed it, a pre-order of a DLC from a 6 month old game is outselling DmC 1 day after its lunch date
---
PSN:yahyano1
#70SilentS89Posted 1/25/2013 11:52:26 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
SilentS89 posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...

No, it's available February 5th which makes its sudden appearance on Steam even more baffling - was it just uploaded for pre-order today?

Weak, pre-ordering DLC? For serious?