It must suck to hate this game so much

#41vgman94Posted 1/25/2013 8:16:27 PM
It does suck. Everyone is complaining about a "horrible" game which, if they had had no contact with DMC prior to this game, probably would've loved it. A mixture of fanboyism over minor mechanical differences and nostalgia makes it more common for newcomers to enjoy this game than old fans. At least for those of us who love the game, we didn't waste 60 bucks, it was money well-spent.
#42tairaa1991Posted 1/25/2013 8:26:04 PM
i think its funny every topic to have love for the game is called a troll topic...but hey...it IS gamefaqs lol...but yes...this is an amazing game...i have soooo much more fun with this than dmc4...not many games have me play through it 3 times in a row before i stop...only stopped so it wouldnt get stale...like spiderman SD.....huge spidey fan...but i played that WAY too much...dont want DmC to be the same, just beat DmD..love the combat, just wished enemies werte better variety...but that DID give somewhat of a challenge level...SOMEWHAT...peopl;e say DmC's style is sooo easy...yes...it IS easier..but...it was REALLY easy to get S or higher in dmc3 and 4....since i had a TON of ufn with the game...its a WIN 10/10...ERMAGERDF UR NOT A REEL FAN...is what ill get from this...but meh...
---
Gamertag-Tairaa91
Psn-Tairaa1991
#43vgman94Posted 1/25/2013 8:26:39 PM
Chickenfrogman posted...
FishermanFriend posted...
Chickenfrogman posted...
I'm enjoying myself playing other games that aren't casualized crap and also enjoying watching this game's sales flounder compared to DMC4.

Ya you sound like you're enjoying your self so much.

You don't sound bitter and angry at all lol

/sarcasm

Oh I am bitter that this piece of **** was made and murdered a series I was quite fond of. Doesn't mean it ruins other games for me. It just kills the chance of a DMC5, which I've looked forward to since being introduced to the series by 4.

Murdered a series? Dude, you are part of the ones murdering it! Instead of enjoying a modernized franchise (aesthetic-wise) and enjoying the game's gameplay for what it is, rather than complaining about minor combat changes (seriously, who in their right mind cares about the I-frames of Osiris and what sane person complains about Eryx's awesome S-ranking potential?). To anyone normal, this game is awesome and has great combat. Fisherman has been taking a very kind and uncondescending attitude compared to what some others might have said. You should be a little more humble and happy he didn't just chew you out. He said nothing truly condescending aside from "sucks to be you", because while we're enjoying an amazing game, you obsess over flaws most fanbases don't even think of when playing a game. If more positive people come about, this game will get a sequel and who knows, it may grow into the type of gameplay you like.
#44ChickenfrogmanPosted 1/25/2013 8:40:54 PM
Un-condescending? I assume you have the reading comprehension of a fish.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#45vgman94Posted 1/25/2013 8:50:18 PM
Chickenfrogman posted...

For someone who considers anything not frustrating to be "casualized crap", I doubt you're someone with the credentials to say what reading good reading comprehension is. You seem like you don't even have any gaming comprehension (of either why they changed it, why the subtle-beyond-subtle mechanics are unimportant to the enjoyment of the game, or why other people enjoy it). And the fact that you don't try any counter-arguments makes me disappointed. And it's hard to disappoint someone who has seen this type of criticism of games for the last 6 years.
#46FishermanFriend(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 8:52:12 PM
vgman94 posted...
Chickenfrogman posted...

For someone who considers anything not frustrating to be "casualized crap", I doubt you're someone with the credentials to say what reading good reading comprehension is. You seem like you don't even have any gaming comprehension (of either why they changed it, why the subtle-beyond-subtle mechanics are unimportant to the enjoyment of the game, or why other people enjoy it). And the fact that you don't try any counter-arguments makes me disappointed. And it's hard to disappoint someone who has seen this type of criticism of games for the last 6 years.

pwned
#47antking61Posted 1/25/2013 9:01:14 PM
Well you certainly didn't deter me. :)

Not really sure how that matters at all.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#48ChickenfrogmanPosted 1/25/2013 9:09:20 PM
That's an adorable rant if you're really calling the old games "frustrating." I'm quite a bit more frustrated when control keeps being taken away from me in the middle of gameplay for terrible cutscenes accompanied by a poor, incredibly badly written narrative that claimed it would be great then I get frustrated with a game that's actually challenging enough that I keep sleepwalking through it. Sorry that I don't like a game in this genre that doesn't ask me to put in effort.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#49Aaron_GPosted 1/25/2013 9:17:44 PM
TC, you seemed to have started a huge riot by saying you actually enjoy the game.

But hey, I'm glad you like it! I haven't picked it up yet but I really enjoyed the demo and i'm loving what I've seen from the game so far. The one good thing about the hate, is that the game will get a price drop fairly quickly so I'll wait until then. :D
---
PSN: Aaron_G__
#50FishermanFriend(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 9:20:58 PM
antking61 posted...
Well you certainly didn't deter me. :)

Not really sure how that matters at all.

Really? You're not sure how it matters? I'll tell you how it matters.

You said those messages of hate are meant for the people who haven't made the purchase yet, not for people who already own it.

Well, I read all those messages of hate before I bought it, and it didn't stop me from buying it. It didn't deter me.

So considering you just said the whole point is you're trying to stop people from buying it, and I'm someone who still bought it.....that's how it matters.

I still bought it. The messages of hate didn't deter me :)