I don't understand why people assume DmC selling poorly gets you DMC5...

#11InfiniteDemisePosted 1/25/2013 9:37:43 PM
GoombaX posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Well, Capcom said there'd be more DMC by 2015, but not which one.

If DmC sells well, logically they'd make DmC2.

If it does poorly (which so far, it is), they'd probably go back to the original series.

Capcom has tried very hard to market this as completely separate from the old DMC series. They might not can the whole series, they might just put one away for a while. If Capcom sees that DmC is less successful than DMC, and with all the people complaining that this isn't the DMC they wanted, Capcom might see some potential profit in a DMC5.

i see people saying its selling poorly but its topping sales charts.

It's easy to come in first place if you're the only one competition..
---
" Its said that God made the universe and wants everyone to praise him.... Talk about an egomaniac "
#12wwinterj25Posted 1/25/2013 9:38:29 PM
GoombaX posted...

A new game out in January would do that due to the lack of competition. The deal here is DmC has not yet reached Capcoms expectations. DMC 4 sold a lot more. Capcom can make DMC 5 and it'll sell more than DmC for that reason they could make DMC 5 next and then go back to DmC 2. Honestly I wouldn't mind if the series took it in turns like that.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#13smithkakarotPosted 1/25/2013 9:39:19 PM
Meh, it's worth a shot.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#14tehdudPosted 1/25/2013 9:41:44 PM
if the series is dead let it RIP. dont **** its corpse, which is what DmC is about.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#15cyanide_suicidePosted 1/25/2013 9:41:50 PM
GoombaX posted...

It's not hard to top the sales chart when you're the only thing out, kind of like how it's not hard to win a boxing match when your opponent never shows up.
#16DuuuDe14Posted 1/25/2013 9:42:34 PM
tehdud posted...
if the series is dead let it RIP. dont **** its corpse, which is what DmC is about.

Similar names we got here.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#17sworderPosted 1/25/2013 9:42:42 PM
I don't care if they kill the series. DmC2 is the same thing as no DMC to me.

If they make a sequel, it better be DMC5
#18AsellusPosted 1/25/2013 9:43:43 PM
Honestly the only thing I thought was disappointing about DMC4 was the reuse of areas, which all previous games in the series had done to some extent albeit not so blatantly. And I really don't get the logic that came up with "Okay, the previous entry was the best-selling one... so obviously people are tired of it, time to reboot!".

Devil May Cry (and, occasionally, properly capitalize) is still Capcom's 5'th largest franchise though. I doubt they'd put it out to pasture so easily.

First of all, didn't HD Collection sell pretty well recently?

Seems like, it's actually out-selling DmC on Amazon by quite a bit (#18 vs #73).
#19lowhighkang(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 9:45:18 PM
Good posts from a lot of you.

To respond to some of them.

Yeah, DmC is charting number 1 in a lot of places, it's certainly selling well. But not as good as DMC4. The sales so far are much closer to DMC3 all considered.

To a lot of you saying that you won't support this game...that makes sense if that's what you want to do? But wouldn't you agree that going out of your way to convince others who generally might enjoy this game to be a bit...I don't know, manipulative?

I still firmly believe that any entry in the Devil May Cry franchise, be it spin off or not, ultimately reflect upon the quality of said franchise. We don't need DmC to sell poorly for there not to be a DMC5. In fact, if DmC does strongly enough, it's entirely possible that the franchise can exist in parallel. NT working on DmC2 and Capcom Japan working on DMC5.

Funny thing is, you guys should actually be protesting Dragon's Dogma if you really want to go after something. Because the DMC3/DMC4 team is working on that. If Dragon's Dogma is a success, there is no need for the DMC team to go back to DMC5 when they can work on Dragon's Dogma 2. LOL, kind of interesting when you think of it like that. Because the whole reason why DMC was given to somebody else is because Itsuno wanted to try something else. If that something else proves to be a failure, he's likely to go back to DMC. Hm.
---
LHK
#20darkslayer001Posted 1/25/2013 9:48:37 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Well, Capcom said there'd be more DMC by 2015, but not which one.

If DmC sells well, logically they'd make DmC2.

If it does poorly (which so far, it is), they'd probably go back to the original series.

Capcom has tried very hard to market this as completely separate from the old DMC series. They might not can the whole series, they might just put one away for a while. If Capcom sees that DmC is less successful than DMC, and with all the people complaining that this isn't the DMC they wanted, Capcom might see some potential profit in a DMC5.

although logic doesnt apply to Capcom, I hope that they know lower sales for this games is majority/fans not wanting to play DmC and wanting to play DMC5.