I don't understand why people assume DmC selling poorly gets you DMC5...

#51DethaPosted 1/25/2013 10:51:13 PM(edited)
Steve_Teddie posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...
Dragon's Dogma sold 90,000.

It's getting a sequel.

Your theory is rebuked.

Dragon's Dogma sold over a million. You're high.

Proof? "Sold" isn't the same as "shipped."

To whom, you silly person? To Capcom? Stores pay up front, they don't get to sell back unpurchased stock.

Either way, there are myriad sources (including NPD and media create, as well as VGChartz) that put it over a million. But I'll trust random internet person Detha, and his completely asinine 90k number instead.

I was asking for proof. I wasn't asking for you to trust me, so there's no need to act like a paranoid jerk about it. If a game sells bad, the shipping numbers won't mean as much when talks of a sequel come around.
---
i3 2130 3.4, 8gb 1600, 460 855/2065 http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#52GoreGrossPosted 1/25/2013 10:36:33 PM
@ GoreGross
I'm an avid gamer but I can't name a single kickstarter game.

And yes, your logic is as plausible and rational as all the other little ones, kicking and screaming on the internet.

Because 7 million people bought XIII week one. Right.

And Okami HD sales were high. Says who? You?

Keep up with your foolproof "internet" logic!

1.) The fact alone that the games born by Kickstarter exist is testament to my point. Not even considering their successes upon release, a community's willingness to pay for a game that might not even exist is a strong indication of interest - the strongest, obviously. It doesn't matter if you haven't heard of them as long as they have succeeded. As a matter of fact, it only further proves my point.

2.) I wouldn't define a discussion as kicking and screaming, but regard this as that if you will. I'm indifferent either way.

3) Not once did I say XIII did those numbers in a week. Where did you get that idea from? What I said is what I said and I am a testament to such. I loved the previous games, so I bought the newest, shiniest, most anticipated one. I was disappointed, but I was a consumer. Nothing I can do about it now. Not to mention the many who popped their Final Fantasy cherry with XIII, with little prior knowledge to past installments.

4.) Says me? No. Says the most downloaded on PSN and positive reaction among those new and old to the game.
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#53AsellusPosted 1/25/2013 10:37:21 PM
While DmC is topping the charts it still isn't pulling in the kind of money a normal chart topper would.

It's a slow month. Does anyone really think DmC would be topping any charts if it'd launched in the same month as Revengeance (which is actually beating it twice on Amazon's best seller chart as Revegeance is on #25 and the Revengeance Limited Edition is #56)?
#54rockman11_zPosted 1/25/2013 10:38:01 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...
Dragon's Dogma sold 90,000.

It's getting a sequel.

Your theory is rebuked.

Dragon's Dogma sold over a million. You're high.

Proof? "Sold" isn't the same as "shipped."

To whom, you silly person? To Capcom? Stores pay up front, they don't get to sell back unpurchased stock.

Either way, there are myriad sources (including NPD and media create, as well as VGChartz) that put it over a million. But I'll trust random internet person Detha, and his completely asinine 90k number instead.

LOL... this made me laugh....
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#55OmegaPosted 1/25/2013 10:41:37 PM
I didn't read any of the opening post but I am sure that if a dog licks peanut butter that his molars will grind the delicious swirls that kids love in every bite!
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#56Steve_TeddiePosted 1/25/2013 10:41:47 PM
@ GoreGross

And yes, your logic is as plausible and rational as all the other little ones, kicking and screaming on the internet.

1.) The fact alone that the games born by Kickstarter exist is testament to my point. Not even considering their successes upon release, a community's willingness to pay for a game that might not even exist is a strong indication of interest - the strongest, obviously. It doesn't matter if you haven't heard of them as long as they have succeeded. As a matter of fact, it only further proves my point.

2.) I wouldn't define a discussion as kicking and screaming, but regard this as that if you will. I'm indifferent either way.

3) Not once did I say XIII did those numbers in a week. Where did you get that idea from? What I said is what I said and I am a testament to such. I loved the previous games, so I bought the newest, shiniest, most anticipated one. I was disappointed, but I was a consumer. Nothing I can do about it now. Not to mention the many who popped their Final Fantasy cherry with XIII, with little prior knowledge to past installments.

4.) Says me? No. Says the most downloaded on PSN and positive reaction among those new and old to the game.

You liking something = good sales. Got it. You claimed huge sales, but have no idea. No idea if they even made their money back. Great logic.

And you cannot go from A to B without your hand being held I see. So, what I am saying is, counter to your whole fallacious argument, is the whole "internet" wailed and whined and moaned and still whine about 13 being the worst game ever. It sold 7 million.

Nobody cares about the internet. As for the Kickstarter thing, you said it made games famous. Hmm, no. Anyway, internet arguing is pointless. Good day.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7RZm.gif http://i.minus.com/jdhz8Qk44JjS5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#57rice_noodlesPosted 1/25/2013 10:48:49 PM
AHEM

http://i.imgur.com/GSoZyyB.png
#58SHMYazooPosted 1/25/2013 10:49:27 PM
Asellus posted...
While DmC is topping the charts it still isn't pulling in the kind of money a normal chart topper would.

It's a slow month. Does anyone really think DmC would be topping any charts if it'd launched in the same month as Revengeance (which is actually beating it twice on Amazon's best seller chart as Revegeance is on #25 and the Revengeance Limited Edition is #56)?

And the Metal Gear games have sold 26.5 million copies in the world and exist for a much longer time than the Devil May Cry games which haven't sold half of that number. Just check their forums, there are lots of people there who have NEVER played hack n' slash games and they're buying it for the story, as KONAMI people have already confirmed Revengeance is canon and not even a reboot or remake..
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#59GoreGrossPosted 1/25/2013 11:02:58 PM(edited)
@ GoreGross

You liking something = good sales. Got it. You claimed huge sales, but have no idea. No idea if they even made their money back. Great logic.

And you cannot go from A to B without your hand being held I see. So, what I am saying is, counter to your whole fallacious argument, is the whole "internet" wailed and whined and moaned and still whine about 13 being the worst game ever. It sold 7 million.

Nobody cares about the internet. As for the Kickstarter thing, you said it made games famous. Hmm, no. Anyway, internet arguing is pointless. Good day.

Can you point out where I said products I like have enjoyed good sales figures?

In regards to Kickstarter, I'll simplify my point. Games - they don't simply come to fruition. Someone pays for these things to happen. Some groups create popular established IPs that they can bank will make them returns on their work.

However, not all companies have a big fat check at the ready - that is where Kickstarter and my point come into play. Paying for a game that may or may not come to exist based on alpha trials, concept art, and in some cases a mere description is the extreme of support for a game. People do this everyday on Kickstarter. When a game can succeed (or even become a reality) on those merits alone, it has made a return for those involved.

I don't really understand everything else you're saying, if you could clarify. If not, nice chat.

---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#60embittererPosted 1/25/2013 11:28:32 PM
HellsController posted...
embitterer posted...
Chances are, if they are planning on making another DMC, it's probably already in the planning process. Sales, unless abysmal won't reflect too much on their decision. Considering DmC is still in the top 100 on amazon, I wouldn't call their sales abysmal at all. They likely haven't met their goal, but with the critic reception being so positive I wouldn't say that they're viewing DmC as a failure, but at the same time it isn't likely to sway the decision either way.

>claims that DmC is still in Top 100
>DMC HD is # 88
>DmC no where in sight

This is what pros actually believe.

I was actually looking at just the Playstation 3 list.
On the PS3 list, DmC is 73 (HD collection is much higher) On the 360 list it is 99 with HD being 68 or 69.

Oh, and don't drag me into your petty bull**** just because you can't see beyond your own view point. I am not pro, I am not anti. I don't play stupid, childish games with 20 somethings on the internet. I say what I want to say, I like what I like. I don't give a **** what you say or like or do so long as you don't involve me. If I argue with someone it is purely for entertainment value.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.