I don't understand why people assume DmC selling poorly gets you DMC5...

#61HellsControllerPosted 1/26/2013 1:06:12 AM
embitterer posted...
HellsController posted...
embitterer posted...
Chances are, if they are planning on making another DMC, it's probably already in the planning process. Sales, unless abysmal won't reflect too much on their decision. Considering DmC is still in the top 100 on amazon, I wouldn't call their sales abysmal at all. They likely haven't met their goal, but with the critic reception being so positive I wouldn't say that they're viewing DmC as a failure, but at the same time it isn't likely to sway the decision either way.

>claims that DmC is still in Top 100
>DMC HD is # 88
>DmC no where in sight

This is what pros actually believe.

I was actually looking at just the Playstation 3 list.
On the PS3 list, DmC is 73 (HD collection is much higher) On the 360 list it is 99 with HD being 68 or 69.

Oh, and don't drag me into your petty bull**** just because you can't see beyond your own view point. I am not pro, I am not anti. I don't play stupid, childish games with 20 somethings on the internet. I say what I want to say, I like what I like. I don't give a **** what you say or like or do so long as you don't involve me. If I argue with someone it is purely for entertainment value.

K.

Specify next time. But I gotta admit, it's cute seeing you get that angry.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#62rice_noodlesPosted 1/26/2013 1:12:16 AM
Randomly bringing up age. Entertaining indeed.
#63SilentS89Posted 1/26/2013 1:13:26 AM
rice_noodles posted...
Randomly bringing up age. Entertaining indeed.

Anyone else have a father that consistently misremembers your age?
#64vgman94Posted 1/26/2013 1:46:11 AM
About sales, I'd just like to leave this hear:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/dmc-devil-may-cry-is-a-failure.-and-a-success.-just-look-at-the-sales
#65vgbumPosted 1/26/2013 2:18:49 AM
^^ Similar name. High five!

Oh and uhh... I should say something on topic. Capcom sucks but they keep taking my money!
---
RIP MGO
#66CarpetfluffPosted 1/26/2013 2:40:56 AM(edited)
I also love the assumption that a DMC5 would magically be a perfect game that immediately takes the series back to the 'glory days'. The guys behind the older games aren't there any more. You have no idea who might end up making it and if they mess it up, that's your beloved original Dante destroyed forever - you'll have no get out clause like with the re-boot where you can pretend it doesn't exist or isn't canon,

I'd say, be careful what you wish for.
#67_Uwye_Posted 1/26/2013 2:41:35 AM
Steve_Teddie posted...
The HD Collection has had healthy sales figures, with a considerable spike (at least according to Amazon) as the release window to this game shortened. So for a bundle of games now about 7, 9, and 11 years old, the collection has been profitable for Capcom - I can't imagine it was at great expense to them to put together and upscale.
The anti-logic is simple. DMC is the beloved original series. DmC is the highly-experimental and amateur reboot by another developer. DMC1, DMC3, DMC4, and even DMC2 have enjoyed some great returns for Capcom - if DmC does not bring the money in, then, it will presumably be considered unprofitable and therefore discontinued. No, maybe the "Japanese fat cats" who write Capcom's checks for games wouldn't know or care much for the difference between the two, but we have the Internet. Interest in either DMC or DmC can be gauged through petitions, questionnaires, etc.

Hahaha at this terrible logic.

FFXIII is the worst game ever according to the "internet". It sold 7 million copies.

DMC2 sold 1.7 million copies.
#68ValedictorianXDPosted 1/26/2013 3:35:43 AM
One thing I'll never understand: Why spend millions of dollars to develop trash? Capcom could learn a thing or 2 from indie game devs that develop best sellers on a budget.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#69embittererPosted 1/26/2013 3:48:22 AM
I don't recall being angry. I was being frank, so that you don't mistake me for someone who wants to participate in your pissing match. If i was wrong about your age, I apologize. If you think it doesn't make a difference, you're wrong. No one over 25 ought to be worried over something so trivial as the decisions of a game developer. If they are then they are developmentally challenged. I agree that I should have specified which list I was looking at, but I was busy at the time and was on here ******* off while I should have been working.
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
#70_Uwye_Posted 1/26/2013 3:56:29 AM(edited)
Carpetfluff posted...
I also love the assumption that a DMC5 would magically be a perfect game that immediately takes the series back to the 'glory days'. The guys behind the older games aren't there any more. You have no idea who might end up making it and if they mess it up, that's your beloved original Dante destroyed forever - you'll have no get out clause like with the re-boot where you can pretend it doesn't exist or isn't canon,

I'd say, be careful what you wish for.

They are. I have absolutely no idea why people thinks that.