I don't understand why people assume DmC selling poorly gets you DMC5...

#81JangotheBlueFoxPosted 1/26/2013 6:04:02 AM
Asellus posted...
consumers voice they're opinions with they're wallets, we don't like what was done to devil may cry so we aren't going to drop $60. so capcom will get some sense and make DMC5. this worked with Prince of Persia, they rebooted the series,

I don't know if reboot's quite the right word for that, it's an entirely new scenario with no common characters or setting shared with the original. Yes, they called it "Prince of Persia" (and I hate it when games do that) but it might as well have been "Prince of Persia: Gaiden".

and how is that any different than DmC? if you change all of the proper nouns in DmC it could be its own game, completely separate from the devil may cry franchise.
---
Its just more badass when you kick someones ass while your half naked -Jango the BlueFox
#82CarpetfluffPosted 1/26/2013 6:28:28 AM
UnknownWin posted...
Carpetfluff posted...
I also love the assumption that a DMC5 would magically be a perfect game that immediately takes the series back to the 'glory days'. The guys behind the older games aren't there any more. You have no idea who might end up making it and if they mess it up, that's your beloved original Dante destroyed forever - you'll have no get out clause like with the re-boot where you can pretend it doesn't exist or isn't canon,

I'd say, be careful what you wish for.

They are. I have absolutely no idea why people thinks that.

Agree.

Many people forgot that DMC3 and DMC4 were not made by P* and Kamiya, And those two games were the best in the series.
The guys who made DMC3-4 are working on Dragon's Dogma. They still work for Capcom.

Okay, I should have put SOME of the guys. Better?
#83UnknownWinPosted 1/26/2013 6:29:31 AM
UnknownWin posted...
Carpetfluff posted...
I also love the assumption that a DMC5 would magically be a perfect game that immediately takes the series back to the 'glory days'. The guys behind the older games aren't there any more. You have no idea who might end up making it and if they mess it up, that's your beloved original Dante destroyed forever - you'll have no get out clause like with the re-boot where you can pretend it doesn't exist or isn't canon,

Agree.

Many people forgot that DMC3 and DMC4 were not made by P* and Kamiya, And those two games were the best in the series.
The guys who made DMC3-4 are working on Dragon's Dogma. They still work for Capcom.

None of the people who worked on DMC3 and DMC4 left Capcom :)
#84CarpetfluffPosted 1/26/2013 6:38:56 AM(edited)
UnknownWin posted...
UnknownWin posted...
Carpetfluff posted...

Agree.

None of the people who worked on DMC3 and DMC4 left Capcom :)

That point is moot; the point I'm making is that there's no guarantee that a DMC5 would be what people want it to be and wouldn't seeing that happen hurt more? The rest is just pedantic semantics.
#85UnknownWinPosted 1/26/2013 6:40:07 AM
Nope, If Itsuno and his team those who made DMC3-4 and Dragon's Dogma.
Developed DMC5, It will be the best Hack and Slash and DMC game ever.
#86zhaoyun99Posted 1/26/2013 6:48:23 AM
Asellus posted...
consumers voice they're opinions with they're wallets, we don't like what was done to devil may cry so we aren't going to drop $60. so capcom will get some sense and make DMC5. this worked with Prince of Persia, they rebooted the series,

I don't know if reboot's quite the right word for that, it's an entirely new scenario with no common characters or setting shared with the original. Yes, they called it "Prince of Persia" (and I hate it when games do that) but it might as well have been "Prince of Persia: Gaiden".

Man, That PoP was the abomination to the depth that the first 3 games had offer. I love the first trilogy. Those are baddass games.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#87AsellusPosted 1/26/2013 7:00:47 AM
and how is that any different than DmC? if you change all of the proper nouns in DmC it could be its own game, completely separate from the devil may cry franchise.

But they didn't. Compare to PoP 2008 though in which its Prince is not intended to be the same person as either the Sands trilogy Prince or even the old old dos-era Prince. It's not a reboot because there's nothing to be rebooted, everything was new other than the general parkour in a vaguely Arabian Nights'esque esthetic.

Man, That PoP was the abomination to the depth that the first 3 games had offer. I love the first trilogy. Those are baddass games.

Eh, honestly I kind of liked it. Not without its flaws and some pretty huge flaws at that (Hugely repetitive collection mechanic, annoying female lead, lame combat) but the setting was nice and the parkour was good.
#88zhaoyun99Posted 1/26/2013 7:06:43 AM
Asellus posted...

But they didn't. Compare to PoP 2008 though in which its Prince is not intended to be the same person as either the Sands trilogy Prince or even the old old dos-era Prince. It's not a reboot because there's nothing to be rebooted, everything was new other than the general parkour in a vaguely Arabian Nights'esque esthetic.

Eh, honestly I kind of liked it. Not without its flaws and some pretty huge flaws at that (Hugely repetitive collection mechanic, annoying female lead, lame combat) but the setting was nice and the parkour was good.

I think that game was practically tried to appeal the COD audience like this game which was pretty bad thing to do.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#89Sony_7Posted 1/26/2013 7:33:10 AM
I pity any anti who honestly thinks their efforts have done anything other than hurt the franchise. DMC5 doesn't have snow ball's chance in hell of happening now. It's been that way the second DmC was announced!
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#90rockman11_zPosted 1/26/2013 8:08:43 AM
Sony_7 posted...
I pity any anti who honestly thinks their efforts have done anything other than hurt the franchise. DMC5 doesn't have snow ball's chance in hell of happening now. It's been that way the second DmC was announced!

DmC 2 was announced? When?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)