I don't understand why people assume DmC selling poorly gets you DMC5...

#91JangotheBlueFoxPosted 1/26/2013 10:01:11 AM
Asellus posted...
and how is that any different than DmC? if you change all of the proper nouns in DmC it could be its own game, completely separate from the devil may cry franchise.

But they didn't. Compare to PoP 2008 though in which its Prince is not intended to be the same person as either the Sands trilogy Prince or even the old old dos-era Prince. It's not a reboot because there's nothing to be rebooted, everything was new other than the general parkour in a vaguely Arabian Nights'esque esthetic.

Man, That PoP was the abomination to the depth that the first 3 games had offer. I love the first trilogy. Those are baddass games.

Eh, honestly I kind of liked it. Not without its flaws and some pretty huge flaws at that (Hugely repetitive collection mechanic, annoying female lead, lame combat) but the setting was nice and the parkour was good.

everything is new in DmC except for peoples names! or are you just ******* blind!? DmC is a reboot and so was the 2008 Prince of Persia game.
---
Its just more badass when you kick someones ass while your half naked -Jango the BlueFox
#92dillpickle69Posted 1/26/2013 10:09:15 AM
lowhighkang posted...

I guess the implication here is, it's better to put your efforts on getting people to buy DMC HD Collection, or DMC4 - as opposed to wasting so much time on convincing people not to buy DmC. You also run the risk of extra exposure by hating on it so much. Already IGN and Gamespot has run numerous articles defending and praising the game, basically diminishing your efforts by painting all the haters as "white hair obsessed fangirls."

I'm not going to read 10 pages of this topic so I don't know if it's already been stated, but sales for the HD collection have been booming since this game came out. If I were to make an obvious guess, it would be because this game coming out has reminded everyone of Devil May Cry, the antis and the pros. The difference is, the pros buy this game, and the antis, having Devil May Cry stuck in their heads because of this game's release, go and buy the HD Collection. So since we already have DMC HD collection outselling DmC by far, the only other step needed to almost surely get Capcom to lean towards DMC5 is for this to sell poorly. Hell, even the idiots over at Capcom would have to notice "Durr, people didn't buy this new DmC that we released, but they all started buying the collections of the old games? hurr durr I guess we should keep going in the direction that we used to."
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#93JangotheBlueFoxPosted 1/26/2013 10:10:43 AM
Asellus posted...
and how is that any different than DmC? if you change all of the proper nouns in DmC it could be its own game, completely separate from the devil may cry franchise.

But they didn't. Compare to PoP 2008 though in which its Prince is not intended to be the same person as either the Sands trilogy Prince or even the old old dos-era Prince. It's not a reboot because there's nothing to be rebooted, everything was new other than the general parkour in a vaguely Arabian Nights'esque esthetic.

your getting reboot and remake mixed up.

a remake is when you make a game all over again and keep pretty much everything exactly the same but make the game slightly more modern, the remake of resident evil on the gamecube is a good example of this.

a reboot is when you start a franchise over from square one and change a whole bunch of stuff, sometimes everything like with DmC or the 2008 Prince of Persia game.
---
Its just more badass when you kick someones ass while your half naked -Jango the BlueFox
#94rockman11_zPosted 1/26/2013 10:12:53 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
lowhighkang posted...

I guess the implication here is, it's better to put your efforts on getting people to buy DMC HD Collection, or DMC4 - as opposed to wasting so much time on convincing people not to buy DmC. You also run the risk of extra exposure by hating on it so much. Already IGN and Gamespot has run numerous articles defending and praising the game, basically diminishing your efforts by painting all the haters as "white hair obsessed fangirls."

I'm not going to read 10 pages of this topic so I don't know if it's already been stated, but sales for the HD collection have been booming since this game came out. If I were to make an obvious guess, it would be because this game coming out has reminded everyone of Devil May Cry, the antis and the pros. The difference is, the pros buy this game, and the antis, having Devil May Cry stuck in their heads because of this game's release, go and buy the HD Collection. So since we already have DMC HD collection outselling DmC by far, the only other step needed to almost surely get Capcom to lean towards DMC5 is for this to sell poorly. Hell, even the idiots over at Capcom would have to notice "Durr, people didn't buy this new DmC that we released, but they all started buying the collections of the old games? hurr durr I guess we should keep going in the direction that we used to."

I pray you are correct. Sometimes, logic is nowhere to be found within Capcom.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#95darkslayer001Posted 1/26/2013 10:35:53 AM
rockman11_z posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
lowhighkang posted...

I pray you are correct. Sometimes, logic is nowhere to be found within Capcom.

yup if this game does worse than any DMC installment, its going to be hard for Capcom to not pay attention to the whole situation.....
#96demonfang178Posted 1/26/2013 11:07:08 AM
rice_noodles posted...
First age, now kin.

What demographic information will be next?

Blood type.
#97JangotheBlueFoxPosted 1/26/2013 11:38:57 AM
demonfang178 posted...
rice_noodles posted...
First age, now kin.

What demographic information will be next?

Blood type.

hair color.
---
#98dillpickle69Posted 1/26/2013 12:05:47 PM(edited)
JangotheBlueFox posted...

a reboot is when you start a franchise over from square one and change a whole bunch of stuff, sometimes everything like with DmC or the 2008 Prince of Persia game.

That's the issue here. A reboot shouldn't change everything. That would be a whole new series. A good reboot is supposed to change about 20-40% of the game, while the other 60-80% is supposed to stay true to the series. In this reboot, we have 95% changes and 5% DMC. And 5% is kind of a stretch.
---
#99ShengaliPosted 1/26/2013 2:40:14 PM
Carpetfluff posted...
I also love the assumption that a DMC5 would magically be a perfect game that immediately takes the series back to the 'glory days'. The guys behind the older games aren't there any more. You have no idea who might end up making it and if they mess it up, that's your beloved original Dante destroyed forever - you'll have no get out clause like with the re-boot where you can pretend it doesn't exist or isn't canon,

I'd say, be careful what you wish for.

They ARE there, they just made Dragon's Dogma.

But yeah, it doesn't mean the game will be stellar. I never said that in my explanation, just that they could make it. Doesn't mean it won't turn out like RE6. Of course, that being said, I'm actually enjoying RE6 - aside from Chris' campaign, Ch. 5. Stupid Haos...
#100dillpickle69Posted 1/26/2013 3:06:37 PM
Carpetfluff posted...
I also love the assumption that a DMC5 would magically be a perfect game that immediately takes the series back to the 'glory days'. The guys behind the older games aren't there any more. You have no idea who might end up making it and if they mess it up, that's your beloved original Dante destroyed forever - you'll have no get out clause like with the re-boot where you can pretend it doesn't exist or isn't canon,

I'd say, be careful what you wish for.

The reason DMC5 needs to be made isn't just because the old series was awesome. I want them to continue the old series so that at the very least, they can answer all the questions and give a proper ending to the old series, before they decide to continue this.
I'm not sure if everyone agrees with me, but that's at least why I want DMC5 to come out.
---