Lock on going into DmC2/DMC5

#1DJ_0000Posted 1/26/2013 11:56:46 AM
I was thinking about lock on in both series and if they decide to continue on with either I think I'd like to see a change. In DmC I liked that lock on wasn't required for moves or dodges but targeting flying enemies felt inaccurate while in DMC it felt like it was originally implemented for targeting shots but then they decided to start using it to add extra moves, the slow down in movement was also a problem for me.

So personally I'd like to see them take some inspiration from Dark/Demons Souls, in these games you press R3 to lock onto an enemy and flicking the right analogue stick cycles your targets. To add to this they could implement something like Metal Gear Rising where you can focus on a target with lock on but you can point the attack at other enemies to allow you to attack other threats while keeping focus on the main target. Also, it shouldn't slow your movement. For me this would add freedom of movement to DMC and accuracy to DmC.

How would you feel if they implemented something like this? Do you prefer either of the current systems?
#2Will414Posted 1/26/2013 12:01:21 PM
I'm personally a fan of the auto-lock-on more often than not.

Makes the fighting feel more free-form. Lock on can be good, too, but I like being able to tap the analog in the direction I want to attack without any hangups from a lock-on.
#3xXxHaVeNPosted 1/26/2013 12:05:19 PM
Why not just do the way DmC does lock on now, and yet still have the lock on feature how it is used in the past games? Why have I never seen anybody mention this? >_>
---
GT: xXxHaVeN117
CoD is the best game series ever and it will never be topped ever never. This sig is 100% serious and not a joke at all. Nope.
#4DJ_0000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:06:07 PM
Will414 posted...

Makes the fighting feel more free-form. Lock on can be good, too, but I like being able to tap the analog in the direction I want to attack without any hangups from a lock-on.

Yeah, this is how I feel as well, I wouldn't mind having auto lock in the next title if there is one but the fact that Rising seems to add that freedom to a system with a lock on is interesting me. It could add the freedom I desire to a lock on system.
#5DJ_0000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:15:00 PM
xXxHaVeN posted...
Why not just do the way DmC does lock on now, and yet still have the lock on feature how it is used in the past games? Why have I never seen anybody mention this? >_>

Because in that situation at any one time you could have either free movement or lock on, with MGR's system you can have both at every moment.
#6tehheadPosted 1/26/2013 12:16:09 PM
Will414 posted...

locking on in DMC4 or 3 commands, has hangups? i don't see 1
i mean, yea if you mean after a stinger, you can't pull another stinger before you walk, or use /\ again
but this game is similar to, what kind of hang up are you talking about?

oh btw, MGR doesn't have lock on simply because [] already serves as auto lock on & force you to approach an enemy, like how assassin creed plays, 1 button to do most attack, some other to execute more powerful & harder to cancel moves
#7wstfldPosted 1/26/2013 12:19:09 PM
I think R3 can do the trick, especially if i can turn it off and on. I really only need it in certain situations, but not needing it to pull every move is nice. I really like having a designated launch button.
---
Last Played: Civ 5 G&K (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD
#8DJ_0000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:20:27 PM
tehhead posted...

oh btw, MGR doesn't have lock on simply because [] already serves as auto lock on & force you to approach an enemy, like how assassin creed plays, 1 button to do most attack, some other to execute more powerful & harder to cancel moves

MGR does have lock on, it's R2.
#9Pesmerga255Posted 1/26/2013 12:20:31 PM
wstfld posted...
I think R3 can do the trick, especially if i can turn it off and on. I really only need it in certain situations, but not needing it to pull every move is nice. I really like having a designated launch button.

You prefer having a designated launch button over having the style system?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!