DmC Debut Week Global Sales Comparison with the Least Selling DMC game

#11AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:09:18 PM
VGChartz may be bad at predicting or estimating numbers but these are historical and established figures so they are reliable for getting a general idea..
#12ChancreScolexPosted 1/26/2013 3:11:28 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
DmC sales figures are in for US, UK and Japan so we can now compare how the game performed as compared to the DMC4 which is the least selling DMC game.

DMC4 sold the most in the series guy, unless you're counting the first again in the collection.
#13Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 1/26/2013 3:17:43 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
VGChartz may be bad at predicting or estimating numbers but these are historical and established figures so they are reliable for getting a general idea..

Alright then...

DmC (PS3)

DMC4 (PS3)

Bayonetta (PS3)
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#14sneakysnakePosted 1/26/2013 3:23:59 PM
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/dmc-launch-sales-bust-in-japan-performs-worse-than-all-predecessors-17129

DmC Launch Sales Bust In Japan, Performs Worse Than All Predecessors
---
PSN: sneakysnake128
#15AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 3:29:57 PM
ChancreScolex posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
DmC sales figures are in for US, UK and Japan so we can now compare how the game performed as compared to the DMC4 which is the least selling DMC game.

DMC4 sold the most in the series guy, unless you're counting the first again in the collection.

I dont think so. Check the sales figures on VGChartz. DMC3 sold the highest if you combine both Dante's Awakening and Special Edition at about 4 million and DMC1 sold the second most at about 3 million. DMC 4 only sold about 2 million.
#16FishermanFriendPosted 1/26/2013 3:31:33 PM
I'm not sure why this is relevant. Are poor sales supposed to change the fact that I enjoyed the game immensely?

Because it doesn't lol
#17Robot_SoopaPosted 1/26/2013 3:33:30 PM
FishermanFriend posted...
I'm not sure why this is relevant. Are poor sales supposed to change the fact that I enjoyed the game immensely?

Because it doesn't lol

No it's supposed to decide whether it flopped or not.

Nobody is discussing quality of the game and nobody implied that sales relate in any way to quality.

Why don't you stop trying to stir up a conflict that isn't even there in the first place.
#18_Uwye_Posted 1/26/2013 3:38:09 PM(edited)
AsimLeonheart posted...
ChancreScolex posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...

I dont think so. Check the sales figures on VGChartz. DMC3 sold the highest if you combine both Dante's Awakening and Special Edition at about 4 million and DMC1 sold the second most at about 3 million. DMC 4 only sold about 2 million.

Lol, VG Chartz. Their numbers are accurate once in a blue moon. When it comes to DMC they are all wrong.

DMC1: 2.1 millions
DMC2: 1.7 millions
DMC3: 1.3 millions (DA only)
DMC4: 2.6 millions (PS3+360)

Source: Capcom themselves.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html
#19FireMage7777Posted 1/26/2013 3:37:45 PM
Raycon posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
I was very close when I said half a million intial sales

I was closer when I said 800,000-900,000.

; )

LOL wut?
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
Don't tell my stalker I'm here!!!
#20FishermanFriendPosted 1/26/2013 3:38:15 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
FishermanFriend posted...

Because it doesn't lol

No it's supposed to decide whether it flopped or not.

Nobody is discussing quality of the game and nobody implied that sales relate in any way to quality.

Why don't you stop trying to stir up a conflict that isn't even there in the first place.

Ok and again, why is this relevant? You don't have stocks in the company. You don't work for the company. Why exactly is this important information to anyone but stock holders and the developers/publishers?