DmC Debut Week Global Sales Comparison with the Least Selling DMC game

#21_Uwye_Posted 1/26/2013 3:38:59 PM
FishermanFriend posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...
I'm not sure why this is relevant. Are poor sales supposed to change the fact that I enjoyed the game immensely?

Because it doesn't lol

No it's supposed to decide whether it flopped or not.

Nobody is discussing quality of the game and nobody implied that sales relate in any way to quality.

Why don't you stop trying to stir up a conflict that isn't even there in the first place.

Ok and again, why is this relevant? You don't have stocks in the company. You don't work for the company. Why exactly is this important information to anyone but stock holders and the developers/publishers?

Fate of the original series is tied to the success of the reboot.
#22Robot_SoopaPosted 1/26/2013 3:39:14 PM
Ok and again, why is this relevant? You don't have stocks in the company. You don't work for the company. Why exactly is this important information to anyone but stock holders and the developers/publishers?

Because it's a good way for fans to figure out if the series is going to continue or not. Sales are important even to fans. It's idiotic to think otherwise.
#23sundet84Posted 1/26/2013 3:41:45 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
DmC sales figures are in for US, UK and Japan so we can now compare how the game performed as compared to the DMC4 which is the least selling DMC game.

First DmC with 3 more days of sales in the debut week

UK:
PS3 = 11,556
XBOX 360 = 13,279
Total = 24,835

USA:
PS3 = 163,615
XBOX 360 = 120,285
Total = 283,900

Japan:
PS3 = approximately 110,000
XBOX 360 = approximately 5,000
Total = 115,000

Now DMC4, the least selling DMC game with 3 less days of sales in the week as compared to DmC.

UK (detailed data is missing so we can just multiply the sale of DmC by 3 to calculate DMC4 sales):

Total = 74505

USA:

PS3 = 146,336
XBOX 360 = 228,784
Total = 375,120

Japan:
PS3 = 208,837
XBOX 360 = 42,917
Total = 251,754

DmC first week global sales = 423,735
DMC 4 first week global sales = 701, 379

There you have it guys, now anybody can decide if DmC is a flop or not. The game was initially predicted by CAPCOM to sell 5 million instead of just 2 million that DMC4 sold but with those kind of figures I do not think it will cross 1.5 million. Therefore, in my opinion , it is a flop!

Wheres the EU sales. You do know there are allot of countries in EU
#24FishermanFriendPosted 1/26/2013 3:48:35 PM(edited)
How do first week sales indicated if something is a flop or not? Ok, DMC 4 sold more in the first week. It was also the first DMC game to be released on a next gen system. It's total sales also had 4 or so years to develop.

Determining if something is a flop or not only on first week sales is a joke. And it also completely excludes PC sales.

If you want to find out if the series is going to continue you shouldn't base these things off inaccurate and ridiculous numbers.

You're letting your bias against the game determine something you can't possible know. You will only disappoint your self in the end.

Try and be a bit more objective for your own sake.
#25_Uwye_Posted 1/26/2013 3:54:39 PM(edited)
sundet84 posted...
Wheres the EU sales. You do know there are allot of countries in EU

Don't bother, the numbers are wrong. The only definite sale number we have is from Japan, with 120.000 copies sold. Less than the weakest selling DMC so far (DMC3 sold in its first week 183.000 copies).

How do first week sales indicated if something is a flop or not?

Diminishing returns. Games sell the most the first week, then sales sharply drop week after week. Sometimes there are exceptions but in general that's how it works.

Ok, DMC 4 sold more in the first week. It was also the first DMC game to be released on a next gen system. It's total sales also had 4 or so years to develop.

It also had a much smaller userbase available. And as said sales of DmC in Japan (and probably UK too) are below those of DMC3, whihc is actually the weakest selling game in the franchise and certainly wasn't the first game of the series on PS2.
#26omerta07Posted 1/26/2013 3:51:57 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
I'm not sure why this is relevant. Are poor sales supposed to change the fact that I enjoyed the game immensely?

Because it doesn't lol

Nobody is discussing quality of the game and nobody implied that sales relate in any way to quality.

Why don't you stop trying to stir up a conflict that isn't even there in the first place.

I agree 100 percent fisherman ! i think whats really sad about all this tho is the fact hat most 'pros' actually have a good and honest reason for caring about the sales seeing as how if the game performs well we obviously would get a sequel whereas the 'antis' ( who are amazingly STILL on this board for whatever pathetic reason seeing as how they so called hate this game ) are obsessed with the sales because in their sick minds that somehow validates that the game sucks and shouldve never been made from the start and gives them some kind of 'bragging' rights and reason to stay on this board for a few more months bashing the game to death instead of MOVING ON . notice how almost all of these 'sales' topics are all made by 'antis' , its truly pathetic
#27ChancreScolexPosted 1/26/2013 3:52:53 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
ChancreScolex posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
DmC sales figures are in for US, UK and Japan so we can now compare how the game performed as compared to the DMC4 which is the least selling DMC game.

DMC4 sold the most in the series guy, unless you're counting the first again in the collection.

I dont think so. Check the sales figures on VGChartz. DMC3 sold the highest if you combine both Dante's Awakening and Special Edition at about 4 million and DMC1 sold the second most at about 3 million. DMC 4 only sold about 2 million.

Lol, VG Chartz. Their numbers are accurate once in a blue moon. When it comes to DMC they are all wrong.

DMC1: 2.1 millions
DMC2: 1.7 millions
DMC3: 1.3 millions (DA only)
DMC4: 2.6 millions (PS3+360)

Source: Capcom themselves.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Thank you man, I keep having to tell people that when they rewrite history on DMC4 for some reason. Also VGChartz...
#28Hi CPosted 1/26/2013 3:57:26 PM

Because it doesn't lol

No, it just means you're willing to take any length of corporate c*** for any product regardless of quality as long as you "get'cho game".
---
You'll be my John G.
#29FishermanFriendPosted 1/26/2013 4:00:34 PM
Hi C posted...

Because it doesn't lol

No, it just means you're willing to take any length of corporate c*** for any product regardless of quality as long as you "get'cho game".

I have no idea what you're trying to say. You sound mad though. That's not very healthy.
#30cyanide_suicidePosted 1/26/2013 4:03:54 PM
omerta07 posted...
Robot_Soopa posted...

Because it doesn't lol

I agree 100 percent fisherman ! i think whats really sad about all this tho is the fact hat most 'pros' actually have a good and honest reason for caring about the sales seeing as how if the game performs well we obviously would get a sequel whereas the 'antis' ( who are amazingly STILL on this board for whatever pathetic reason seeing as how they so called hate this game ) are obsessed with the sales because in their sick minds that somehow validates that the game sucks and shouldve never been made from the start and gives them some kind of 'bragging' rights and reason to stay on this board for a few more months bashing the game to death instead of MOVING ON . notice how almost all of these 'sales' topics are all made by 'antis' , its truly pathetic

It's more pathetic how much the pros are backpeddling now that this game is known to be a complete flop. Antis care because classic DMC may have been killed by this complete abortion of a game. Both the fates of DMC and DmC depend on the sales of DmC. Best case scenario is that DMC makes a return in all it's glory.