DmC Debut Week Global Sales Comparison with the Least Selling DMC game

#31darkdragon_9600Posted 1/26/2013 4:04:49 PM
From: FishermanFriend | Posted: 1/26/2013 8:38:15 PM | #020
Robot_Soopa posted...
FishermanFriend posted...
I'm not sure why this is relevant. Are poor sales supposed to change the fact that I enjoyed the game immensely?

Because it doesn't lol

No it's supposed to decide whether it flopped or not.

Nobody is discussing quality of the game and nobody implied that sales relate in any way to quality.

Why don't you stop trying to stir up a conflict that isn't even there in the first place.

Ok and again, why is this relevant? You don't have stocks in the company. You don't work for the company. Why exactly is this important information to anyone but stock holders and the developers/publishers?

Because if they told the public they expect 2 million copies to be sold, and it doesn't, the series might get canned, or follow a new (newnew lol) direction.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#32Hi CPosted 1/26/2013 4:10:13 PM
Hi C posted...
I'm not sure why this is relevant. Are poor sales supposed to change the fact that I enjoyed the game immensely?

Because it doesn't lol

No, it just means you're willing to take any length of corporate c*** for any product regardless of quality as long as you "get'cho game".

I have no idea what you're trying to say. You sound mad though. That's not very healthy.

Cannot respond without parroting an unfunny meme. Guess I win.
---
You'll be my John G.
#33megamaticsPosted 1/26/2013 4:13:44 PM
Flopper Gonna floop
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#34Robot_SoopaPosted 1/26/2013 4:16:11 PM
How do first week sales indicated if something is a flop or not? Ok, DMC 4 sold more in the first week. It was also the first DMC game to be released on a next gen system. It's total sales also had 4 or so years to develop.

Determining if something is a flop or not only on first week sales is a joke. And it also completely excludes PC sales.

If you want to find out if the series is going to continue you shouldn't base these things off inaccurate and ridiculous numbers.

You're letting your bias against the game determine something you can't possible know. You will only disappoint your self in the end.

Try and be a bit more objective for your own sake.

I don't have a bias against this game at all. I just recently got into the DMC series. _Uwye_ pretty much covered everything I was going to say. First week sales are a big indicator of how your game is going to go over. 1.5 million people aren't just sitting there waiting to buy the game new at full price in June or something.

DMC4 has been out for 5 years and is hovering a little over 2.6 mil last time I checked.

Capcom originally wanted 5mil sales. Now even 2mil looks out of their reach. It took 5 years for DMC4 to go over 2.5 million global sales. DmC sold half of DMC4's launch numbers in Japan and a third of it in the UK and slightly over the U.S. total and that's still not even at half of one million. Where are these 1.5 million + people going to come from in less than a year?

It's just unrealistic to expect that DmC will start out selling far worse to a LARGER install base and somehow pick up DMC4's numbers in 1/5th the time.
#35LordMePosted 1/26/2013 4:19:35 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
How do first week sales indicated if something is a flop or not? Ok, DMC 4 sold more in the first week. It was also the first DMC game to be released on a next gen system. It's total sales also had 4 or so years to develop.

Determining if something is a flop or not only on first week sales is a joke. And it also completely excludes PC sales.

If you want to find out if the series is going to continue you shouldn't base these things off inaccurate and ridiculous numbers.

You're letting your bias against the game determine something you can't possible know. You will only disappoint your self in the end.

I don't have a bias against this game at all. I just recently got into the DMC series. _Uwye_ pretty much covered everything I was going to say. First week sales are a big indicator of how your game is going to go over. 1.5 million people aren't just sitting there waiting to buy the game new at full price in June or something.

DMC4 has been out for 5 years and is hovering a little over 2.6 mil last time I checked.

Capcom originally wanted 5mil sales. Now even 2mil looks out of their reach. It took 5 years for DMC4 to go over 2.5 million global sales. DmC sold half of DMC4's launch numbers in Japan and a third of it in the UK and slightly over the U.S. total and that's still not even at half of one million. Where are these 1.5 million + people going to come from in less than a year?

It's just unrealistic to expect that DmC will start out selling far worse to a LARGER install base and somehow pick up DMC4's numbers in 1/5th the time.

Ok... DMC4 has 2.6mil sales, but that is not over 5 years. That's like... one or 2 years. Or do you think they have still been making new copies all along? The only way to get the game new is PC download.

Most games will sell their lifetime sales in a year, DmC will not have new copies made by this time next year, fairly standard for games like this. Bayo, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden. They don't infinitely keep making new copies of games, unless you are like a 8mil+ selling game.
#36darkdragon_9600Posted 1/26/2013 4:21:18 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...

Ok... DMC4 has 2.6mil sales, but that is not over 5 years. That's like... one or 2 years. Or do you think they have still been making new copies all along? The only way to get the game new is PC download.

Most games will sell their lifetime sales in a year, DmC will not have new copies made by this time next year, fairly standard for games like this. Bayo, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden. They don't infinitely keep making new copies of games, unless you are like a 8mil+ selling game.

This. Sales after 1-2 years are from used copies. You guys know what those are, right?
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#37Robot_SoopaPosted 1/26/2013 4:45:05 PM(edited)
After DMC4 went out of print it came back as a Platinum Hit though and has also been included in "Platinum Collections."

My point was this:
" On February 20, 2008, Capcom's president Haruhiro Tsujimoto announced in a press release that the game shipped 2 million copies in its first month"

So the extra .6 million were accumulated after that first month. I'm not trying to imply that DMC4 sold 2.6 mil over a period of five years. I supposed I worded that poorly and I apologize.

If anything I'm implying the opposite. DMC4 hasn't sold jack over the 5 years after that first month. Even after being re-released as Platinum Hit and in Platinum Collections.

So DmC has to make up around 1.6 million sales by the end of the month to be on the right track.

Before anyone says SALES =/= SHIPPED, it's irrelevant to the point being made.
#38360pagesPosted 1/26/2013 4:38:38 PM
Not only that, but it seems that it's not even out selling DMC 3.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#39DethaPosted 1/26/2013 4:44:27 PM(edited)
http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/teething/516585

Stating the units shipped for first week sales seems pretty much pointless. Any store can order hundreds, but if the people aren't buying, then are you really giving the product justice by only speaking in terms of "units shipped"? "Units sold" gauges popularity and if the people are actually buying - not just the stores.
---
i3 2130 3.4, 8gb 1600, 460 855/2065 http://steamcommunity.com/id/dxluv
#40_Uwye_Posted 1/26/2013 4:40:06 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Before anyone says SALES =/= SHIPPED, you're wrong.

Does that simbol mean "the same as"?