DmC Debut Week Global Sales Comparison with the Least Selling DMC game

#41Robot_SoopaPosted 1/26/2013 3:50:24 PM
Detha posted...
http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/teething/516585

Yes I know there is a clear difference.

Suppose I again worded myself terribly. I didn't mean to imply they were the same number just that trying to bring it up is irrelevant to the point. "You're wrong" made it seem like I was saying Sales and Shipped are the same number. I edited my post.

I was trying to express that regardless of the fact that the president said shipped there has to be demand for 2mil copies in the first place.

If the first week for DMC4 was rough the retailers wouldn't have ordered more. DmC sold less than half a million GLOBALLY. DmC's sales would have to actually increase in the second week and then stay constant for the rest of the month.
#42Blackmarvel79Posted 1/26/2013 3:52:55 PM
Very few games have made there sales target in the last year in a half. Worldwide recession tends to that. Tends to be pretty common anymore.
---
Currently playing DMC. And still playing Mass Effect for the forseeable future.
#43MinamoPosted 1/26/2013 5:14:28 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Very few games have made there sales target in the last year in a half. Worldwide recession tends to that. Tends to be pretty common anymore.

But there are easily twice as many consoles on the market than when DMC4 came out in 2008.
#44Windmaster715Posted 1/26/2013 5:23:51 PM
sadly I am afraid I am not going to be able to count the number of these topics with my fingers and toes for much longer
---
Ignore my typos
#45djepic112Posted 1/26/2013 5:24:04 PM
That's too bad. This is the best game in the series and Ninja Theory did an amazing job.
#46Rising_shadowPosted 1/26/2013 5:25:20 PM
No, Tameem.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#47Abiz_Posted 1/26/2013 5:45:45 PM
But there are easily twice as many consoles on the market than when DMC4 came out in 2008.

FF10 sold more then FF12. That doesn't mean anything. People buy less towards the end of a console generation.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#48SilentS89Posted 1/26/2013 5:53:58 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...

DmC has a massive fan backlash and is a serious downgrade from its predecessors and has Devs that were insulting to the people they are trying to sell the game to, but it was probably entirely the recession that resulted in sales not hitting their target.

Yup, recession is the most likely answer right? Not the poor PR and lousy quality of the game right?

Totally the recession, if it wasn't for that the game would have broken records. (In a positive sense)
#49Windmaster715Posted 1/26/2013 5:55:19 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...

DmC has a massive fan backlash and is a serious downgrade from its predecessors and has Devs that were insulting to the people they are trying to sell the game to, but it was probably entirely the recession that resulted in sales not hitting their target.

Yup, recession is the most likely answer right? Not the poor PR and lousy quality of the game right?

Totally the recession, if it wasn't for that the game would have broken records. (In a positive sense)

Game quality can be subjective

but you are right, bad PR was also at work here. No one wants to buy a video game from a jerk salesman. Which is why I tend to give EA the finger most of the time
---
Ignore my typos
#50ejshinPosted 1/26/2013 6:00:12 PM
Does anyone know how much they spent on making and marketing DmC vs DMC4? If the cost of development and marketing is significantly lower, then DmC wouldn't have to sell as much to be a success.
---
Those that do not understand satire are often those subject to it